Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cure4TheItch, Jul 10, 2012.

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

that still thinks that A Thousand Suns is the band's best work to date?

Don't get me wrong, I love Living Things. It's a great album in it's own right. But ATS just had something that felt so special about it. When I listen to it, I still get chills. I never really got that from LT. It's a great collection of songs, but there is nothing distinct about the album that makes me feel as connected as I do with ATS.

What are some of your thoughts?

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Your not alone my friend.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one, LPA is full of ATS lovers ahah.

But personally, I don't agree at all. I'm not gonna argue this time, I've already discussed this subject tons of times, so now I'll just let it go, and chill out :)

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Actually you might be in a majority here.

Not on other LP communities, but here it's plausible.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I hate how people on YouTube hate ATS and say LT is soooo much better. It isn't. ATS is better than LT. But, HT is still the best.

HT>ATS>LT>M>MTM

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I don't think it's "TEH GREATEZT ALBUM 3VUR"

but in terms of LP's discography, it's by far their best.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

I don't think it's their best, but it's up their. :) I think it's their 2/3 right with Meteora.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I know I think its their best but it did seem like a lot of people turned on it when LT came out.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It was a good song, hell of en effort, and while I'm one of the bigger supporters of the album, it's far too rough around the edges to prop up as their absolute best. One of them, yeah, but not their absolute peak.

KiAllen

KiAllen Well-Known Member

I enjoy LT a lot more, but ATS is the better "album"

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

LT has already gotten old for me. ATS is still there best album.

If LP doesn't stop making these bland/standard radio-ready rock songs like BID, IMR etc. I think I'll stop listening to them :/

I want them to pick right up where ATS left off and push the experimental side hard.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I agree.

The thing about ATS is all of the songs feel REALIZED.

Imagine if you cut the songs in half (which you can, since there seems to be two halves to every song)... When They Come For Me ends after the 2nd chorus, The Catalyst and Blackout end after their breakdown, Robot Boy is the same, but shorter, etc.

With all they were able to jam into the songs on ATS, the songs feel realized, and on an almost epic scale. The reason why I consider songs like The Catalyst and When They Come For Me to be the peak of their lives shows is because they incorporate so many different things.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Sometimes, there's only so much you can pack into a song.

But, I think I understand your point. I have lately felt that ATS is just one song away from being on a completely different level. But that's just me.

rundown228

rundown228 Banned

I liked ATS more is because it seemed to follow more of a story than any of their albums. I mean their original 3 were great, but they didn't seem to follow somewhat of a "concept" album (my favorites). LT Is a piece of shit to me, and in LGM it sounds like Chester as auto-tune. Idk if he does, but it sounds bad.

ATS seems to follow a story of a world going into post-apocalyptic, with "The Catalyst" being like a "final battle" to oppressors and victims, while the songs before are foreshadowing and are like human nature. It's my favorite album of the 00's.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

How can you say LT is a piece of shit? LPA's members mostly like ATS, but people on other websites freaking hate it, and they agree LT is much better. Even if it is a collection of ''radio friendly'' songs, they are still awesome. Lost In The Echo, Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Powerless... Bunch of great songs. I also like ATS more, but you can't say LT is a piece of shit. The Catalyst is my favourite song ever, and I like it more than all the songs on LT, but it's not because LT is a piece of shit, it's because ATS is amazing.

btw. ATS isn't even from the 00's.

Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

ATS is the better album. You can put it on and listen to it in its entirety and it just feels so much superior to anything they've done ever (including LT).

Having said that, thought, LT has the best songs of any LP album. It is much harder to listen to songs from ATS as opposed to LT. LT's songs blow ATS out of the water (well maybe apart from LITE) but ATS's compactness does the same to LT as an album.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I had a look through my music library the other day,

& judging by how I rated the tracks on each album, my order of preference goes:

HT = ATS > MTM = LT > M

It's weird, I've never been able to rate LP's albums before as I always appreciated them equally. LT doesn't look that good next to the rest, but it would have been a hell of a thing to top ATS let alone HT (for nostalgia reasons it'll always be No#1)

Each album has its fair share of weaker moments i guess, but not all have "classic" songs that will stand the test of time. LT lacks this IMO.

I disagree. Just look at waiting for the end for example. It's a radio friendly song that is innovative, catchy AND experimental, while keeping the rock/electronic/rap thing. All the songs (Except the messenger) are solid songs that are amazingly crafted. Robot boy is repetitive, but that's not a valid argument. This song is extremely repetitive but it's a masterpiece:

[video=youtube;n02PhHaeRG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02PhHaeRG4[/video]