Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So do you expect everyone to inspect every condom they use for 10 hours before using it?

[edit]
    What I mean is, you can't hold someone responsible if a condom breaks. No matter how careful or responsible someone is, if a condom breaks, they have no control over it. At least they were taking the precautions.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

So do you expect everyone to inspect every condom they use for 10 hours before using it?

[edit]
    What I mean is, you can't hold someone responsible if a condom breaks. No matter how careful or responsible someone is, if a condom breaks, they have no control over it. At least they were taking the precautions. [/b][/quote]
    i think what fiona means is that if you have sex you should know about the consequences. and yes, it can happen that your condom breaks or something like that, but you made your decision and you took the risk. unless of course you were forced to do that.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

i think what fiona means is that if you have sex you should know about the consequences. and yes, it can happen that your condom breaks or something like that, but you made your decision and you took the risk. unless of course you were forced to do that. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

The LP Junkie

The LP Junkie Member

i just read back through the posts, and i agree with the person who said that.
    I think that no matter what the circumstances, it is upto the mother to decide whether or not to raise the child. If she wishes to have an abortion then thats her decision, and if she wants to keep it and give it the best life that she can then thats also her decision. who are we to judge on her emotions and her feelings? just because we dont like the way that she acts, that automatically means that she is wrong and is criminal?

i completely hate the way that people use abortion as a method of birth control, but i think you have to look as a whole perspective. if abortion was made illegal, but a woman (who was raped, or had unprotected sex, or whatever) was still desperate not to have a child, surely she would turn to other methods of attempting to get rid of the child, which really doesnt bare thinking about. you're most probably always going to get idiots who view abortion as birth control, but thats just how the system is abused, and is how the cookie crumbles.

is it right to make a woman suffer through 9 months of pregnancy and then living the rest of her life knowing that she had a child that she didnt want? theres still the emotional drain there.

lol well to sum up, i just think abortion should be kept legal...

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

in a way i believe no one has the right to force a woman to give birth to a baby. but i also think people who have sex should face the consequences (except for extreme situations like rape), otherwise the population would decrease a lot.
    haha im trying to sound smart.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

If you're responsible enough to have sex you should be responsible enough to make sure that doesn't happen. If I have sex and don't want to carry around a baby for 9 months, i'll be damn sure I don't get knocked up. How is that for pro choice? Choice to either choose abstinence or be careful. Rape victims- there was no choice, why make the women suffer more? Baby deformities- I can understand some people not being able to take care of a disabled child or a child that may die at birth. Other than that, the pregnancy could've been prevented, the couple should've made the choice to use protection and be careful. [/b][/quote]
    yup i agree! and what's more, a woman would probably get arrested if she performed an abortion on herself (and there are ways to do that) but when a doctor does it, it's all good. whatever. anyone seen dirty dancing? that stuff really does happen. well sure she isn't pregnant anymore, but she's dying from the pain. better to not have abortion at all, in my opinion.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

so then by that logic with consequences and all, lets say someone is driving down the road when someone hits them and they end up getting injured badly. So should the hospital not treat them and force them to live in pain because getting injured is a consquence of driving?

rosanna

so then by that logic with consequences and all, lets say someone is driving down the road when someone hits them and they end up getting injured badly. So should the hospital not treat them and force them to live in pain because getting injured is a consquence of driving? [/b][/quote]
    i think that the hospital should not help someone who deliberately got into an accident. like lets say that someone blew up a building, and they blew an arm off while they were doing so (i dont know if that is possible or not i never attempted to do so). the hospital should stop the bleeding and so on, but the person should not be allowed to get plastic surgery or anything like that, so they will be forced to live with the consequences of their actions for the rest of their lives.
    same when someone has sex and the condom breaks.

Will

so then by that logic with consequences and all, lets say someone is driving down the road when someone hits them and they end up getting injured badly. So should the hospital not treat them and force them to live in pain because getting injured is a consquence of driving? [/b][/quote]
    lol. That was my point.

Todd

no, the accident is someone elses fault. You were just driving and someone hit you. You were wearing a seatbelt, your airbags were in working order, but you still got hurt

Same thing when a condom breaks. You made every effort to make sure she doesnt get pregnant, but if something does happen, you cant help it

rosanna

i understand what you are saying, but you can do other things like double up and use diaphragms and stuff like that.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

That's apples and oranges. Even if you were to make that comparision, don't tell me that if you got hit by an 18 wheeler you didn't see or hear it coming first ;)

Todd

doubleing up increases the chance of the condom breaking because the friction between the 2 causes them to tear.

Will

That's apples and oranges. Even if you were to make that comparision, don't tell me that if you got hit by an 18 wheeler you didn't see or hear it coming first ;) [/b][/quote]
    When I'm on the freeway, unless I have a window down, I cannot hear any traffic outside my vehicle. I also wouldn't check my rearview mirror every five seconds to see if I was about to get ass-reamed, so I wouldn't be able to see it coming up on me if it hit me from behind if I wasn't looking. Also, semis have blind spots. Even if you think you're clear of one, one can cut over and wreck you. Did you see it? Nope. You thought you were clear of it.

Don't assume things. You have a bad habit of doing that.

rosanna

if you are really worried about your protection failing you, then abstain from sex. if not, you need to accept the consequences of your actions. easy as that.

Todd

Thats like telling someone to abstain from breathing because they might accidentally breathe in toxic fumes.

rosanna

Thats like telling someone to abstain from breathing because they might accidentally breathe in toxic fumes. [/b][/quote]
    as much as i hate to admit it, sex is not essential to live.

Todd

as much as i hate to admit it, sex is not essential to live. [/b][/quote]
    Until artificial insemenation is quick, easy and cheap, sex is essential to life

rosanna

sex to reproduce is essential to life, but if you were only having sex to reproduce then you would not need abortion.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

smart. ^_^ i agree.