Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

It isn't living inside of the woman. It's living with the help of the woman. Big difference. [/b][/quote]
    Even living with the help of the woman, it's murder. You can't deny that.

2. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

when you choose not to have a baby from abstinence, there is no child involved. when you choose to abort a baby, the baby is already there, the damage is already done, and you are choosing to end life.

and what about all those premature babies that manage to live when they are only four months old? second trimester...that is when most abortions take place anyway. so the child CAN live without a mother at that point, it is just more difficult. therefore it is murder.

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The mother is the lifeline.

In many hospitals, families are given the choice of whether or not to pull the plug on their loved one's rescussitation (sp?) machine, the one thing that keeps them alive. They're given the chance. This can be applied to the mother, and the umbilical (sp?) cord which helps her baby stay alive. It should be the mothers choice. The baby has no chance of living without the cord, just like the person in that hospital bed cannot live without the machine.

4. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

hmm...that makes sense...however, the person on the life support machine has something wrong with them. the baby may be perfectly normal, but no one would know without giving the baby the chance to be born.

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Even living with the help of the woman, it's murder. You can't deny that. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I can. Why? Because I don't believe it's murder until the baby is born. A chicken inside an egg isn't alive until it hatches, so why would a baby be alive when it's inside its mother? Nothing is living until it can live without a direct lifeline.

6. Alacrity

Yes, I can. Why? Because I don't believe it's murder until the baby is born. A chicken inside an egg isn't alive until it hatches, so why would a baby be alive when it's inside its mother? Nothing is living until it can live without a direct lifeline. [/b][/quote]
    But didn't you say it was living with the help of the mother? That'a lifeline, according to what Mark said.

7. Will

But didn't you say it was living with the help of the mother? That'a lifeline, according to what Mark said. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, Mark said what I wanted to say, I didn't know the right word I wanted to use. Sue me.

8. Alacrity

But by saying that now it has a lifeline, it's living- with help, it's livng- and killing that living thing is murder. Like Rosanna said, people that have recussitation ( I killed that word ) machines have something wrong with them. The baby doesn't have anything wrong until you give it a chance to live after birth. That's murder.

9. Will

So... it's not murder when you "pull the plug"?

10. Alacrity

Usually when people "pull the plug" it's because they are so ill there is no way they will get better. The same could happen to a newborn after birth. If you just ran through a hospital at random pulling life supports- that'd be murder, right? Same thing with abortions.

11. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

If you just ran through a hospital at random pulling life supports- that'd be murder, right? Same thing with abortions. [/b][/quote]
    no, pulling the plug is the decision of a consenting adult, so is abortion. neither are murder. If a doctor ran around focring random pregnant women to have abortions, then it would be murder.

12. Alacrity

no, pulling the plug is the decision of a consenting adult, so is abortion. neither are murder. If a doctor ran around focring random pregnant women to have abortions, then it would be murder. [/b][/quote]
    The consent of the adult isn't soley based on the reason that they don't want the sick person, though.

13. Will

The consent of the adult isn't soley based on the reason that they don't want the sick person, though. [/b][/quote]
    If I gave you the consent to plug me in the face with a 9mm and kill me, it's still murder. Why? Because I'm alive.

Babies inside their mothers aren't "alive" until they're "born." That is the whole concept of being "born."

14. Alacrity

If I gave you the consent to plug me in the face with a 9mm and kill me, it's still murder. Why? Because I'm alive.

Babies inside their mothers aren't "alive" until they're "born." That is the whole concept of being "born." [/b][/quote]
    Inside the mother it's a living thing that's growing cells and body parts. It's growing- what would you call it other than living?

15. Will

Inside the mother it's a living thing that's growing cells and body parts. It's growing- what would you call it other than living? [/b][/quote]
    Developing.

16. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Inside the mother it's a living thing that's growing cells and body parts. It's growing- what would you call it other than living? [/b][/quote]
    Viruses grow. Viruses incubate. And they arent classified as a life form. Not everything that grows is living.

17. Alacrity

Viruses grow. Viruses incubate. And they arent classified as a life form. Not everything that grows is living. [/b][/quote]
    Viruses don't have heartbeats ;)

18. Will

Viruses don't have heartbeats ;) [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, that facilitates whether something is living or not. Plants don't have heartbeats, yet they're living. And don't you even tell me they aren't living. There's a big difference between a dead plant and a living plant.

19. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Viruses don't have heartbeats ;) [/b][/quote]
    Thats what I just said. :lol:

20. Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

The act of deliberately taking a life is murder. Abortion is murder. End of story.