A Thousand Suns Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I am FULLY aware of that. I stated it was from And One. But still, how many bands advertise pirating music? Mike could have said, "Join our fan club to get songs like this and more. It's only so and so $$". Heck, I'm surprised he didn't!

Edit: Thank you breakingthehabbit!

2. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

If bands can make a MASTERPIECE IN such little time, then I think there was help involve...

3. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Minus, I'm done talking to you. This is the second time today you've gone out of your way to make me look like an idiot for multiple posts.

You truly are an arrogant prick.

Good day sir.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, if you don't want to get called out, don't make overly generalized statements that can easily be proven false.

And you're especially asking for it when it comes to music, as most members here listen to a wide range of music (which I take to a ridiculously absurd degree). The cover was merely debate; your statement concerning time to create music being a factor of whether the music is appealing on a creative level would've probably been brought up by someone else at some point in time. At least, anyone that has a true love for music. Because sometimes it can take you 2 years or 2 weeks to write a good song. You shouldn't be judging the quality of music by a band by how much time they spent on it. Look at Chinese Democracy.

5. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

No problem :)

lol you should be careful man, I know what I'm telling you xD

6. Benjamin

So people aren't allowed to disagree with you? Sometimes people will disagree with you...that's life.

7. Minus

Really, you were just asking for it with this doozy of a sentence: "It's common knowledge among people who know how to use their brains..."

I go into arrogant prick mode when I see others do the same.

8. ALivingGrudge

That was the whole point of my post that started this. It was purposefully generalized, because I was stating a general rule.

If someone spends more time on something creative, odds are it will sound better than if they spent a very rushed amount of time on it.

Of course there are exceptions (Both ways), and you proved that. But as a general rule with anything creative, more time spent on it means it'll have better results.

That's all I was saying, and you made it a personal mission to belittle me.

9. Minus

As I stated in the post directly above yours, I belittled YOU because you belittled everyone else with the following:

"It's common knowledge among people who know how to use their brains..."

10. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Guys, let's remember to respect others. If you're getting frustrated with another member, take a break and cool down, then come back. We don't want anyone getting warned or banned over something so trivial.

Thanks. :)

11. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

This, exactly. Just chill out. Everyone has their own opinions, and there's no point in arguing and trying to change them. :)

12. ALivingGrudge

Who was I belittling? Nobody said "I hate how Linkin Park doesn't release an album every year" and if somebody did, I didn't see it.

In fact, if I remember correctly, the post I read before posting that said something about not caring how Linkin Park takes their time with their albums.

I was just using some tasteless humor I guess without thinking about it, and for that I'm sorry.

13. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

so hey about that linkin park album cover. that is the name of this thread isn't it? lol i love reading the last 20 posts looking for opinions on the album cover but find silly banter

14. Benjamin

That's what happened in the first 300 posts until there was nothing else to talk about :lol:. My opinion is that it is way below average BUT I don't care because I care about the music, not the art. And I completely understand the people that like it! Haha there's the first ontopic thing in the last few pages :lol:

15. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Hey you know what was a great album cover art? The Black album by Metallica. The name, the black cover, the songs, everything was bad ass about that. I wonder if that cover generated as much controversy as this cover art has in such a short period of time. Anyway, my point is that at first the cover for that album seemed weird, but once you listened to the songs and heard the lyrics it made sense. I'm guessing that's what will happen with this album. Once we get the total package: the song and the art it'll make more sense. But I maybe wrong too but that's how I feel about the album cover. By the way, I like the album cover. I don't love it but I think we've seen the last of the HT robot and that style of art from LP. They've obviously or at least Mike has evolved more as an artist (natural progression as one ages and matures) and pieces like this may seems less "cool" at the moment but in time I think it will be more appreciated. My 2 cents anyway.

16. ALivingGrudge

Sorry for being part of the reason this thread got carried away.

As for the album cover, I still love it, which is weird because I just remembered I said I'd be pissed if it was black and white like MTM.

Guess I don't know myself as well as I thought.

17. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

haha thank you sir. i agree with you. I mean, it's a cool picture to me, and once i hear the music, maybe in some odd way it will make a llittle more sense to me. But the album art is just in addition to the music. If i find any similarities between the 2 thats cool with me, but album art could be a piece of stool in the toilet, and as long as it relates the music i think its pretty nice.

edit: yikes i had to go back and retype that twice, i guess i'm a little more tired than i thought

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  18. rock_couture101

rock_couture101 Member

This is what I posted at the LPUMB and just reposted it at LPlive, and now I'm going to post it here because I want everyone to know why I am so in love with this album cover:

It's just simple, raw, and amazing. It feels as if they've captured a moment in time, a moment of fury as well as beauty.

19. ALivingGrudge

^Thank you so much for putting what was on my mind into words.

20. rock_couture101

rock_couture101 Member

I'm happy to help.

You know, I just realized something. I'm pretty sure the special edition is probably going to have a different cover, so that might be of some relief to the many that do not approve of this cover.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.