Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

So if a woman is violentley raped, she should be stuck with the child? Thats BS. Pregnancy isnt an easy thing, common sense will tell you that. and IMO, theres no reason a woman should have to put up with the pain and hassle of pregnancy and labor and foot the hospital bills when she didnt even want to have sex in the first place. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you but.. now in days rapes probably not the biggest reason women turn to abortion.

Young girls are becoming pregnant everyday because of careless un-protected sex. They choose abortion because they don't want anyone to find out they are pregnant (like their parents or boyfriend). Or maybe they think they wont be able to support the child... that's why their is a such thing as ADOPTION.

Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

Dave, is the founder of Wendy's, and was adopted.l Where I live, there's a bunch of billboards that say Adoption Works, and have a picture of Dave and stuff. As for what Todd said, I never said she should be stuck with the child, I said put it up for adoption. Of course, I don't have much experience in the pain of carrying a child (you could say none, but I have heard stories) but, I mean, would you rather slay a kid or take some pain and give it to someone else that it may see this world?

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

Oh that's who you mean. I never knew he was adopted.
    See people.. if the biological mother of Dave chose to abort him instead of give him up for adoption there would be no Wendy's. (NO! :'( )

Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

Oh that's who you mean. I never knew he was adopted.
    See people.. if the biological mother of Dave chose to abort him instead of give him up for adoption there would be no Wendy's. (NO! :'( ) [/b][/quote]
    Lol, that's one way to look at it.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

i wouldnt miss it :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Hey, look at that, we're in agreement ^_^ . But even then, the majority of the people having abortions are just irresponsible. The maybe 2% of women having abortions that have been raped should deserve at least the option. It's murder either way to me, but it's more justified by a rape victim.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

So if a woman is violentley raped, she should be stuck with the child? Thats BS. Pregnancy isnt an easy thing, common sense will tell you that. and IMO, theres no reason a woman should have to put up with the pain and hassle of pregnancy and labor and foot the hospital bills when she didnt even want to have sex in the first place. [/b][/quote]
    I totally agree with Todd.

I dont think the government should decide whether a woman should have a child, even if the sex was consentual. Obviously the woman dosent feel she is ready to have a child. We dont need any more children with "unprepared" parents or children put up for adoption.

EDIT: Abortion is not killing anything, you're just aborting the process of developing a human. You cannot kill something that has not been born.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I totally agree with Todd.

I dont think the government should decide whether a woman should have a child, even if the sex was consentual. Obviously the woman dosent feel she is ready to have a child. We dont need any more children with "unprepared" parents or children put up for adoption.

EDIT: Abortion is not killing anything, you're just aborting the process of developing a human. You cannot kill something that has not been born. [/b][/quote]
    Oh great, now you're going to start the "fetus: alive or not" feud.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

But.. WHAT IF its you that made the baby. You should take the responsibility too, to raise the child. And that destroys almost your school. Or you can just leave her :lol:

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

I think abortion is wrong. But I guess it is the womans choice - it's her body. But she should take the responsibility of having the child. If she knew there was a posibilty of getting pregnant then she should have never had unprotected sex in the first place.

If the women chooses abortion because of rape, well then that's another story.

There are two sides to this and most of the time it's not because of rape.

JoJaDaWg

JoJaDaWg Active Member

I disagree, even if a woman is raped, i still thing that they should go through with the pregnancy, there are so many adoption agencies out there.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I'm a male. I've never had a baby and I never will have a baby for obvious reasons so I can't talk from experience. However, its obvious that a full 9 month pregnancy is no walk in the park. Even before labor, its painful and the actual labor is even worse. The woman already suffered enough pain when she got raped and shouldn't have to suffer any more by having the baby.

And adoption isn't the best thing either. If abortion is made completely illegal, so many kids will be available for adoption that no one will want them, so they'll be living in orphanages with a ton of other kids....what kind of life is that for the child?

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I support abortions for all. There's often very serious side effects of abortion that affect women for the rest of their life. Some even serious enough to make her never be able to give birth again. So if the woman wants to risk that, it should be her choice.

Also, if someone is even considering abortion, that means they don't want responsibility for the child. I'd rather have unborn children killed than thousands of children living screwed up lives where they get no real love and therefore will go around looking for anything to fill that hole (prostitution, rape, drugs, etc.)

A fetus is not the same as an embryo, which is not the same as a zygote. I don't believe aborting a fetus is the same thing as aborting an embryo or zygote. Some people argue that life begins at conception, but when a "child" is conceived, it's nothing more than a fertilized egg. If a woman wants to abort that, I don't see the problem. Once the cells start developing organs and turn into a fetus with visible body parts, then that's a different story.

If all human beings can come to the agreement that there is nothing morally wrong with terminating a pregnancy at an early stage, then women wouldn't have to be scared and delay the abortion until it's too late when the cells are no longer just cells, but a fully developed fetus with arms and legs. A question for everybody: Which is better - aborting a group of cells 2 days after conception or aborting a fetus that's 20 weeks old?

THIS IS MY PROPOSED "LAW" THAT WILL MAKE ALL WOMEN, MEN (AND FETUSES) HAPPIER PEOPLE: ALL women, whether they've been raped or is just suffering an unwanted pregnancy, are allowed to have an abortion, but ONLY if they have it done in the month after conception.

After that, it's every potentially pregnant woman's responsibility to check whether they really are pregnant or not. All women who have had unprotected sex (or even protected sex) can buy a kit from the chemist to check, and if they ARE pregnant and they don't want to keep the baby, they can get an abortion right away. In doing that, they will only be "killing" a group of cells and no serious harm is done. After all, if it's okay to use cells in stem cell research, why isn't it okay to have an abortion when the "baby" is just cells?

(Notice how I haven't used any religious argument to back me up. IMO, religion clouds people's judgement and sometimes hinders reason and logic. What I'm saying is completely my opinion.)

Have you any idea how painful it is to give birth to a child? The labor, the contractions, the water breaking...it's like having stomach cramps whilst menstruating only they're 100 TIMES WORSE!! I've had those cramps, thank God I don't need medication for them and I'll tell you they're nothing pleasant.

Do you realize how much nutrition is taken from the mother whilst the baby is in the womb? Can you imagine how sh*tty life would be if you have to carry around a baby in your stomach, throw up every now and then (vomiting is nothing uncommon to pregnant woman) and having unnecessary arrangements such as prenatal scans? Everytime a woman gives birth, her body is stretched beyond repair. Women also tend to put on weight a lot faster after a pregnancy.

Besides, it's bad for the child. The mother will probably be so pissed she got raped that she'll start binge drinking, or maybe she's a smoker already or whatever, and these are very damaging to the baby. I take it that you're male, because you don't sound like you have the slightest understanding of what being pregnant even begins to feel like. And if you're a girl, you sound like a female version of John Ashcroft.

Why should the woman have to suffer when it's not her fault? You might say, "well it's not the baby's fault he's conceived" blah blah, etc. and I say that's bullsh*t. If the abortion is carried out in a few days, it won't be a baby you're killing. Just a zygote. Anyway, refer to my "cells" argument above, and please think about the consequences of a pregnancy before you speak.

Sorry if that sounded extreme or whatever but I'm a girl and if I ever get raped (God forbid), YOU CAN DAMN WELL BET I'M GONNA GET A F*CKING ABORTION. Hell, I don't even want to father the child of the man I love, let alone some heartless illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents who wants to corner girls in alleways. I don't ever want children and I'd rather swallow a thousand knives before I bear the child of a rapist.

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

I strongly believe that abortion is completely wrong, it's reckless murder and you should take responsibilty for it. And not many abortions are related to rape.

But then again there are a small percentage that are a result of rape and I don't like people trying to force their morals, religion or ethics upon others. Even if I don't believe in it, I can't justify the government for taking away peoples rights. I think if you know a women who's thinking about abortion you should try to convince them not too but when it comes down to it, it's their choice and you should accept and respect that.

Going through with an abortion would be difficult and put a huge emotional toll on the person so in a way they have already suffered and should be left alone and not lectured.

Sorry, if that made no sense...

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

All I'm gonna say is my mom was raped and she didn't have an abortion. And I have a sister because of that. She's 12 now and I can't Imagine my life without her.

You know, I think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even George W Bush. What I hate is a group of people (the government) forcing their (religiously zealous) beliefs on others. That's one of the many reasons why I dislike Bush. What do the words "separation of church and skate" mean to ANYBODY?! :angry:

Each to their own. If a rape victim wants to keep her child, fine. But if she wants an abortion, NO ONE has the right to tell her she shouldn't.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

On my mind 'religiously zealous beliefs' has nothing to do with it. Point blank - it's the womens fought for having unprotected sex and she should live up to her responsibilities. It's wrong to end a life just because you made a mistake. (I'm not talking about women that were raped.)

You're right, no one has the right to tell anyone what to do. But I think the point in him saying that was to make you think of all the the wonderful people who could have lived in this world if they wern't aborted. If his mom had chose abortion he wouldn't have sister.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

But you need to realize the background of people who consider abortions. A child of a parent who has even considered abortion will often live a f*cked up life. Sorry if I'm making a huge generalization. But all I'm saying is that if that's the case, it's probably better off for society in the long run to allow abortions, even if its immoral.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

My personal opinion is that abortions are okay, as long as they are not being used as a form of birth control.