A Thousand Suns International

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ToddWilliamson, Sep 18, 2010.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

So, I'm from New Zealand, Aotearoa, Land of the Long White Cloud or whatever.
    I've been hearing about the success of A Thousand Suns in America on MTV, on Billboard etc. but what's happening with A Thousand Suns in your part of the world?
    Is there much promotion or radioplay? Has A Thousand Suns even reached the top ten album charts yet?

In New Zealand, A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Edition) is sitting at #1 on the iTunes Album Charts for the third or fourth day in a row, The Catalyst has debuted at #39 in the RIANZ Singles Charts and the RIANZ Album Charts has yet to be updated since the release of A Thousand Suns. I have been told of radio advertisements and posters in town but haven't witnessed any myself. I did visit a CD store and asked about posters there and the guy behind the counter gave me one of these for free:
    P1030774.jpg
    I'm guessing these are the promotional posters from around town.

Let's here about the ATS hype where you're from . . .

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

As far as I know Linkin Park have remained top of the iTunes chart here. They actually had the standard version of A Thousand Suns up top for the first day or two and then it was replaced with the deluxe version, the standard version is now 16th while the deluxe edition remains in 1st place. I haven't seen any posters around, nor any new t-shirts and because I don't listen to the radio much I have only heard The Catalyst twice.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

^What Hawk said, except I'll talk about it locally for me.

Well here in Vegas, there is a HUGE supply of new Linkin Park merchandise at Hot Topic, A Thousand Suns sky-rocketed to #1 already in most music stores and iTunes, and not to mention word of mouth for ATS spread across my school (partial credit goes to me nonetheless, it's juniors and seniors suddenly interested xD) and now Linkin Park is becoming a huge topic around town. So far, almost ALL of my friends (my girlfriend and one of my friends Wesley are the exceptions) love it and are very surprised by the new change LP went with. And even though I'm taking a wild guess here, Club Tattoo at Planet Hollywood is gonna be PACKED eventually when LP roll around for their tour.

So basically, I just talked about most cities in America. :D

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

Currently at 3 on itunes here in the UK :( I really wanted them to be number 1 but the generic crap seems to be beating them! Promotion seems decent though. HMV stores here are advertising it loads, the outside of the one i work next to has massive displays in the window outisde, displays inside, and they play the album (clean version) every few hours :)

ToddWilliamson

One of the local radio stations, The Edge, premiered Waiting for the End today and played a snippet from an interview with Rob that must have happened last week where he said he thinks that Linkin Park will 'almost definitely' be playing in New Zealand but to keep an eye out on the website.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

#1 on iTunes, however Maroon 5 will knock them down.

Hot Topic has some shirts, I bought one today, and I THINK FYE may have some posters, I'm going there tomorrow or later this week. However, the only other thing I've seen are signs outside of stores (Best Buy, FYE, Hot Topic) :/

ToddWilliamson

I was watching Family Guy on C4 (a New Zealand music channel) and an advert for A Thousand Suns came on. It was similar to the one shown on the Warner Music NZ facebook.

EDIT: A Thousand Suns debuted at No 1 in the RIANZ (New Zealand) Album Charts
    The Catalyst moved up 12 places to No 27 in the RIANZ Single Charts.
    After spending a few days at No 1 in the iTunes charts, A Thousand Suns has been bumped down.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010