AltWire Reviews One More Light

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 13, 2017.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

:lol: What? I was talking about Paramore and how everyone praise them to hell for making standard Indie pop.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhh.. I see. I thought you're talking to LP. lol. :rofl:

Yeah, Where's the old Paramore? Josh and Jeremy left the band because the band is too pop for them. :kappa:

Sasuke likes this.
  3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If you're talking about After Laughter, then they're being praised for effectively incorporating New Wave into their sound and channeling bands like The Smiths, The Cure, and Tears For Fears in their latest recorded, not for making standard Indie pop.

4. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Paramore suffers from the same issue as Linkin Park. A ton of their fans just want another Riot! The same way many want another Hybrid Theory.

I like After Laughter. It's not my favorite, but it's got some songs I enjoy.

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yeah good for them, I must say I didn't found something intresting for me in their music. sorry it's my opinion. :shrug:

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  6. Minus

The Paramore fanbase has been pretty onboard with the new album, actually. Remember, Paramore has been close to disbanding so many times in the past that the fans are grateful to be getting what they are. Not to mention it's a good sound for them.

7. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I guess I've seen the more negative side? Although most of what I've seen are subtweets on Twitter, so they could be trolling. I also had to smile when two bands I love, Paramore and Linkin Park, are written about in the same article.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...aughter-linkin-park-one-more-light/101464514/

8. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

New Paramore is fucking killer though...

9. Minus

I'm just wondering where you've seen the negative side. Even the comments on YouTube for Hard Times and Told You So are positive. The comments. On YouTube. YOUTUBE. COMMENTS. POSITIVE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. fio1310

fio1310 Well-Known Member

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Purpose>>>>>The Hunting Party

Not even joking

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this thing is probably gonna be everywhere by tomorrow the latest. Let's see how it turns out.

13. Dyl

Dyl Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen a couple of pictures of people who have the cd or vinyl. I'm going to guess that it leaks today

14. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Going to sleep in hope of waking up to sweet new LP music :lol:

15. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Note to mods : I know this isn't the right topic area, so I will delete this very soon. I admittedly wanted to post it in a thread where there was still activity, as opposed to Random LP Chat where activity is low, as I'm hoping for responses to it.

Has anybody else run into this whole thing where you've pre-ordered the album, directly through linkinpark.com or via the "Boost your spot in line" by Strobe for the pre-sales, and now have been told that every concert ticket you buy for their tour comes with a free copy of the album... and that if your order was through Strobe, all sales are final...

It's not that I want to cancel the order, but as it stands I'll be getting like 4 copies of the CD now... and this pre-ordered one will end up the only one I'm paying extra for... and I find it a little odd that Strobe, via this pre-sale system, encourages you to buy the album through them, then stipulates no cancellations/returns, but they're also the ones tied/involved with the pre-sale that gives you free copies for every ticket you buy for the tour...

I take it I'm not the only one who's experienced this? Kind of a long shot, but anybody have any tips or suggestions of how to "deal" with this? I cringe at the idea of taking my extra copies to a used CD store and having them A) Look at me like "Ha, you're done with LP too, eh?" and B) Offer me an insulting like $2 per copy... I've thought about giving them to friends but I don't have many friends into LP, and those who are are ones who will consider seeing them in concert, but not necessarily wanting to own their albums, and the last thing I want to do is push it on somebody who doesn't really want it.

I'm trying to minimize/de-clutter and I really don't need 4 of the same album...

Blake likes this.
  16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'd write their support and see if there's a way to avoid getting four. If not, just redeem the 4...it'll make the band's sales look better :lol:

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I have a somewhat similar situation. I originally pre-ordered the CD to boost my spot in line (even though none of it mattered), but my order was canceled I'm assuming by my bank because it was a pending charge even though the money was in there. Anyways, I ordered 2 tickets, then got them exchanged for 2 different seats. This means I got multiple "redeem your copy" emails including the ones for the old canceled tickets. Problem is, I redeemed the first email I was sent, which was presumably for the original tickets. It sounds dumb, but I hope I don't get charged or something for redeeming an album for the 2 old tickets that are now void.

Either that or it means I can get 4 copies of the album for free, which I don't need of course.

18. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

It's funny, I thought about that, about how at least maybe it'll show to their records as 4 sales and I'm always all for supporting this band, but... are you sure it even shows up that way? That copies given out as freebies (well, not actually free...) but included with ticket purchases still count to them as album sales? That'll definitely help me shrug this off a little easier, even though I still won't know what to do with the 3 extras. I wrote their support and told them my situation, but more brought it down in the end to asking if I still had the option of cancelling that one (ironically the only one I'm sure will count as an official album sale). I've already redeemed the 3 from tour tickets haha.

Interesting situation... I really wouldn't think you'll get charged anything, but don't quote me on that in the chance I'm wrong. I feel pretty confident you won't though. Do you have any idea what you're going to do with the extra copies if you end up with all 4?

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that I just wouldn't be sent out the copy for the voided tickets, or maybe I will but there's no charge ("no additional cost"). You still have to redeem the albums if you want them, so I won't be receiving 4 CDs. I may be receiving 2 CDs since I filled it out twice for a CD, one on the old email and one on the newest email. I also chose one digital download on a new email anyways, but I'm guessing redeeming the CD comes with a digital download? So that may be pointless, if I'm getting that right I may have 3 digital downloads and 2 CDs.

If that's the case, then I'll see if someone I know wants the extra CD. As for the downloads, depending on how they're sent maybe I can give them out.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes. Per Adam, every redeemed album from this week counts as a week one sale.

Meteorain and Blake like this.