A Thousand Suns 6 Track Sampler Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

YES the first batch of song discriptions/reviews!

This album is gonna be so epic. I really hope I'll love it as much as I think I will. Its sounds like their really stepping out the box with this one!

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

lol

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I did not think I could be more excited for this album. I was clearly underestimating myself.

4+ mins for each song we know so far. Electronic music, while keeping Brad active. Creative song structure (I, for whatever reason, LOVE songs that do not have a chorus. Verses all the way through), and most importantly, non-mainstream Linkin Park music.

[​IMG]

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm sorry...I was just voicing an honest personal opinion. I'm sorry that I may have been wrong. I'm just as excited as you are about ATS!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Xero, I nearly died laughing at your gif. :lol:

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

"1) Untitled [4'39 "]
    It starts with a long intro with successive drums, keyboard, and finally the vocals in the background. Chester Bennington is the only one to give voice to the first verse in which the rhythm is almost dancing. A big break that recalls the excellent electro Reanimation (the remix album of Hybrid Theory) breaks the rhythm of the song. Mike Shinoda does his apparition until the bridge. He calmly raised his voice and the song back in power. The title ends with an a cappella singers of both."
    That should be: "Mike Shinoda doesn't make an appearance until the bridge/climax. He calmly raises his voice, then the piece remounts in power."

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

I wanted four things from this album:

1) More Mike Shinoda
    2) More electronic sounds
    3) Less "pop" sounding, because I really don't want LP to turn into U2.
    4) For "A Thousand Suns" to sound NOTHING like the new 30 Seconds to Mars album

Based on this review, I can now say that it looks like all of my wishes will be coming true. I've already said in another thread that this is the most excited I've ever been to hear a new song/album from anyone. August 2nd and September 14th are so close, but too far away at the same time. :/

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Me too man, every new piece of info makes me Three Times as excited than the last piece.

Also I just love when songs don't have a chorus. (There's a lot of debate as to what a chorus is so I'm just going to use the term loosely as in a lyrical chorus but when there is no chorus instrumentally or lyrically that is just double the awesome) Some of my favorite songs are that way: such as Oh Inverted World by The Shins, Breathe by Pink Floyd, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Spanish Harlem Incident by Bob Dylan, Paranoid Android by Radiohead, Oh, I buried You Today by The Raveonettes, Losing my Religion by R.E.M and Dear God by XTC. - And all of these are just the more well known songs on my list of favorite songs.

Call me weird but it actually helps me to memorize lyrics when songs aren't so structured as cvcvbc. Plus they're usually written better lyrically and have deeper meanings. The music is often better.. well I think I've said a lot for now.. :lol:

I'm just so damn excited to hear so much awesome news. I love the art. I love Mike singing and rapping. I love the electronica. I love the lengths of the songs. Bring on September 13!

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Ugh I am pumped!!! I love how Linkin Park constantly make themselves stand out from all the other rock bands- musically and through their dedication to the fans. I can't wait for September 14th!:headbang:

Vic

Vic No game no life

A-W-E-S-O-M-E Man this are the best news that I've EVER received!!!! This album is going to be pure epicness! Joe I'm agree with you, this is going to be the best fucking LP album (I also said that) this is what I really wanted to hear! Long songs! Man I can't wait anymore, I'm gonna go to that office and steal those damn samplers!!! D:

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

thank you a lot !

Welcome to LPA !!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

Me too, but from what I understand, they have personal security that travels with the sampler who plays it for the listener and takes it back with him. sounds like some top secret FBI shit, lol.

on album news, I can not wait for this album, LP has never done anything I didn't like, so I'm up for change.... so long as there is always rock elements in their songs, lol

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I checked out the song mentioned in the article by Indochine and Melissa Auf Der Maur called Le Grand Secret

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hulx_6HIdB4

It's a pretty good song and yeah the piano resembles the piano from The Catalyst.

As for the songs described by the article, I'm really pumped because it looks like they are moving towards more NIN territory but also having their own identity.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Nah, don't worry about it. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed anything.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What I love the most, is just how energized the fanbase is over all this. It feels like 2002 all over again, when people were eagerly awaiting Meteora to come out. How exciting :D.

L₳ζ₳Я

L₳ζ₳Я The Evil Speculator

Everything i wanted came with these six tracks. And there's six more. Thank you LP.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This is a little too soon to ask but which track of the six sounds the most appealing to you guys? I'm finding it hard to choose. They all sound awesome, haha.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Joe, they all sound awesome to be. Sorry Joe, I honestly cannot decide.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'd say Track 2 for me. Something about the speech at the beginning, Mike's rapping and Chester chanting just seems like it has potential to be a really fun song. Though I must be honest, all six tracks sound like they'll be awesome.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm gonna sue them if the album isn't that KoOl :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.