A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Everytime I hear the clip for When They Come For Me, the beat makes me think of Donkey Kong Country...

2. rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it is too. On mike's blog a long time ago he mentioned a "Robot Boy" song when he was describing the writing process. He mentioned that they were all working titles at that point.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/06/05/how-we-write/

So that title is over a year old.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This has already been established.

4. Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

Im liking most of them so far. Cant wait!

5. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

ok? i didnt know that..and thanks rcm034

6. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahah yes! lol at that, and lol at Super Mario in Blackout!

OMGZ, Linkin Park haz goneee Nintendo Metal!

7. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

Does nobody remember the reviews saying the ending of Blackout is a weird selection. Like an electro pop kinda thing going on and sounds totally different from the song? Just wait for the cd to come out! :) I think it'll be great!

8. Xodus112

Xodus112 Well-Known Member

Just because we liked Linkin Park for certain reasons 10 years ago doesn't mean I want them to do the same thing. My musical tastes have shifted a lot since I first listened to HT.

9. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Ive been paying attention to all the reviews from all the listening sessions, and i did not expect it to sound like this. Cant wait to hear the whole thing

10. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Some of these are really addictive. This album could be anywhere from amazing to mediocre though. So much is going on and so much can happen in the rest of the songs. I'm excited!

11. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Robot Boy is weird. I was thinking it more of like Wretches and Kings but more deep and dark hip hop. *sigh*

Oh, well seems ATS would be a soft rock album. Excited for Blackout though! :)

12. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Robot Boy was definitely something I was surprised of, but in a great way.

13. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This. 10 years ago N'sync and Brittney Spears were dominating the charts. THINGS CHANGE

14. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I was expecting something to fucking blow my mind away, something "genre-busting", but i feel like i have heard all these songs before except "the catalyst, and W&K" everything else i just here old music with LP change on it. Nothing new. Hope the whole songs prove me different

15. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

You do realize Mike Shinoda took back that genre-busting statement awhile ago right?

16. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

This is beautiful I love music and have listened to every decade every genre because its all relevant and these previews prove LP did what few try not really since the beatles which is be un defined people can say too much pop or too little guitar but none of that matters evolution is what matters meaningfull lyrics and actual messages and themes to think about i was a lot younger when I first heard HT and METEORA and an adult just barely for MTM all great but as a composer and "the glue" mike deserves credit his talent shines so bright had no idea so much diversity could blend on one album and the melodies like "robot boy" and "waiting for the end" njust instantly powerful and beautiful tracks that will be looked at and listened to a million times Im so happy I live in this present to experience such growth from arguably the most innovative band of their generation and perhaps the next sept 2010 will be so special and even better they can back it up live all of the old talent still shines mike is such a beast of an emcee and same goes for the whole band it is truly a gift for not only fans of LP past or present and future but for music a perfect example of just how much phenomenal music is left to be made by LP this decade lets hope 3 more records before 2020

17. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

lol yes i know, but still they way they made it out to be, like the interviewers who said it was mind blowing and shit like that. And how they said they were trying to create sounds people have never heard(which ive heard like all these before) If this album doesnt prove me wrong(which im hoping it will) then ill be disappointed. Ill still like the album I know that I kinda like the clips but im just saying I expected a lot more from the way it was out to be

18. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

and like all older fans Im also so stoked their snever before heard demos pre HT coming in the way of LPUX plus a meteora one since they recorded so many for that album as lots of interviews with the band state and hopefully even though this album was more focused one or to b-sides from ATS in the next year or two

19. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Speaking commercially this thing wont be multi-platinum

20. Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

So anyone have a guess when it will leak?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.