Album Length, Single Cd And More.

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In the newest issue of Kerrang!, on news stands today, they reveal the length of Meteora, which is 36 mins, and the release date for the CD single for 'Somewhere I Belong' on March 17th(UK)/March 18th(US).

There's also a very cool quote from Chester in the mag:

"Bennington admits that the record is colder and harder than anything they've made before"
    "The songs are often based on things that have happened to both mike and myself in the past", "the thing about emotional pain is that it never really goes away- the scars are always there and they never heal. Some of those scars are still raw. But at the same time, i dont want to go out and tell everyone what the songs are about, because they mean something different to everybody. A song that sounds dark and pessimistic to one person can be another person's door to optimism"

Let me add that when we say "CD Single", we mean the date that a CD will come out with the single on it. This does NOT mean the video or single will be released on that date, for the video is due to premiere within 1-2 weeks.

Thanks to Daniel_LP on the LPMB for typing this up!

Teken

Teken New Member

Awesome! Thanks for the news. :chaz:

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Wow this is great news, even though its only 36 minutes. I hope that's wrong and its longer. But still, it will still rock!

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

ya, i REALLY hope its longer than 36 min. thats too short for a cd no offense though lp.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I think everyone wants it to be longer than 36 minutes. I know I do. But everything else sounds good.

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

Its quality not quantity

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

ya you're right
    hybrid theory was just about the same length & look how great it turned out to be. my apologies.

CHAPSTICk

CHAPSTICk Well-Known Member

*agrees* Hybrid Theory was only 34 minutes long and look how good it was.

Frost

Frost Member

Damn 36 minutes huh? Thats like what 2 1/2 minutes or song long for each song... some shorter and some longer of course... thats about the average 2.7 something... anyway This is my first post I've been looking for info on the new album and this site and community is great... I really wish the new CD was a bit longer as well though since I drive 3 1/2 hours to Virginia Tech every other weekend to see my girlfriend (We take turns so we see eachtoher every week but don't have to drive all the time) And I love listening to hard rock while the sun is going down behind me and my sunroof is open while I'm on the backroad highways... :) Hey everyone!

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

HT was 34 minutes? it seemed longer than that. and 36 minutes sounds short when ya say it. but who knows, maybe if you take Meteora in slowly, it'll seem longer??? who am i kidding, i think 36 minutes is kinda short. but i do agree on the quality not quantity post. always a good point.

*pops in HT* it's 37:50

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

What do you think will be an appropriate length for Meteora? Does anyone know any info about the length?

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

exactly my thoughts, it'll be the best 36 minutes of your life maybe!

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

Is there a slight possibility that the album length was confused by the Dvd length?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.