A special custom artwork deal for you all, because I love you dearly.

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Adam., Aug 14, 2010.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

My sister (an awesome artist) is trying to get started on her way to her own small business and one of the services she offers is doing online portraits/caricatures of people for $25. (My avatar is an example of her more expensive full pieces)

But I talked to her and because she's just getting started and needs to get some information to help her make them even better. She wants to give out 10 of them for free in exchange for you guys just answering a short questionnaire. Since you guys are so awesome I thought I'd let you guys be one of the first groups to get the offer from her.

Here's what you get:
    • A high resolution custom original portrait (portrait) that you are given the rights to completely (so you can use it anywhere you want).
    • The satisfaction of knowing that you have one of the most awesome online presences imaginable. Not that you have a bad photo of you in a bar making duck face*

This is the example I used for my avatar here (I think she captured my personality, don't you?):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamposey/4890954425/sizes/l/

As you can see, she makes the pieces BIG (3500x3500). So you could put this on a shirt or something if you wanted to.

Just email her at [email protected] and attach a photo of yourself and we'll be in touch. Her new (and therefor incomplete) fan page on Facebook can be found here with some more examples of her work. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ayla-P-Productions/126177184095165

Sound good?

* No one thinks duck face is cute, don't ever do that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Usually we don't allow advertising here, however since it's to help out your sister we will let it on here. Hopefully she gets a lot of attention from this.

Heck I might even have her do one of me if she'd want to.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I didn't even think of this as advertising if you want to erase it go ahead and do so. I just thought since she was handing out 10 freebies the peeps on this forum might like to know about them.

But yeah, she does portraits for $25, full body pieces for $75 and increasingly advanced artwork that you'll have to talk to her about prices for. Discounts are available, of course. ;)

Derek

No no it's fine :). As long as she honors her commitments and comes through with the product, I see no problem. We just have the advertising rule there to absolve LPA of all responsibility for products/goods sold off site. I like her art style. Reminds me of King of The Hill a little (except far better animated).

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Because she's living (and helping to pay for housing expenses) with a young autistic child (our brother, who is a delight!) in the house she gets interrupted a lot, and so they do take her a little while to complete. She can usually finish one portrait in the span of an hour or so and get it back to you, and she's very good about being responsive.

Derek

Cool. I might actually ask her to do one. I love being drawn. I think it's awesome!

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Awesome! I'd like one haha.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Well I don't live with her so you guys will need to send her an email at the address in the first message. Just attach a photo or arrange a webcam session and she'll be able to fix you right up. :)

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Looks very cool. :)

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Just letting you guys know the freebies are out of stock. They went really, really, quickly. But for $25 she'll do a custom portrait of you and give you the full rights to it so you can use it for anything you want. We've already heard some pretty interesting use cases like people putting the portrait on their CapitalOne credit cards, etc.,

Hellions

Hellions Banned

How much for Abraham Lincoln in a shark costume punching a tall version of Gary Coleman in the face? If possible with details of said face jiggling as if in a slow-motion freeze frame, with blood and possibly a tooth or two mid-air. Serious inquiry and willing to pay top dollar.