A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Finally, someone that see's that... For god sakes people why did you fall in love with this band? Thank you SonnyIanni, I felt like I was going nuts...and for people saying that there is guitar on The Catalyst and Wretches and Kings.... Woopie Doo, I shouldn't have to blast the shit out of my car to hear a guitar in a song from LP, if it is so low in the mix then obviously the band doesn't want the guitars to stand out...my point exactly

2. SonnyIanni

SonnyIanni Well-Known Member

I see... old = rock, new = electronic lol jk

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

This^ times Eleventy Billion.

I haven't listened to the clips or W&K, and won't until I get the album Friday, and the above quote is essentially how I'm going into listening to this.

:nono:
    Seriously, I should just put "ATS is almost 48minutes long making it their longest studio album. The 9 full songs on ATS together are 40 minutes long, which is longer than bothe HT & Meteora." as my sig, my fingers are getting tired from typing it out so many times.

4. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

ZIIING! This.

5. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Blackout... Yea your right, I'm a asshole, thats why I pre-ordered A Thousand Suns already, thats why I still love this band. Yea I'm a selfish son a bitch, thanks for pointing that out... Sorry that I wouldn't mind hearing heavier material, but my bad, im a asshole

6. SonnyIanni

exactly lparker55 i completely understand. It's clear that they don't want the guitars

7. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

How about we all take a deep breath and walk away from the computer for a while? Doesn't that sound nice? I know it does to me. Lets all stop this mess and chill out for a while. We're all going around in circles here and nothing will come from this.

8. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

These snippets are probably not going to tell us much about these songs. The band itself has said that there are surprises, unexpected twists and turns in the songs. These samples probably gives us like 30% of the song. But from what I've heard I can definitely say that those people who love catchy hooks and meaty riffs be prepared to be severely disappointed. One of the problems LP has is that their fan base loves catchy tunes (not saying there's anything wrong with that) and this album may not have that many hooks to really sink your teeth into. LP wants you to dig deeper into these songs and find a deeper meaning. I love HT and Meteora, but one of the problems I had was that the songs were too easy to like. It didn't require any patience and it certainly didn't require me to find deeper meaning. With ATS I'm guessing that you're going to have to spend some time with this album to find the gems. Problem is a lot of LP fans won't do that and will trash the band for not having "heavy" songs or they'll stop being fans. For me there is a silver lining in this because that means that LP will have more mature fans who appreciate mature work.

9. lprullzBG

lprullzBG Active Member

:D Everybody who don't like the band, the style and the album - GTFO! I mean WTF are you doing here since YOU'RE NOT A LINKIN PARK FAN?!?! You gotta understand that LINKIN PARK HAS NO STYLE, THEIR STYLE IS CHANGES, CHANGES AND CHANGES! And the next album will be VERY DIFFERENT from A Thousand Suns, I can bet my money on this! So if you still don't get what LINKIN PARK is all about, well.... you're a moron!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  10. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I didn't say you were an asshole, I wouldn't attack you personally like that. What irritates me is that you have yet to hear this album, and you're complaining about what it SHOULD sound like.

That, and the argument you're making has been done dozens of times before, and it gets old real fast. They're never making another nu-metal album. Ever.

EDIT:

@ Andrea - That sounds like a wonderful idea, actually. lol :)

11. SonnyIanni

It's like they're starting from scratch (again) as a different band that I don't recognize as Linkin Park.

12. Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Linkin Park have matured into old men that don't know what good music is anymore. I better get off their lawn before they chase me with their bad album.

x-fan

13. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

This is a good point imo.

14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Mike would want you to stop talking and start trying to catch up....muthafuckaaa

15. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

ONE LAST TIME, IT WAS A COMPARISON

HT - ATS .. IS AS IF METALLICA WENT COLDPLAY. DONE. Steep comparison but just a statement none the less, NO ONE said ATS sounded like Coldplay!!!! >< Gah!!!

16. SonnyIanni

They need to go back to their roots... WHAT MADE THEM LINKIN PARK!!!

17. nikos

nikos Active Member

I guess for all the fans that whine and complain about LP going soft the band is like "Tired of being what you want me to be..." :D

18. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Oh well i was 15 i "fell in love" with a blonde girl with blue eyes, a great smile, but that in the inside she wasn't that great of a person.

When i was 18 i fell in love with a brunette with black eyes, and although she isn't as beautiful as the blonde chick, she is intellectually much more fulfilling.

The point here being that when you're at a certain age, you want the most beautiful girl, even if she isn't the best person, when you grow up, you look for others stuff in a partner.

So basically while you grow up, your taste in stuff gets different, you evolve, and so (thankfully) the band did.

You begin to appreciate other things that before you didn't even notice.

P.S: I may have not expressed myself in the best manner in this post.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  19. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm done. Just...done.

20. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

They have said that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I'm sorry. They have grown up and a lot of us have as well. I know I've grown, married and had two kids. While I sometimes enjoy popping in Hybrid Theory and rocking out to some "One Step Closer" it's just not where I'm at in life anymore. It's not where they are either. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.