A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

THANK YOU.

2. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thread is re-opened. Lets be respectful or warnings will be issued.

4. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

-waits for gunfire to start again-

In the meantime, some of the songs are starting to really remind me of the Postal Service, in a good way

5. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

haha yeah they do! but in a totally good way. i LOVE burning in the skies and robot boy especially. even if they have heavy parts, those samples really get to me

6. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'm kindly going to say that this is exactly what a troll like post is. "Not some stupid techno band." You have no real evidence to support that other than 30 second clips. And I'm not sure you even know what techno really is. And again, your trying to tell us that LP is techno like it's not an opinion.

7. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

What made me an LP fan has no influence on how I view their new music for the simple fact that what i look for in music and what moves me these days is completely different to what moved me 10 years ago.

What makes them LP is the fusion of different genres and sounds, that's how it's always been, that's how it still is. The only difference is they're not limiting themselves almost exclusively to rap/rock. The heart of the band is expanding, not diminishing.

8. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

[​IMG]

9. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

They remind you of the postal service? Nah, I find them to be more like the police department myself. :D

10. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Hahaha very funny :p

11. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I would be interested in seeing how many people "like" or "hate" the sound. Maybe the mods could make a poll thread. And then once ATS is released we could have another poll asking the same question. I would love to compare those two statistics.

12. hivoltage

hivoltage Member

Debating whether or not their new sound is good is futile. Art is in the eye of the beholder. If you like it, great! If you don't, move on. The one thing that is intolerable is for you to tell the artist what you think they should do. If Linkin Park were to listen to the cries to return to another sound, they would be "selling out" in every sense of the phrase.

So how about we share our honest impressions of the album, if we so desire, and leave it at that. I am very curious what professional critics have to say about this endeavor. So far, the MTV review I read had nothing but the highest praise calling it an important turning point in the band's career.

13. WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

Rita :'(

14. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Oh noes we can just askz LpZ to go back 2 ht n MT

15. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Brilliant post, quoted for truth.

16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Brilliant quote of a brilliant post, quoted for brilliant.

17. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Brilliant quote of a brilliant quote of a brilliant post, quoted for awesomeness.

18. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Ok if you want my impressions of ATS, I will stop complaining about their sound... The thirty second clips give us an IMPRESSION of the new album, not the entire feel, I understand all that, I know I will most likely like ATS maybe not love ATS, time will tell... Before you start typing, just hear me out... I love anything this band puts out, my opinion is that I would love for them to have heavier material and by the sound of it from these clips, were only getting two possible heavy songs... Ok I understand HT/Meteora are past records and 10 years ago and the band has matured and all that... But as a fan of that sound, it just kinda makes my head drop in what made me love the band in the first place...

As for the clips, I think they sound ok, I am looking forward to Waiting For The End and Burning In The Skies, I think both tracks sound really cool and could possibly be great tracks that I will repeat over and over again... I already like Wretches and Kings, definetly a song and sound I have never heard before, do I wish there was more Chester and screaming on that song...Sure, I think it would been a even more badass song... The Catalyst is growing on me.

I am looking forward to the whole album experience, that is what I am looking forward to the most... Thats the direction I love the band is going, I just wish as a FAN there was more heavier sounding songs

19. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

I didn't notice it on my first listen, but one thing i really like about wretches and kings that you can hear in the clip is the crazy chester scream in the background of the pre-chorus. I think it sounds pretty cool in the background like that. That's one thing i'm not sure how they could do live without pre-recording it. They have used pre-recorded instruments in the past though (all the backward stuff i.e. Points of Authority near the end of the main song on RTR or SIB), but those are physically impossible to play live on a guitar. I can't think of a song they have used pre-recorded vocals on though. Chester may need a pedalboard controller for vocal effects like brad has for his guitar.

20. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

ok just a random thought..i believe the title of Robot Boy is like a working title...a permanent one and they dont say the song name in the song...for example: "Figure.09" off Meteora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.