Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

smart. ^_^ i agree. [/b][/quote]
    lol hahaha thanx!! :D

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Well put again Rosanna. :p

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Damn, good point!

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Ya, I can't believe someone didn't say that earlier.... Your a genious!

rosanna

i try...! :lol: hee hee hee hee i feel so important now! :D

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

well thats not the reason why most people have sex. besides, what about people who never want to have kids? i suppose you want them to be virgins until they die.

oh, and on that population decrease someone mentioned, humans are already overpopulating this world. the more people there are, the more we destroy, pollute, and ruin the earth and other innocent living things.

don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

well thats not the reason why most people have sex. besides, what about people who never want to have kids? i suppose you want them to be virgins until they die.

oh, and on that population decrease someone mentioned, humans are already overpopulating this world. the more people there are, the more we destroy, pollute, and ruin the earth and other innocent living things.[/b][/quote]
    can't choose...both of you put good points forward

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

oh, and on that population decrease someone mentioned, humans are already overpopulating this world. the more people there are, the more we destroy, pollute, and ruin the earth and other innocent living things. [/b][/quote]
    Good point Jila. I agree with you.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

Good point Jila. I agree with you. [/b][/quote]
    but rosanne was just coming back to todd's point about sex being essantial. :D
    im like ros's lawyer :lol: ok ill stop now.
    i still agree with her though.

rosanna

hahaha katie....:D looks like i need a lawyer here.

todd said that sex is essential to life and i said only if you are having sex to reproduce, otherwise it is not. therefore no one needs to have sex unless they are doing it for the sole reason of reproduction. if they are doing it for that reason, they would not need to get an abortion.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Do you really think a woman has to be reminded every single day of her life for nine more months that she was raped? do you think she needs to go in more pain that she already was when she was raped? And if the woman puts the baby in an orphanage, there are chances that later he might want to know his parents and if he finds her mother and she tells him his father was a rapist, what do you think he'll think? Depression will ensue and that could even lead to suicide. So to make a short story the child could either die before knowing his history or either die of depression and shame which would be another ''wasted'' life.

That's it.

(Okay, I know a bit too far with the depression and everything but I was inspired. And I also know that this quote is old, but I just looked at that thread for the first time ever)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

But everyone does it for reasons besides reproduction and that's not going to change. And keeping abortion legal is a lot easier than changing society to only f*ck for reproduction.

Alacrity

But everyone does it for reasons besides reproduction and that's not going to change. And keeping abortion legal is a lot easier than changing society to only f*ck for reproduction. [/b][/quote]
    Bottom line though: Sex is for reproduction. When you choose to have sex for pleasure, deal with the consequences of having it if you're not careful or if an accedent happens.

Also, if you're that worried about a condom breaking, there are other methods of trying to not have a kid ;)

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

Bottom line though: Sex is for reproduction. When you choose to have sex for pleasure, deal with the consequences of having it if you're not careful or if an accedent happens.

Also, if you're that worried about a condom breaking, there are other methods of trying to not have a kid ;) [/b][/quote]
    i.e. - Birth control. 99.9 % effective. It's my life line. Thankee very much.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

yes, but im pretty sure that condoms are most effective unless you're talking about a vasectimy or histerectomy (isnt that what theyre called) which isnt always a good idea if you do want to have kids in the future

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

So you're saying that if someone has an "accident" where they fall off a roof and break their back, they have to just deal with falling off the roof? Wow. Some sympathy you've got.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

So you're saying that if someone has an "accident" where they fall off a roof and break their back, they have to just deal with falling off the roof? Wow. Some sympathy you've got. [/b][/quote]
    huh? whats falling of a roof got to do with anything? i mean i get what you were trying to say, i think.
    this is what i believe in: abortion is wrong no matter what. but in some cases its understandable. in situations like rape. in all the other cases, its like murder. but i think people should be able to decide for themselves (themself? grrr... english grammar).

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I said that as an example of her asinine statement that you should just deal with an accident.

I mean, I agree that they should take the responsibility, but just saying "deal with it" isn't very nice. lol.

rosanna

i still think abortion is wrong in all cases, rape or not. if a woman is not going to love her child because it was the product of a rape, then the mother should not be a mother. what if someone gets pregnant and the father leaves her before the baby is born? should she get an abortion then because looking at the baby would remind her of all the good times they had together?

20. Alacrity

So you're saying that if someone has an "accident" where they fall off a roof and break their back, they have to just deal with falling off the roof? Wow. Some sympathy you've got. [/b][/quote]
    Falling off a roof and having a baby are two totally different things.

and @Todd- Birth control ;)