Album Title

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin Park has now officially titled thier album. It is entitled 'Meteora'. From what we have heard, Meteora is a place somewhere around Greece, apparently it's a very holy place as 'Meteora' means something heavenly or celestial. No, this does not mean LP's new album has gone religious, though. Hopefully we wont get in trouble from the 'higher powers' for posting this.

In other news; WE WERE RIGHT! The release date we had put out almost last week was correct as it has now been confirmed by LP! Mark your calendars guys because its the 24th for the UK and other countries and the 25th for the US!

Editorial comment: We have had a couple of upset visitors who say that we took this news from LPU from when in fact we had other sources. We are not inclined to state these and I'd like to express my deepest apologies to anyone who has been upset about this - Alex

Whiteboi2kx

Whiteboi2kx Member

thank you i needed to know that, it made my day better

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

it's a weird name, i don't see how it has anything to do with LP, but it sounds cool :p

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I love it, very original.

I think it's about the music in a way. In religion, its something very holy and meaningful to them(that religion of ppl) Well, the music is something very meaningful to Linkin Park, they put their heart and soul into this album.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The word is probably Japanese because, remember, Mike's half Japanese. I can find out in a little while...

Bryan

Bryan Guest

The word Meteora means literally 'hovering in the air' and of course brings to mind the word meteor.
    -From the Greek website TrumTram gave

Will

That's true, but many words are used in many different languages and can have different meanings. ;)

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

This is awesome. I'm changing my sig to all the new images. I knew LP would come up with something original.

Will

Dude, you're ripping the images right off of Chester 76's site. Save them and upload them to your own site or make your own.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Oh, sorry about that. I thought you could use other people's sites. Sorry about that, I'll upload it later. I'm really sorry.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Dude, you're ripping the images right off of Chester 76's site. Save them and upload them to your own site or make your own. [/b][/quote]
    Wait, what happened? :huh: :unsure:

Will

Wait, what happened? :huh: :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    The image he was using in his sig was yours and he's still using the image as his avatar linked from your site... Tsk, tsk... precious bandwidth.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

The image he was using in his sig was yours and he's still using the image as his avatar linked from your site... Tsk, tsk... precious bandwidth. [/b][/quote]
    Oh, I didnt notice him using my sig, but his avatar isnt mine. Its uploaded to LPA and its a completly different format, his says 'paint shop pro image' mines .gif

Oh and Ent0303, its cool if u wanna use my image in my sig, just upload it to your own server, mines on boomspeed, and I'm not sure how much bandwidth they give you.

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Ok, I'll get my own upload place or my own site. Sorry about that.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

24th of march + 2 weeks. Thats when i will get it :D

Meteora is a good name! Its different which makes is sound kewl! Besides.. it wouldnt matter what it was called.. it would still be awesome if they gave it the worst name ever :p

Will

You're right. They could've named it "Frat Party At The Pankake Festival" and it still would've been awesome. Haha, that's what they said about the DVD — that it was the worst title they've ever thought of. :lol:

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

wow....meteora eh? hehe interesting name. i think the meaning is more perdy than the actual word. i dunno, but right now, it sounds kinda weird to me. how did they come up with this one??

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

Yeah, how did they come up with this one?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yeah, how did they come up with this one? [/b][/quote]
    Not trying to be meen, but please dont ask questions that have just been asked, its a blatent way to raise your post count.

I'm not trying to sound meen, although I probably am...but theres really no point in saying "yea how did they" when it was just asked. Thanks

Ent0303

Ent0303 Banned

I'm not trying to be mean either... but I think sometimes you guys just need to let stuff go. I mean, with a lot of people, just not me, you guys over react to stuff. I think a message board is for people to post their comments, kind of like a chat room. When you sit down with someone and have a conversation, you want to be able to feel like someone is taking in their opinions. This place would be boring if people didn't post and acknowledge peoples posts. If I was trying to increase my post count, I would post some things that would be really stupid and not well thought out. But most of my posts here are for a reason and explain my opinion. This is not supposed to be in a negative way, its for positive ways for this board to improve. This is only my opinion, I know you guys have to be mod's and stuff, but sometimes you go too far. Just let the people talk. I mean, without all of these people, this board would be absolutely nothing other than a blank set of pages. Just take my words and I hope you will take them in.

Now I'm sorry about that last post in this thread, I won't repeat a question anymore. And I hope that you guys will let me stay here and be a faithful member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.