A Thousand Suns Tracklist

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

HT - OSC, ITE, Crawling
    Meteora - SIB, LFY, Faint, BTH, Numb
    MTM - Given Up, LOATR, BIO, SOTD, WID
    New Divide
    ATS - The Catalyst + 6 songs

That would be a 21 song setlist with nothing but singles from old albums and a lot from ATS. Plus they have sort of back-up singles in Papercut, Points Of Authority, and From The Inside.

I don't know what LP plans to do, but if they wanted to, their setlist could be a complete single-fest, and it wouldn't make the set length unrealistic.

2. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

For some odd reason when I think of the title "Robot Boy" I think of "I, Robot" with Will Smith in it.

3. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ LMAO at your signature. :lol:

Hey, slightly off topic, but if the Catalyst topic ends today, then when is the winner announced?

4. LpShreds

LpShreds Member

I was wondering the same thing, Do you know how the winner is chosen, is it going to be 1st place, or just one that the band chooses in the top mixes and such?

5. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I really hope their new sets don't consist simply of "hit" singles + 6 songs from ATS. With LP appearing to be taking more risks and being "ballsy", if you will, playing just the hits is the opposite of that.

Depending on what the stage show (lighting/pyro/visuals) will be like the setlist could be a bit more locked in with less variation than the MTM tour.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The rules state that "voting is for entertainment purposes only" so that means the winner is not based on votes, but who the band deems to be the best remix. So although the top 10 remixes are good, there's no guarantee that the winner will come from there.

7. ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

LP decides. I think we just vote so they would find the good ones quicker.

8. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I don't think we'll have a problem with the live sets. Look at Hands Held High. Mike himself said that the song just didn't work live, but one day he said fuck it and just it a Capella to see what happened. Ballsy move right there.

Another ballsy move? His hair style. Yet, he's fucking rocking it hardcore. Seriously though, have a little faith.

9. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

At least play with you or easier to run or forgotten. The rest from the HT/Meteora era I can do without. Also bring back Valentines Day. I fucking love when they play that live.

10. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Mmmm...Valentine's Day...

11. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Valentine's Day is not particularly good... in my opinion of course.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The last LP show to date (epicenter 09) was 22 songs long. But, it will be interesting to see if 22 is their max or if they venture into 24-25 due to the new music.

In the show I went to during the M2M tour, they played 8 songs (7 not including Wake) from M2M. ATS is 15 songs so it would be weird for them to only play 7 songs looking at LP's past setlist history. I'll say it again. I REALLY hope they only play 3-4 M2M songs in order to make more room for HT/Meteora non singles. I love M2M but those 2 albums are their best IMO. At the very least, I hope they cut GU so Chester doesn't have to waste his screaming on a WHOLE song. Also that song is only average to me.
    LP will drop Crawling before they drop OSC. Do you think it's possible that LP just plays ITE from HT? I suppose it's possible but it would be sad IMO.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  13. TOVhumanoid

TOVhumanoid Well-Known Member

It'll sound a little weird to hear some of their older songs next to their new ones, but I think it'll work. Right now, it sounds like it will be too abrupt to go from HT to ATS, but it will just work because they're LP songs anyway. Yes, I know how that sounds, but I think it'll just flow naturally because of LP's stage presence. Linkin Park know what to do with their songs and setlists, so we shouldn't worry.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Yeah. Unless if they play 30 songs, which is absurd, we're always going to say, "why didn't they play such and such???". It's just what happens when bands get more songs! As long as ATS doesn't turn out to be suckish (it won't), these shows will be amazing. If ATS turns out to be their best yet, then maybe we won't even care about the other songs!

15. Vic

Vic No game no life

I don't think that they will remove OSC. Chester said in an interview that OSC was the king of the crowd.

16. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I have lots of faith in Linkin Park's risky direction, but I still think their concerts are still gonna be single-fests...but that's just a prediction. It's always been my least favorite part about the band. I really hope they step up to the plate and play the songs they want to play, and not the ones they're expected to play.

17. Vic

Vic No game no life

Hey guys this is completely out of topic but... I just noticed that my Linkin Park T-shirt says "Linkin Park Association" funny isn't?

18. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

if it could, it would be my favorite album of all time

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Does it have the guys sitting together and it's blue colored? If so, that's Omar's old wallpaper from 2003..it's been stolen for bootleg merchandise and other things more than I can count. :lol:

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

If it is we want pics. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.