Another LPU Tour.

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Hybrid, Aug 27, 2011.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I just was wondering if Linkin Park did another LPU tour in extremely small venues that was only available to members of the LPU, how many of you would sign up for the LPU if you haven't already? If you are a member of the LPU, how much should tickets go for? Also, should they hold a meet and greet? Should it be for everyone who attends? Should it take place before the concert and have that whole summit atmosphere? Just some thoughts I had in my head. Please discuss and add.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I'll probably keep joining the LPU for the meet and greet/pre sale opportunities.

And to be honest, I wouldn't want an LPU tour unless if it was just 3 or 4 shows. Making new music to me is much more important then the band going around playing uncommon Hybrid Theory songs or whatever shit.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I agree with Ben.
    If they were to do an LPU tour I'd only want it to be short and sweet, otherwise it will just be another world tour or something.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Coincidentally I suggested this same thing to someone in LPU only about a week ago, the exact response was that this will likely never happen again.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'd rejoin in a heartbeat if they ever did an LPU tour in the UK! :lol:

Though I'd be gutted if i couldn't buy additional tickets passes for it. That's one thing that disappointed me with the summits was that you couldn't get/buy an extra pass for a friend without having them pay for a new membership. I thought that sucked big time. Hardly any of my friends would be able to afford the $60 membership on short notice. Even if it was just one extra ticket, its better than nothing.

So if that ever happens with an LPU tour, I hope they sort that issue out otherwise I'll be let down again.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The thing was that LP paid for everything out of pocket. Tickets, handling fees, shipping, cost of renting out the venues, lighting, paying for tour crew etc. That's what made the tour such a unique thing. Fans literally didn't pay a thing, which is probably why it wont happen again. It was a tremendous cost to do back in 2003, and seeing as LPU memberships are a third of what they were back then...and yeah I don't ever see this happening again unless LPU memberships get back to Meteora-era level.

Hybrid

What if the show wasn't free though? Would you pay to go to a concert that only LPU members were invited to?

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I would like to see LP in a small venue sometime. Though I don't see it happening besides charity shows like the secret show.

Though, A meet and greet for everyone who attends defeats the purpose of a M&G. The more people attending, the less the experience you have. With everyone in a venue in there, you're lucky to even be seen.

Hybrid

There was about 300 people at the Chicago summit. Everyone there got a meet and greet. Though it is nearly impossible to fathom, I would like to see LP play to an extremely small crowd.

And Ben, yes, I would like to see them work on new music too, I was just posting an idea that came to my head to put it up for discussion.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I'd anticipate a LPU tour hitting at minimum 1,000 people per venue. 300 people in a LP show is pushing it too hard.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think it might be a cool idea but it would be a lot planning and guess work (although I'm sure the band knows more than I do, so probably a less guess work than I would think lol)