A Thousand Suns is going to leak

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by xxspuckxsorrisxx, Aug 23, 2010.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

The only reason I'm driving somewhere else is because my whole family will be here and asleep by the time I get home. I don't want to listen to it through headphones, and my car has a pretty good stereo system. So I want to be able to absolutely blast it with nobody else around.

Can't really think of a better way to do it. lol

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Shouldn't the people who pre ordered the album receive it on September 13th?

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the only reference to that we have is the LP website which says "on or around the 14th" for those who pre-ordered.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

"On or before" actually. But after the whole thing with The Catalyst, don't get your hopes up for the "before."

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

lol when was the last time you checked it? That's what it used to say, but not anymore.

Brandon

Oh. Well at least they're being honest now. XD

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

If it releases in Japan on September 8th, then odds are, we can expect a leak by this weekend.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's being released in Japan on the 15th September now.

Brandon

Yeah. I wonder why they did that.

I still think we have it by this weekend though. Australia gets it 9/10 which is only 2 days off the old Japan release. I'm gonna make my friends listen to it for me.

adaminator1

adaminator1 Banned

I Freaking hope we have it by the weekend. It. Is. Going. To. Freaking. Rule.

KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

I'm also going to try and avoid leaks.

My plan is get my pre-ordered copy on the 10th of Sep, put it on my ipod, lock my door (which i'm sure will seem suss) and listen to it in it's entirety multiple times.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

I don't get the idea of listening to everything post-2000. It's not like your ears are going to get accustomed to the genre/style of music no? So many of their albums are vastly different from each other! And ATS is going to be something totally different as well.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What?

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

@Blackout
    what if its not at your house yet.
    I wouldnt go that extreme.

What do you guys think about A Thousand Suns the Full Experience? Will it be on the preorder?

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

WHAT XERO SAID!

Cause after what went down yesterday, everyone should be praying the album comes out on the 14th and that Mike doesn't send out snippets on the 15th. LOL

I just want to cover the situation with the tickets thing really quick since some of you know my story and some don't. It came fast, ugly, and will probably go down as pretty much the biggest Linkin Park concert related boo boo in history. I had been checking for emails the previous day before, pretty much all day, checking forums and the chat for anything. The only email I received was from Ticketmaster themselves stating that tickets would be on sale at 10 AM for the General Public with no mention of LPU and ATS preorderees. By 9 PM that night I decided just to go to sleep and get up at 7 AM just to be on the safe side. When I got up I opened three tabs in a window, 1.) My email 2.) Linkin Park.com's chat and 3.) Ticketmaster.com's page for the show. Well I got no email and I checked the chat to see if anyone else was going.

I got in touch with about three-five other members from my area that were going which all said the same, no email, no password. Supposedly it was 10 AM LPU members first, then about 3 PM ATS pre-orders, then the general public. 10 AM came and the tickets were now on sale but SUPRISE, LPU code needed. Right about then quite a few people where freaking out in the chat or on the forums/post about the shows as to why it was up and nobody got an email. I kept my three windows open and watched the chat when about 10:15 a random member popped in and out (I really wish I had remembered the name >.<) and wrote " LPUX2010 works !!!!!!!!!!!!" JUST like that and everyone was like what? Then it dawned on me that it was the password and was obviously generic, I put it in and it worked, I got my tix. (I and a few others felt it was going to be a random generated code sent out to everyone.)

It was rediclous, I had my dad watching the whole thing and he couldn't believe it. If you haven't seen stub hub, scalpers are now selling tix between $130-1500, yeah some GUY wants $450 for 1 ticket and quite a few people are sending emails to Topspin and looking into getting a refund for LPUX. Somehow I don't think that's going to work out to well now that 'Pretend to Be' is in their mailbox. LOL

--RS

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It'll come with an iTunes purchase of some variety. I think it's a great idea and I want it ...

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

i dont see why you people are asking for people to listen to it for you! Just Listen to it!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

At the very least I'll have an email with MP3 downloads of the songs. If worst comes to worst, I'll use those on September 14th. One way or another, I WILL hear the album that night.

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

One thing I don't understand about people who also want ATS The Full Experience: couldn't you get the same experience by, you know, just listening to the album without skipping any songs? Unless there's something I'm missing that is extra in it.

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

Japan: 9th september
    Germany 10th september

enough said.