A weary draft.

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Theazninvasion68, Mar 20, 2009.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

The streets were empty except one street light, flickering along the cookie-cut houses. There stood a man who lit up a cigarette, opposite of the side the street light stood erect on. "Ah..Quite the cool quiet night." Thought the man, as he smoked his cigarette alone. The man was wearing a a black trench coat unbuttoned , with a black diamond vest buttoned. Beneath the vest, bore a white shirt and a silk deep purple.

The red glow of the cigarette stench saturated it's deathly aroma around, the once humid air to a dry filled puff. Amongst the man, stood houses, darkened and still. As if to be frozen, locked in time without life, without people, the windows were missing in all the houses.

The man sighed, looking down the street and soaked in the emptiness of the world. "Where had all the color gone?" He thought.

Color around the street was but a dull, inactive color. So much of the little color he saw, that when there was, it was but a faded and bland color. As the last of his Cigarette burnt, He dropped it and smothered it with His brown leather shoes, ending the once furious life the red glow had to dying embers.

"I bet these embers could make infernos." The man said out loud quietly to himself, letting the last of it's life turn to black. He took out another cigarette and lit it up. The fiery red glow came to life, vibrantly red as it was before, the lighter was the only other light aside the street light, that was flickering a golden yellow, as if to die at any moment to finally dim the surrounding darkness to a overwhelming shadow.

The man looked up as he smoked his cigarette. "New moon. Hmm..." He thought, as the little stars glimmered erratically but sanely and still. The man looked back down and pulled a note out of his pocket. It was yellow and neatly folded. Written inside was His friend : "Tommy, my good friend. I have recently been released out of the hospital. Please do visit with haste as I have much to say or do, and this paper will not permit. - Jim"

"Jim..." The man thought, as he started to walk down the road to Jim's house. It was the last place Tommy wanted to be. He knew Jim got out of the Insane asylum, and was a chronic drug abuser. But they had been best friends since they were in kindergarden, He couldn't let a friend like Jim down, not after what they've been through in Life.

As Tommy walked further down the road, he noticed a house with a dry patch of Grass, and the house was abandoned, boarded up at the door. There wasn't any windows at all. He had always wonder why there wasn't any windows on any house, but he quickly tossed the thought.

Tommy arrived at Jim's house. He walked up the stairs on the porch and rang the doorbell. No one answered and He rang once more. Still, none opened the door, nor a voice came. For the last time, Tommy rang the doorbell and a voice shouted out, seemingly a shriek with a course tone. "Come in Tommy, door's..Door's unlocked!"

Tommy twisted the doorknob and pushed the heavy wooden door open and stepped in.

C&C welcomed :) I just had an urge to write so i did. Thanks for reading.