And they thought it was simple

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by anyanka2040, May 4, 2004.

anyanka2040

anyanka2040 Well-Known Member

I thought when i left high school id leave all the bitching, back stabbing and jealousy behind. Well i was wrong...

In high school one of my good friends (lets call her claire) was friends with a another girl (lets call her jen) who wasnt too impressed i came into the picture. Basically for about three years i had to put up with nasty comments and rudeness from jen becuase she couldnt hack the fact that claire was really good friends with me. It got to the point back then where i was considering ending my frienship with claire because i couldnt take the way i was being treated. And it wasnt only the way jen treated me but she also treats claire like crap too...uses her. Things had got civil for a while but its all blown up in my face again.

lately jen always finds ways to put me down or make me feel like ####. A couple of days ago the i asked claire over for dinner. She said yes but didnt tell me that her and jen had been trying to organise something for all of us. So anyways jen found out that claire was at my place and all of a sudden im getting these abusive sms. She started accusing me of being selfish and rude for not inviting her because her and claire were gonna organise something. I get the being angry thing but I had no idea they were organising anything, and it doesnt excuse her behaviour anyway. Claire appolagised and told her what happened and reckons it will blow over but its just like high school all over again and that was one place i was glad to leave.

Im so sick of feeling guilty for being friends with claire. I hardly ever get to see claire anymore becuase of uni and work. I dont want to complain to claire coz shes jens friend but jen treats both of us so bad. Claire refuses to see that jen uses her and treats her and me like crap.

Has anyone else been in this kinda situation before?? What am i sposed to do? Any suggestions on how to handle it coz im getting to breaking point.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Have you attempted to talk to Jen asking why she treats you like that?

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i wanted to ask that question too ^_^ COPYCAT! :lol:

Michele890

Michele890 Well-Known Member

That gilr sucks. lol. You should definatly not put up with her petty, jealous ####. I know it's hard to leave a friend, but she must not be as good of a friend as you thought if she's done that to you. End of story. I think you should dump her. I have been in that situatuin before, and if it ever happend again, I would have dumped her long before I could be wondering about if I should. Good luck! :) Hopefully she'll see she was wrong :)

The only way to sort this out is to get both Jen and Claire, sit them down and confront them about this. Don't hide it amongst yourselves. Be brutally honest and just SPILL THE BEANS. If that girl (Jen) isn't ashamed of her behaviour then she needs a good kick in the ass.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, u should definately talk to both of them together. You shouldn't feel guilty about being friends with someone, and it is very stupid of Jen to do that to you. So talk to them and tell them exactly how you feel.

anyanka2040

anyanka2040 Well-Known Member

I guess i really should just bluntly ask jen what her problem is. Ive asked before but never really got an answer. i just dont want it to turn into one big cat fight. but yeah im gonna have to talk to them both together and hopefully having claire there will stop jen from being overly nasty.
    thanks for the advice

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yes thats a very good idea. good luck and tell us how did it go. ^_^