A Thousand Suns Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's all opinion. I think the album cover is fantastic. Simple and intriguing.

2. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Honestly, I would love this cover if they changed it up a little. It looks too much like a cartoon character, imo. If they filled in some of the white gaps a little, I think it would look much nicer.

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Love The Catalyst cover. Album cover is extremely "blah". Colour me disappointed.

"Album art is a collaboration between us and friends. No single author in many cases.
    The album art on this is going to be sick BTW"

They said they were thinking about it. Later they said it wouldn't be.

4. bogdan971

bogdan971 Well-Known Member

The album cover is a mushroom :|
    =))

5. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Yes, almost a year ago, and then dismissed it like 100 times later. But Mike talked about the album cover a few times recently on the LPU chat, including earlier this very month if I'm not mistaken and he did say it would be sick.

6. PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

I don't have a clue what it is.. But I for some reason like it :)

7. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

i saw a miniature version of the artwork on facebook and it looks 100x better. no dove, more like a sun. and i wonder what LP has got planned for the preorder that makes it soo much better than best buy.

8. evulture

evulture Banned

Wasnt ADAM was bragging and CONFIRMING like hell that the image which will be revealed will NOT be album cover?

9. Hellions

Hellions Banned

Well, I suppo--

WOOOOOOAAAAHHH

10. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

For people who say stuff like this... Then your words means nothing, this my friends, is because the fact that Hybrid Theory was black and white with a very smudgy red outline, which wasnt a big deal (BLACK & WHITE). Metora was (BLACK & WHITE) and brown... So fuck everyone who complains about the black and white artwork, it's been black and white since album 1.

I also don't mind the album art. and i'm almost certain LP will atleast put they're new LP logo onto it and also at the bottom 'A thousand suns' otherwise...it'll be just a nameless album. not a good selling point. in that defense...that's my way of KNOWING linkin park isn't gonna leave the album JUST like that.

11. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

the supernova thing you are going about actually makes sense this way :)

12. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

The reason I love this is when I think about how awesome it will look in an actual jewel case, printed on nice glossy liner notes. It's going to look totally badass on a store shelf.

/my two cents.

13. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Looking at it more, this gets an F. What the heck LP! What is this? Mike was thinking long and hard about the cover and he accidentally dropped a can of black paint on the paper. He tried to smear it off but couldn't remove it. Then he was like "OMG look guyz I'm done with the artwork." We've been waiting 3 days for THIS? It's a black blob! I understand that maybe it's like a sun blowing up but the casual fan will see a black blob. The only thing I like is that the title of it ISN'T on the cover. I actually think that's cool.
    For the record, the music will still be LP's best yet. But this is not "Our best artwork so far" as Mike put it.

I'm sorry if I come across as a jerk but WTF? If there's a brown/redish tint in it (and a dark grey background) guess what? It's NOT black and white. If the ATS cover would have had the blob/sun be a red/orange color, my opinion would completely change about it! And Meteora isn't even remotely black and white. IT's dominated by brown!! [/being a jerk]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  14. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Then again,

[​IMG]

This got huge backlash as an album cover, but the direction they took was amazing in my point of view. I think we should wait until the thing itself releases, when we have the actual CD in our hands, have a while to listen to the music, and have a look at everything about the album's art before we get to judging all of it. The album cover itself is a bit unimpressive to me too, but then again, my views change drastically sometimes. Maybe your opinion will change sometime as well, whatever it may be.

15. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

People are judging this at face value. I expect the whole album to be filled with amazing artwork and the cover is just the surface to that. I expect a lot of unique touches to this album, and that includes it's presentation. There will be more to this album in terms of art than just the front cover, trust me.

16. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

He just said that the pixel image wasn't the cover. The pixel image was just to keep people from hacking the picture.

17. Jacob

Jacob Guest

LOL

18. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I think the pixel image would've worked better for this album, considering their website design and little clips they posted.

19. evulture

evulture Banned

i Strongly Agree with you. Thats NOT ART !!

btw, Wasnt ADAM was bragging and CONFIRMING like hell that the image which will be revealed will NOT be album cover?

20. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

There is a difference between the Album cover, and Album art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.