A Thousand Suns Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elcirith

Elcirith Active Member

Yeah, im really excited about the documentary, but i gotta wait till next month for them to deliver my deluxe fan edition...

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Thats pretty much why I ordered both the Special Edition and the Deluxe Fan Edition. So I can have the CD version of the album with the documentary this month, and then have all the extra goodies next month with the Deluxe Fan Edition.

3. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

NOT ON MY WATCH, MOTHAFUCKA.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Okay, after several listens of this album I feel it's safe for me to finally give an honest opinion about the record and how I feel it stacks up to their previous efforts, as well as my general impressions on the album as a whole. While many of you on here were very curious about what I thought after listening to the record, I felt it'd be fair to give the CD a few listens before officially passing judgment, for the sake of being as unbiased and non-partial as possible.

After roughly 5-6 listens, I feel content in calling this album a masterpiece and the band's best work to date, because it is. It's better than Hybrid Theory, and there will be a lot of people who disagree with me there, but I have my reasons for saying that.

While Hybrid Theory is a classic and will forever be a classic (due to the fact that every song was single-worthy), this album is just perfect in every definition of the word. I don't say that about a lot of records, and I'll be honest and say that I had many doubts before hearing this record, but I think this is the album that will put Linkin Park in the same ranks and significance as Nine Inch Nails and Alice In Chains. This is the record that will make the band be respected in the music world, and not just thought of as a hit making machine that is there to appeal to teenagers and the mass population.

This is their "fuck you" record.

Every great band in history had a "fuck you" record. A record where the band went "fuck you" to the label/mainstream media and made the music they wanted to make, despite it sounding nothing like anything else on the radio at that time and being a complete and total risk. The Beatles did it, and so did Radiohead and Nine Inch Nails. With Radiohead it was "Kid A", with Nine Inch Nails it was "The Downward Spiral" and with Linkin Park it is "A Thousand Suns".

There is a heart, and a soul, and a personality in this album that didn't exist in any releases after Hybrid Theory. Buried deep within the record is the sound of a band that has quit caring what the radio stations think, and have instead been born again as a completely different band. It should be important to state that not everyone is going to like this album. There will be a percentage of people who won't understand this album, or dislike it due to the vast change. Many people will wonder why Linkin Park decided to take such an abrupt turn/creative risk at this point in their career...but in the end, this album is significant for one reason.

This is the rebirth of Linkin Park. A Thousand Suns marks a return to form for a band that has lost their way since Reanimation, but have now found their identity over the course of the album's 47 minute runtime. Nearly every track is pure perfection, and the only slight against this record comes in the form of track 10 ("Wretches And Kings") a song that while instrumentally powerful, sounds too much like what we've heard from the band before and doesn't seem to really fit in with the rest of the record. It's a good track, but given the album's overall industrial/electronic/experimental feel...Wretches could've been better being more daring or left as a b-side.

Still 14 good tracks out of 15 is not bad. Good job Linkin Park!

Standout Tracks:
    Blackout, Burning In The Skies, Iridescent, Waiting For The End, When They Come For Me
    Recommended for fans of: Industrial, Glitch, Electronica, Muse and Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles, U2, 30 Seconds To Mars

Final Score: 9/10

5. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

It's so beautiful Derek. I could just cry. :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  6. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, Derek, amen to that. :)

[​IMG]

7. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

great review derek, only negative thing: if you wouldnt have an animated gif of an horseface, that wont distract me every time I read the next line , it would have been better :)

8. Ant

Ant Ambient

Derek, you forgot to mention the most influential "fuck you" record of all time: BREAKOUT BY MILEY CYRUS. I will never forgive you for this glaring omission.

9. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have woerded my own thoughts of the album as well as that, totally spot on.

10. Elcirith

Elcirith Active Member

Brilliant review, i almost cried reading it

11. Flooder

Flooder Active Member

Wow. Great review. Only few more days to get the album. :cool:

12. Freddie92

Freddie92 Member

Seriuosly!!!! Iridescent is such a BEAUTIFUL song!!, my absolute favorite of all time!!!!

13. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Your words are magic and speaks the truth Derek. Best review yet.

14. AndydLP

AndydLP Well-Known Member

I really do hope this album grows on me after many many more listens. I'm open to letting it grow on me!

But unfortunately, as of writing this, ATS has turned Linkin Park into crumpled up paper!

15. PirateMuffinDaniel

PirateMuffinDaniel Active Member

Ah, it seems the leak truly was inevitable. I've refrained myself from listening to the entire album although I have heard the tracks LP has released publicly.
    Waiting for the End: My favorite so far, Chester's chorus is beautiful.
    Blackout: Really good although I'm sure most of us can agree the insane vocals didn't match the music. Still, All aspects of the song are incredible even the glitch-like sounds and breakdown
    Wretches & Kings: Insane electro-metal music with very different reggae-like vocals from both Mike and Chester. Awesome although I feel it actually belongs on ATS instead of Meteora. I mean, it's still really different.
    The Catalyst: My favorite lyrics from LP. Dual harmonies were spectacular and I really liked the synth-solo.
    My only slight disappointment is that I'm aware there really is no "guitar-solo" on the album. I was hoping Brad would challenge me after I got the "In Pieces" solo down myself. Although, the synth-solo in TC was awesome.
    Also, I'm not sure if this news is late but iTunes has The Catalyst video up for download now. I've been waiting for it because I sent my girlfriend my code for TC that LP sent me for pre-ordering ATS.

16. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Derek stole my mind! It's all okay cause I got more to say.

What does this album have?
    Amazing interludes that we'd thought would be "filler", yet they are outstanding and bring birth to the following track? Check.
    A true artists hard earned work of emotion and originality? Check.
    Super lyrics that fit like puzzle pieces into the actual song structure: Perfectly crafted, and a work of art? Check.
    Vocals that blow your mind away? Check.

This is definitely Linkin Park's rebirth. The "true" Linkin Park. And it's their best "Motha-fucking" album to date. With inspiring, and overpowering lyrics that only can be described as the planet perfectly sculpted, inhabiting life, nature, emotion, love. This albums has it all. Just as you feel the song may repeat lyrics and start to "feel predictable", it shifts off into a verbal and musical trance that is truly two words: Musical Ecstasy. Mike's singing has gotten a lot better, the lines between Chester and Mike shift off perfectly and mash up incredibly well, there's singing in the hip hop songs that are perfectly crafted and go off into a musical euphoria. This album is truly the best album I have ever heard. Sure I've heard "better beats" but that doesn't beat this albums "originality, and the definition of a musical artist". It's here, the emotion is wild, the songs are powerful each having their own story to tell and shift off into ambience and lead into the next track. My best friend described it as entertaining as a "blockbuster movie". I asked him, "How would you compare it to a blockbuster movie?" "Well it's just pure insanity, it's pure epic, and the final track "The Messenger" goes off into an acoustic and is a pure classic, and it's Linkin Park's sunset ending to a movie."

The songs structures are ALL original, I haven't heard anything like it. I enjoyed ALL of the album. Once the first two interludes fade off; Burning in the Skies hit my spine with chills that started from the top and went down into my lower back. Mike and Chester singing their duets, Linkin Park style, and it is what any Linkin Park and artist appreciation would die to hear. I have one comment for the people not liking this album and who are judging it and "comparing it to the other albums". Grow up. You truly do not appreciate music, and if you don't like it musically, that is fine, but if you don't like it as a "Whole" and aren't listening to the tracks in order, your not going to get the experience. Just sayin, and I think US people who have listened to the album and appreciated it can FULLY agree. Then we have lyrics in songs that go off and hit you into "lyricphoria" with instant classics like Waiting For The End "Flying at the speed of light Thoughts we're spinning in my head so many things were left unsaid, It's hard to let you go...". One that caught me from The Messenger: "Listen to your heart those angel voices, they'll sing to you, they'll be your guide back back home" "This melody will bring you right back home".

Another beautiful one was from Iridescent "And in a burst of light that blinded every angel as if the sky had blown the heavens into stars You felt the gravity of tempered grace, falling into empty space, no one there to catch you in their arms."

This album is very poetic and very lyrically diverse. It's a true Masterpiece. The songs are beautiful crafted poems fitted into the songs ambient/rock beats perfectly. If you thought Minutes To Midnight was bad and were waiting for something to blow you out of this world, A Thousand Suns is this album. Please go buy it the day it releases if you haven't pre-ordered. Hope you all enjoyed my review.

My final verdict:
    Completely original and diverse, A Thousand Suns started a new genre of it's own kind, that is unexplainable. The songs are beautifully layered, and are a true work of art. The interludes that follow into the songs are beautifully crafted to blend into it's euphoric state and blend into the next song. There was not one interlude I did not like, they were very fitting to the album. The songs, well, you'll just have to see for yourselves if you haven't already heard. This album is going to change my life and my perspective on things, and is definitely going to help me through hard times in the next 3 years. Thank you Linkin Park for producing such a fucking perfect album. I love you guys. Now this is true entertainment at it's finest luxury. It is an indescribable ecstasy for your ears.

Score: 9.4/10

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  17. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I have a request for everyone here.

Take this video. On to the Next One by Jay-Z. The most amazing rap video ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM1RChZk1EU

Now, pause it at the beginning. Mute it.

Start playing Wretches & Kings.
    RIGHT when the speech stops and the riff starts, press play, and watch.

Shit bricks.

18. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Derek, your review is pretty fucking accurate. Just sayin'.

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I know not everyone liked this CD, but for me it affected me greatly.

20. dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

At first I was like yeah right...ok.....

Then i started shitting bricks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.