Amp Help

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Harlz, Nov 12, 2009.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

If anyone has an opinion on Marshall's AVT series, that would be amazing.

I'm looking to play mostly clean through it anyway, in live settings, but for jamming at home etc I wanna be able to play hard rock and metal as well, just to give you an idea.

Thanks in advance :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They're moderately-priced and decent-sounding, pretty much par for the course when it comes to hybrid amps (part tube, part solid-state). I'm personally not a fan of them and a lot of other modern Marshalls because they have way too many knobs, I'm a "less is more" kind of guy when it comes to amps.

They'll probably suit just about any kind of music though, so if it's what you want, go for it. Just be a bit wary of their reliability, lower-priced Marshalls tend to have a lot of problems, although the AVTs aren't nearly as unreliable as the MG series amps are.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yeah I've been warned off the MG series in the past, so I'm just looking to step up a little bit...

That's the thing for me, I need a lot of versatility from an amp. To go from playing Nu-metal, to classic rock to playing at church, it's gotta be able to cover a lot of basses.

I'd agree with more or less, but it won't hurt. I'll find my tone and probably leave it there for the next 6 months without moving it :lol:

It's starting to look like a pretty serious option for me though...