And One (Live)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Creep, Apr 4, 2005.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Out of the live versions of And One that I have the lyrics have been edited at the end (To replace Mike rapping?). What does Chester say? Sounds like:

Stand out, Your on, The outside.

Anyone else who has live versions of And One please listen in and tell me :wth:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"Stand alone on the outside" I think is what he says, They cut out a lot of And One live, it's like 4:35 on the HTEP and about 2:45 live.

Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

Hey, I think you might be right about that. Thanks. The part where Mike raps at the end has been taken out, never heard that part live.

Geki

Geki >.

I've never heard them live, but I love both Carousel and And One equally. EP has such great songs, how come they never sing them anymore, do they have permission?

djg1285

djg1285 Well-Known Member

They've done High Voltage (the reprise version) at live shows, and they perform Step Up quite often. Step Up is, after Meteora came out, performed along with It's Goin' Down and Nobody's Listening in a nice little combined song. They have complete rights to all of the songs. They just choose not to play the others (Carousel, And One, and Part of Me, which most fans agree are three of the best on the album) because it's old material and they want to focus on the songs that most of the people at the show have heard before. Only true LP fans would know where Step Up is from when played live.

Shiraz

Shiraz Well-Known Member

hmmmmm, do you seriously think our fan base is that stupid? surely most of us have heard about the HTEP.

djg1285

djg1285 Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with stupidity. It has to do with how involved with a band you are. I went to an LP concert with some friends who are fans of LP, but not to the extend that I am, and they hadn't heard Step Up before it was played live. Think of a band that you moderately listen to. If you are not a big fan, you would only know their mainstream albums and singles, and not the songs that they recorded before they were signed by a big label. I didn't know about Step Up until I became a big LP fan, so no, I don't seriously think our fan base is that stupid.