Alternative version of "New Divide" video on youtube

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by 3DU4RDO, Apr 13, 2015.

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

[video=youtube;ysSxxIqKNN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0[/video]

I don't know when this happened, but the original video for New Divide on linkinparktv was replaced for this alternate version that cuts off the Transformers scenes. It's on 1080p. The weird thing is that it keeps the same views that the original had.

I kinda like this version more than the other:sweating:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Few months ago, we had a big discussion on it but I can't be bothered to find a link.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm almost positive a YouTube content creator can "update" their video without losing their views (for example, if you upload a video in 720p, you can later upload a video in 1080p without losing the viewcount).

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What Will says is true. You see it a lot with singer-songwriter types like Kina Grannis, who'll put a short insert promoting her new album at the beginning or end of all her videos.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

this video has existed since new divide came out.

LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

I like this version better, to be honest

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I liked the New Divide video that was out in 2008.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I really liked this version of the video.

3DU4RDO

Ok. Got it. This video existed since the first day. But I didn't know, and probably other people didn't either. It's nice you answer to the topic, but there's no need to be rude.

Anyway, I agree with Hybrid. This version is pretty cool !

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

No one was being rude...?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I could see how Broman's reply could be interpreted that way but, otherwise, :shrug:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah sorry dude I agree with everyone else in here, there was no rudeness in his post. I usually am the first to race to people's defense if a member is being rude but you totally took him the wrong way and far too personal for no reason. There was no rudeness of any sort.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This isn't a feature that's available to the average Youtube channel, or even most people in the Youtube Partners program, to my knowledge. The intro/ending promotion thing Minus mentioned is a pretty standard feature (you can pick a "blurb" to display at the beginning/end of your videos, change it when you want, decide what videos to display it on, etc.), but you can't just upload a video and have it overwrite an existing video while maintaining the same URL, comments, view count, upload date, etc. However, extremely high-profile Youtube channels do get access to special features, and the guys in LP have pretty much said that Youtube lets them do whatever they want in the past. The licensing LP had for the Transformers images probably expired after 5 years (the video was changed sometime in October) and they had to get rid of that version of the video.

LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

I think part of the reason why the New Divide music vid is the most viewed LP video was because Megs Fox. :rastamike:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A lookalike, mind you.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yeah it was probably due to licensing issues with Transformers, otherwise why don't they update all their old music videos with higher quality versions? I really wanna see videos like Bleed it Out in HD.

3DU4RDO

Yeah, probably I took some comments in the wrong way. And probably the word I wanted to use wasn't "rude". I don't know how to translate it. Maybe apathetic, I don't know. My point is (and it's not the first time I see it) instead of coming to the topic to say things like "This was already posted", "I knew that", "That was yeaaars ago"... why don't "I remember we talked about it some time ago, don't know what happened" or things like that. I had no idea about it. I have the New Divide original video on my HDD so I never look old videos on youtube, besides the making of. The other day I don't know why I start watching the ND video and I was like.. what happened here? :sweating: So I just came here, did a little research and didn't see anything about it so I decided to post it thinking some other people might have experimented the same I did.

It wasn't my intention to try to restart some old discussion. I just wanted to keep the dinamic of the forum starting some new topic. I think it keeps the fun of this site. Anyway, sorry and thanks Derek.

That would be amazing :awesome:

LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

I'm guessing they don't want anything more to do with the Transformers franchise so they took those parts out of the video.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

The version is as old as the original one.