Analyzing comments in mikes instagram post asking about best post traumatic track

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ryan O'Donnell, May 26, 2018.

Ryan O'Donnell

Ryan O'Donnell Member

Mike asked people which was their favorite track so far in this post,

I thought it would be interesting to analyze the comments - looks like "Running From My Shadow" is the overall favorite with 20% of comments mentioning it! Here's the full results:

total mentions: 3513

running from my shadow: 19.6% / 690
    over again: 18.6% / 656
    crossing a line: 17.9% / 629
    watching as i fall: 13.5% 474
    nothing makes sense anymore: 7.9% / 279
    about you: 7.3% / 258
    place to start: 2.7% / 96

Brandon, Bernuviel and Iopia like this.
    ThePretender

ThePretender New Member

Switch Crossing a Line with Watching as I Fall and then it's me.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

lol

Bernuviel

Bernuviel Active Member

Thanks for analyzing this! I wondered about the ranking and wished Mike had just made a poll instead. :lol:
    The result isn't very surprising though. RFMS is the newest, so people were hyped about it anyway. OA & CAL are kinda like the 'main singles' and everybody seems to love them.
    I'm guessing PTS is last, because it's so short and more of an intro than a real song (no chorus and stuff like that). It's unexpected that NMSA beat AY though!

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I'm not so keen on About You and Running From My Shadow so those are the least interesting songs to me. I guess I could have sticked to just 5 songs not to lower my expectations, which are still very high regardless of what I think about them. I could have listened to only the first 5 songs since 7 singles spoil this album way too much, almost 50%, which lowers the hype and has a negative impact on the album experience, but that was a mistake of mine. Anyway, I think we should give credit to the album and not make any demand, just be grateful that Mike released these songs. I still think it will rank among the best albums of 2018.