Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

1. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

no. then i say its up to the mother. heres what im saying, my final statement:
    i think abortion is wrong, except for situations when mother's physical or emotional health is in serious danger - example rape - then its acceptable (for me at least). but i think it should be legal. nobody has the right to tell other people whats right or wrong. let the mothers decide for themselves.

2. [Brkng Th H@bt]

[Brkng Th H@bt] Active Member

I wouldn't think that having an abortion is a right or wrong situation. Like make many others have said, it really depends on what the case is.

If it was a rape, you might as well have an abortion. Why would you want to go through such labor to have a baby that you didn't even want, and were literally forced to have?

Or, maybe you had sex with your boyfriend, or husband or something like that, but you didn't want a baby. And you still got pregnant. I think that you should not kill it, give birth, and give it up for adoption. There are some women out there with the disability of giving birth and really want to have a child.

So, there's really no right or wrong. Depends on the situation.

3. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

Exactly, you even said it yourself. It's not the baby's fault he or she has to live a screwed life because the mom was on drugs or alcohol during pregnancy. [/b][/quote]
    then wtf is the mother doing having children if she is too irresponsible to care about its well being?

abortion is used as an excuse for the mother to continue being irresponsible. i think it should be made illegal except in extreme cases. and even then i will not agreee with it, because i see it as murder. i do not like murder, i do not think it should be legal in any case, and that is the way i think. yet again, i know that my opinion is not going to change anything, but that is why it is good to be able to have opinions, because that is what you think. no one is right or wrong here.

4. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

abortion is not murder! the fetus is not a living thing until it can live on its own....when it's born. until then, it's just a thing and not a human life yet

5. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Albert Einstein was almost aborted. You never know how much a child may change the world until you give them a chance. If you make abortion legal and it becomes another birth control...think of how many lives would be taken away before the even begin.

6. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

it depends on your own opinion. i think it is murder no matter what excuses i find. so what its not a full developed human being? it will be one soon enough.
    thats what i think and im not trying to convince anybody.

7. Disturbed

Disturbed Active Member

I am a pro choice guy.

I agree with abortion unless its Partial Birth Abortion. That isn't right IMO.

8. emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

It just as well could have been Osama bin Laden.

9. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

It just as well could have been Osama bin Laden. [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

well all the people who said that abortion is murder, think about the next time you eat meat. that steak didnt come from nothing. it was an innocent animal that was killed by people. birds get hunted and no one does anything about it. now i dont want to get into this whole animal rights issue, but that is seriously hypocritical. its okay to kill an animal but not a person? thats really messed up.

[/rant]

but i do think its okay to have abortions since its just the fetus. if you say youre taking away its chance of life, then what about when you dont have sex? you never give a chance for the egg or sperm cells to give life. they just die. if youre want to have everything live, then there is going to be a hell of a lot of people.

and another thing, there are so many sick guys out there who kill their pregnant girlfriends. if abortions are legal, the woman have no choice and are forced to be pregnant. so im sure the killing rate of pregnant women will rise because they cant have an abortion.

10. Link04

Link04 Ambient

:lol:

well all the people who said that abortion is murder, think about the next time you eat meat. that steak didnt come from nothing. it was an innocent animal that was killed by people. birds get hunted and no one does anything about it. now i dont want to get into this whole animal rights issue, but that is seriously hypocritical. its okay to kill an animal but not a person? thats really messed up.

[/rant]

[/b][/quote]
    Heh, some people do believe a human's life is much more valuable then an animals, and that humans were given the distinct ability by God, evolution, or whatever you believe, to "rule" over Earth's other creatures.

Just an opposing perspective.

11. Jila

Heh, some people do believe a human's life is much more valuable then an animals, and that humans were given the distinct ability by God, evolution, or whatever you believe, to "rule" over Earth's other creatures.

Just an opposing perspective. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, thats f*cked up

if anything, humans are the worst form of living things and are the only things that kill for no reason.

12. Link04

Link04 Ambient

I won't disagree with you on that point

13. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

This ain't the thread for that...

14. Link04

Link04 Ambient

I was just saying, for the people who believe that a human's life has more value than an animals, it's not hypocritical at all.

And killing a fetus is an ENTIRE different story than not having sex. There's no terminating of something that's already developing, ready to exist as an individual.

15. Jila

i still think a woman has a right to her own body. she shouldnt have to go though a painful pregnancy if she doesnt want to and shouldnt have that right taken away from her.

16. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

You hit the nail on the head and brought up a really great point. If abortion is murder because the baby won't be born, then sexual abstinence which you preach so much is murder because the baby won't be born.

17. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

ding ding ding, we have a winner!

You hit the nail on the head and brought up a really great point. If abortion is murder because the baby won't be born, then sexual abstinence which you preach so much is murder because the baby won't be born. [/b][/quote]
    With sexual abstinecnce it's only an egg, you haven't combined the sperm and egg, chromosomes haven't split, and in 8 weeks the immune system isn't developed yet. You have sex, the women might not figure out that she's pregnant until she has a missed period. That's 4 weeks, possibly 5. Then to get an abortion you'd have to consider it and make an appointment. You want to tell me that 6, maybe 7 weeks into the pregnancy, now you want to have an abortion? The thing almost has an immune system! It's a living thing inside of this woman. That, is murder.

18. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

With sexual abstinecnce it's only an egg, you haven't combined the sperm and egg, chromosomes haven't split, and in 8 weeks the immune system isn't developed yet. You have sex, the women might not figure out that she's pregnant until she has a missed period. That's 4 weeks, possibly 5. Then to get an abortion you'd have to consider it and make an appointment. You want to tell me that 6, maybe 7 weeks into the pregnancy, now you want to have an abortion? The thing almost has an immune system! It's a living thing inside of this woman. That, is murder. [/b][/quote]
    DITTO

my thoughts exactly.

good one, alacrity :)

19. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

With sexual abstinecnce it's only an egg, you haven't combined the sperm and egg, chromosomes haven't split, and in 8 weeks the immune system isn't developed yet. You have sex, the women might not figure out that she's pregnant until she has a missed period. That's 4 weeks, possibly 5. Then to get an abortion you'd have to consider it and make an appointment. You want to tell me that 6, maybe 7 weeks into the pregnancy, now you want to have an abortion? The thing almost has an immune system! It's a living thing inside of this woman. That, is murder. [/b][/quote]
    It isn't living inside of the woman. It's living with the help of the woman. Big difference.

20. Link04

Link04 Ambient

^ that's very true, but not having a child from abstinence and not having a child from abortion are two TOTALLY different things