Andy Wallace Mixing New Linkin Park Album?

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

All this talk about the mixing, I think we're forgetting how involved LP (namely Mike and Brad) are in the entire process of the album, from writing to mixing to marketing. The guys are self proclaimed perfectionists. When the mix is done, if they aren't happy with it, they'll have it changed. Just look at the picture. Obviously Mike and Brad are contributing in some form or fashion to Andy Wallace's work. With that being said, the final product will sound the way LP intends for it to sound. I feel like everyone is thinking the mixer is a complete third party contributor.

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

No, he specified it's a new track. And that fits perfectly with the photo of them in the studio from December.

3. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

WTF?!

http://i.imgur.com/ZEJSW.gif

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

5. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

I feel you.

I can't get into the Self Titled too much except for a couple songs. :(

6. Bobby

Bobby Yo

So they're now in the mixing process? Album out soon then I guess :p

7. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I doubt it since they just posted a picture of the band recording gang vocals, which would indicate that they are still recording. They may be mixing for the lead single for the album or a new song for Transformers 4: Age of Extinction.

8. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Yeah, it's probably for the lead single.

9. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

A single in the next couple months is fine by me.

10. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Unless your time machine posting-photos-weeks-after-they're-taken theory is true

11. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

The only rationale I can see behind this is using it for hype in place of a full-blown marketing campaign, or a "Hey, I forgot we took this, it might be neat to post" scenario. I made that theory as mainly a joke but it is possible and would explain the photos of the mixing. I think the lead single idea is much closer to what's going on, though.

12. thor

thor Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why people keep on saying that linkin park has changed? To me they never did change. Wasn't their goal since the very beginning of the band was to combine the different styles of music that each band member liked to creat one unique sound. Well that's what their doing now and have always been. Instead of the rap and rock that we heard on HT and meteroa, it has evolve into the stuff that we hear today. Just because they started out with the rock and rap doesn't mean that's who they are because Its not who they are. Plus a reason why they've stuck with rick for so long is that he lets the band do what they want, unlike don Gilmore. So, if it wasn't for rick Linkin Park would've probably stayed with the nu metal sound and not had stuck to their root, the fusion of different styles.

13. minuteforce

I'm less inclined than others here to simply blame Don Gilmore for everything that's wrong with Linkin Park's first two full-length albums.

Clearly, on "Meteora", the band didn't really know what they wanted, other than to prove that "Hybrid Theory" wasn't a fluke. They achieved that, experimenting and expanding on (in some cases, drastically departing from) that style a little bit in the process.

Some of us might not like "Meteora" but it probably was what the band wanted it to be. Some of us might not like "Hybrid Theory" but the band definitely wanted it to be what it ended up being.

The band started working with Rick because their tastes and influences have grown and changed since 2003 and they felt, maybe still feel, that he would be the only one who could stay on the same page with them in that sense.

14. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

i honestly cant say whether this excites me or not. im kind of neutral on it, since i think most of LP's albums were mixed quite well. although, there is a distinct difference in the bass in HT/Meteora than everything else so i mean if this means this new album is going to have more bass then hell yeah. but we'll see.

i dont know if you guys have got a policy on mentioning rumors or anything (if so, i apologize in advanced, im not here very often at all...i just kinda read through stuff) but it was around on twitter today that a radio DJ said a new single was coming soon, as soon as tomorrow. he apparently heard this from 'friends at management/label'. obviously it could be complete shit talk just for hype but im still excited. something is coming soon, whether its album material or just a single for transformers, and whatever it is, the other will be following soon after, unless they use the first single for the new album for transformers. which i wouldnt mind.

basically im not picky or needy and as long as they put something out eventually, i will be very pleased.

15. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Rumors are OK, the title of the thread hints at a rumor, after all.

When it comes to the rumor that you mentioned, I'm not so sure about that. It would definitely be a huge shock and wow factor. If there's one thing LP could traditionally do and do well it's marketing (except Living Things, but that's another story), so if they were to release something with as little promotion as we've seen, I would be very surprised.

16. minuteforce

I'd argue that people now want and maybe expect a slightly unconventional approach as opposed to a more traditional marketing route. But even dropping something out of nowhere has become a little cliched, in my opinion

I guess that coming up with a new and interesting way to promote and release an album is far from easy.

17. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Maybe Paramount didn't like LP6 material & they decided LP to cover the Transformers Theme (by Lion) .. What do you think? Look, if the recording sessions for LP6 was halted in favor for TF4 soundtrack, As given time frame from Late October to December was not enough to write a new material for TF4 (New Divide took 3 to 4 months to write, I guess) so its possible to cover the Transformers Theme since they are labeled as the "Transformers Band" to today's New generation.

*Well, it actually depend since they are collaborating with Steve Aoki.

18. minuteforce

I think that that's a really far-out idea. The theme song was covered for the "Transformers: The Album" by Mutemath but no cover versions were recorded for any of the subsequent "Transformers" albums - what makes you think that this time will be any different?

19. jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

this is true lol. i just didnt want to be yelled at haha :]

it really isnt easy i dont think. especially when youve worked hard on it and all you want to do is just get it out and let everyone hear it, get it out of your hands. i personally think this new fad of just dropping shit like "oh hey btw we made this here you go" is pretty awesome. i mean now everyone is doing it yeah but i would not mind one bit if this is what the guys are gonna do. if you were on the internet for even like a second the day that beyonce dropped her latest album out of nowhere, you saw how everyone went ape shit lol. and thats awesome. i want to go ape shit over a new linkin park song/album/anything getting dropped in my lap unannounced haha. however if this rumor that this dj said is true he just basically ruined that though.

20. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Whether they release it out of the blue or not, I will still go apeshit :awesome:

But considering the guys are -presumably- working on some heavier stuff, I think it'll be more effective for them to tease it first rather than releasing it without any promotion. IF this album is what recent "hints" suggest, the hype should work on their favor.