A Thousand Suns 6 Track Sampler Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

"The Catalyst" thank you man.

Well, for me it isn't. Maybe I'm more of an "earcandy" kind of guy, which equals to Meteora, Hybrid Theory, Reanimation (work before MTM).

btw, is there any way I can add the "g" to "breakin" in my username??? I forgot the g XD

Awesome! thank you! :D

THANK YOU :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

FINALLY. I am very happy with this.

My one and only complaint is them staying with 12 songs. At least go with 14. -____-

Edit: @BreakinTheHabit - I can edit your name for you. :)
    Edit #2: Done. :)

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah but it's 12 songs that might equal at least an hour in length. That's an improvement in itself.

4. ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

When I imagine the new album it sounds like Massive Attack with How To Destroy Angels (and Linkin Park of course) but a more heavier than HTDA and MA and dreamy synths. But I don't know what to expect, I can only imagine.

5. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

You're welcome. :)

True.

What if one track is an instrumental from Joe? That would be 11 actual tracks then. It seems that won't happen with this record since it hasn't been mentioned, but it's always a possibility. That's why I hate the usual 12 tracks with them. It never really is 12 tracks when you get down to it lol.

6. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

I wouldn't call it "improvement". I would call it "revamped" :)

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Valid points Andrea. We'll have to wait and see.

8. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

guys do u know the song ''moon baby''??it's godsmack song

i think the catalyst will be some how like this song

9. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

No it won't. According to the XFM radio clip discussing the sampler, it is a rap track. Plus, that song sounds nothing like what is being described by this review...

10. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

that's just the thing. from the stems, we haven't heard any rapping yet and XFM did claim it to be a different sort of rap. It makes you wonder just how heavily dense and varied this one song is going to be especially at 5-6 min. in length

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair there are bound to be some B-sides released after the album so even if it is 12 tracks long, we'll still probably get more material then that.

12. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

This is true. No one is sure just how many different sounds we'll get out of the first single, and they did say that the rap isn't the classic "rap-rock" style we've been accustomed to hearing. I can't wait to hear what that means...

but in the end, my point was that The Catalyst should sound nothing like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvGSgpTQ6U

13. Zane

i was just thinking about just how much LP's been keeping their new sound locked down that they must have some amazing stuff for us this time around. They've been way more secretive than they've ever been with sneak peaks and all. In the past 2 albums they allowed for split second verses or bits and pieces to be dropped on LPTV and various other medias but this time around they have shown us absolutely nothing! We really get the chance to go to the store, slide the disc in, and listen to the new songs and sounds on a completely clean slate. And I find that to be a really unique opportunity. That's why leaks this time are the true enemy.

14. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

I agree. This new album experience is so unique and involving and I like it!

15. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

This review very much excites me for the album. I like the risk, I like the changes, and I'm looking forward to hearing it all this September.

16. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I agree, but there won't be neither that much in my opinion. I have the feeling they got directly to the point with this album, instead of doing 90 demos like that. That's the reason why Chester would like to record immediately another album :D, simply because it flew well, tracks got written down easily and they could focus on less tracks with probably a revolutionary quality on them tho. But yes, maybe LPU 10 will have more stuff :)
    About LEAKS: i agree also there, the worst enemy which risks to ruin the surprise. I'd invite people to ignore them once they are out, but... with LP, does there leaks really exist?? lol, i doubt it, such a lot of security they have.

17. lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

one think i want from the new album .........plez i don't wanna hear any song like in between or HANDS HELD HIGH

18. seonte

seonte Member

Didn't Mike mention several months back that they were going to be focusing more on instrumentals this time around?

19. Zane

its hard with leaks because once they start they're EVERYWHERE. And that'd also mean I'd have to stick away from any LP sites like here to avoid leaks cuz once I see one it is very hard to resist :p

20. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Mike said there wasn't any rapping on The Catalyst. I think what the XFM guy was talking about is what we've already heard Mike do in bits we heard.

Yes, but in refference to sections in songs. As in not just haveing vocals over all the time, but more instrumental sections.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.