Abortion...Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by JoJaDaWg, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

In your opinion, yes.

2. Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

What is your definition of murder then?

3. Will

In my opinion, you cannot murder something that hasn't been born. It's as smple as that in my mind.

4. Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

But just because it hasn't been born does not mean that it is alive. This fetus has the potential to be everything that you are, if given the right amount of time. Whether it is born or not it is still an individual.

5. Will

I agree with that but, like I said, in my opinion, something isn't alive until it has been born. That's just how I've always seen things.

6. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Recently in Montreal, a young father of 20 years old ''shook'' his baby to death.

Knowing that the children was unwanted, here's my question: What would have been better for him/her; for the woman to have an abortion so the baby wouldn't have felt the pain or is it better that the baby lived 2 months only to be murdered by his/her father?

This, my dears, is the question.

7. emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I think stuff like that would tend to happen a lot in abortion cases. I mean, if the baby is unwanted in the first place, being aborted would be an early solution to prevent a likely troubled life. Say the child in Maelle's scenario actually manages to grows up, more likely than not she/he is gonna have to deal with alot of problems, maybe eventually leading to the abortion of his/her own children. So it's all a chain-effect, a non-existing life is better than 2-3 screwed up lives.

8. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

just so we are all straight here, this is not murder. this is assisted suicide and there are different consequences for that action than if someone just walked up and shot someone in the face.

and how do we know that the child does not feel pain when they are aborted? no one knows because none of us have been through that experience (obviously) and therefore no one can say what the baby feels. and babies are not aborted humanely. they are poisoned, reduced to mush and sucked out of a tube. there are pictures all over the internet but i don't remember any of the site names.

9. Will

It's not assisted suicide unless I say I'm committing suicide but can't do it myself so I have someone else do it...

I meant, if someone asks me if they can shoot me and I say yes, that's murder...

10. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

ever heard of jack kevorkian? the doctor who assisited his sick, terminally ill paitents with suicide? AFAIK, he was convicted of 1st degree murder. so yes, assisted suicide is murder

11. Hoodie

Hoodie Well-Known Member

Personally I think it is the business of the pregnant woman and the pregnant woman only, birth control or not. Why does anyone care what Jane Doe does with her baby? It's not your job to tell her how to live her life. I get annoyed by anyone who thinks it is.

12. ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

what if you were the father? Would you want to know if your baby is coming or not or have some say in it?

13. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

ever heard of jack kevorkian? the doctor who assisited his sick, terminally ill paitents with suicide? AFAIK, he was convicted of 1st degree murder. so yes, assisted suicide is murder [/b][/quote]
    in the state of maryland, suicide is seen as murder. so people really dont know what murder is these days.

definition of murder in new college edition of the american heritage dictionary:
    murder(n): the unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with malice aforethought...to destroy or put an end to.

abortion is the destruction of a human, therefore it is murder.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well what you have to understand is the person is not technically alive until they are well into the pregnancy, WAY past the point of abortion. So technically it isnt taking a life.

15. .Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I think it's already wrong to kill it because it's something that lives, But If the parents don't want it and they wanna take it away they can do it
    it's their decision. But still I think it's wrong just be more carefull and you have no problemss if you don't want a baby yet

16. Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

what if you were the father? Would you want to know if your baby is coming or not or have some say in it? [/b][/quote]
    yeah but hes not the one with the baby coming out of his vagina

17. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i think this depends on your point of view and your religion. if youre not letting the soon to be child to grow into an embryo, but kill it before, its also murder to me.

18. Ms. Tasha

Ms. Tasha New Member

OK, now I'm gonna be as unbiased as possible here, theres just a few misconceptions about the abortion issue, such as rape and AIDS.

Preganancy in rape cases aren't that common for the pure fact that the guy's little swimmers don't work as well under the pressure that comes with commiting a rape. Sure if you're a serial rapist it'd be easier however, in most cases it's not going to be like that.

As for AIDS cases, woman who have AIDS/HIV and know it when they get pregnant, the chances of them passing it on to their child are 1%. 25% if the mother is unknowing.

Not to say whether or not women should have an abortion in either cases, I just don't think that either are a very logical reason for decision, or discussion by abortion rights activists.

And in most acses, a womans only capable of concieving 2-3 days a month, and its not hard to figure out when, there are plenty of ways to determine if you're ovulating and its not all that hard to just not have sex those 2-3 days. But crap happens, and I'm living proof. heh.

I don't see many cases in which an abortion is needed, especially now that I'm experiencing pregnancy as we speak (and shes kicking the #### out of me, :rolleyes: ), however I know that some women see no way out and in the end, as much as I don't like it, it's their choice.

However, unfortunately alot of women, my own mother being one of them, are denied alot of facts and options that could change the minds of women contemplating abortion. Which isn't right, because women make these choices that include another persons life, or to make you pro-choicers happy - potential life ^_^, without knowing all the facts about it, which is no good in any situation involving any subject.

Right down to it, I consider myself hardcore pro-life, but there are other opinions in it, and in most cases, if we care that much that we're all in this thread, we're all already set in our beliefs, whatever they are, and all these threads do is start fights.

But it's all gravy, baby. :hugz:

19. Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I don't understand that part. :wth: From what I,ve heard, there's no way to cure or help AIDS/HIV so I don't see how knowing can help. But I'm not doctor, so there may be things I don't know about AIDS/HIV

20. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yeah but hes not the one with the baby coming out of his vagina [/b][/quote]
    yeah! i mean, the father has the right to talk to the pregnant woman, maybe try to convince her. but dude! its the woman who has to have the child, and in the long run, its her responsibility.

let the woman make the decision.