An Open Letter to Linkin Park Management from the Fans: Pre-2007 DSP Live Recordings

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 4, 2013.

Tags:
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This past week, like a number of other Linkin Park websites, we were contacted by LPLive to co-sign an open letter to Linkin Park's management, touring staff or to whomever it concerns in regards to the release of DSP's from before 2007. For those who don't know, DSP's (Digital Souvenir Package) is a concept that the band introduced in 2007 that allows fans to purchase and download a mixed live recording of the show they attended, right from their website. What this letter does is show Linkin Park and their team that the fans are interested in live recordings of shows from before 2007, which has an extensive library of memorable and awesome shows that have never been released in full. You can see some of those outlined in the letter published below. Management have said that they don't think the interest is there, but if these are ever going to come to fruition now is this the time to start getting active and vocal about it by doing whatever you can to help and spread the word. We co-signed because it would be great to see some of these shows released and at the least we're creating awareness about the shared interest in pre-2007 DSP's. Hopefully something can come of this!

[jump][/jump]

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I fully support this move!

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Yes, it would be nice :D

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I'd just like my Rod Lavor performance from last week, I'm worried they're not going to add it!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Like High Voltage, my stamp of approval is on this.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

We would all definitely love these!

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

I personally don't have any interest, mainly because I never attended any show pre-2007. The setlists weren't amazing either, but I will say that those were the days when Chester hit those notes flawlessly, my favorite being the way he sang With You between (2000 - 2002) and how he actually sang the entire bridge for Faint. Nonetheless I'll support you guys.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I heartily support this petition!

I'd defiantly love to see the release of the full Summer Sonic 2006 show. Oh and "My Own Summer" I'd die to hear that in lossless form! :footlong:

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

How about Berlin 2001

[video=youtube;tn_Hewnpo6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn_Hewnpo6k[/video]

Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

lpl's staff member mark said : Huge thanks to Mikey for talking with Shinoda at the Perth M&G about this. Confirmed that Mike has now seen this and thinks the idea is cool. Fucking great job everyone on this.

Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! 2003 comes w/ the awesome setlists ,I wan't them all

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

This absolutely needs to happen. The first show I went to in 2003 was what made me fall in love with them and it would be so awesome to have a recording of it and the rest of the shows I went to during that time. I would also greatly appreciate the recording of the House of Blues show.....please?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:awesome: Hybriiid