Another Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    SweetElf

SweetElf Guest

I'd like Hit The Floor to be the next single.....i think Easier To Run and Breaking the Habit would also be great! But ETR is too similar to From the Inside an BTH to Numb....at least for those people who don't really know well LP's music!!

LP4EVER

Ele

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

it would, since its such an amazing song, but its one of those songs for album buyers only, and of course kazaa leechers :p. LP would get critisized for selling out, because its close to a pop song, it has no guitars at all [/b][/quote]
    "Breaking The Habit" does have guitars.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

"Breaking The Habit" does have guitars. [/b][/quote]
    I think he didn't mean acoustic guitars :p

KrwlngFromTheInside

KrwlngFromTheInside Well-Known Member

Alot of companies are pushing larger single numbers. For instance. Craig David has had 7 singles from one album and 7 videos. Coldplay is going onto there 6th video from 1 album. Evan is said to be doing 5 singles from their album.

I don't mind, as long as they tour and work on new albums.

Figure.09 would make a great single. Catchy chorus and guitar riffs. Outstanding production

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Don't Stay as the last single, that would be mad!!! I'll have to see it, although im in the UK so thats kinda crap, but we got FTI before you so :p :lol: :lol:

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

I think that it should be Figure.09 or Lying From You. It would interesting to see Nobody's Listening as the next single, though.

Fury14

Fury14 Active Member

I think dont stay would be good, but then again so would figure 9 and lying from you ( which i would have an eccelent idea for ), any of them would be good, cause tbh if ur a true linkin park fan you shud like any song they put out B) they all own, and well all have already been mini hits, ie lying from you and dont stay were used as background songs for mtv awards, figure 9 was also used for the movie, SWAT, so basically its a toss up

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I dunno about everyone else, but I am praying that Session will be the next single... :lol: Please Mr. Hahn!!!

:mellow: no, seriously guys!

Magick

Magick Ambient

"Don't Stay" would be a good single, but "Lying From You" would be better. "Hit The Floor" would be interesting.
    I don't think they should do "Figure.09".. I think it's the worst song on the album.
    "Session" is a great song, but I don't think they'd ever release an instrumental as a single.

Will

Why do you think it's the worst song on the album? Is it because it's too much like "By Myself"?

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

hit the floor, would be the tightest vid ever!!! they need to release that, it might not do to well, but witht he huge succes of all the other song off of meteora, i dont care, time to release a hard dark vid

dashboard1

dashboard1 Member

I want it to be Easier To Run or Figure.09. They need another sad song, so Easier To Run would be a good choice, but if they don't go down the sad song path pick Figure.09. I believe Brad has some awesome guitar riffs in this and it is a very well done song.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Eh, I've never really thought of "Figure.09" when thinking about "By Myself", and vice-versa.

The chorus and bridge aggravate me because of how simple the lyrics are. It's just too cliched and definitely not the highlight of the album.

Will

Eh, I've never really thought of "Figure.09" when thinking about "By Myself", and vice-versa.

The chorus and bridge aggravate me because of how simple the lyrics are. It's just too cliched and definitely not the highlight of the album. [/b][/quote]
    lol.

Well what I meant was the layout of the songs. Both of them are very similar structurally.

Kyriel

Kyriel Member

Just because we don't want a certain song to be made into a single doesn't mean we don't like it. ^^

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Guys! Breaking The Habit is a personal song to Mike and it will never and I mean never be considered as a single. Its about something that happened in the family of one of Mike's friends and is extremely important to him. He stated that because of how personal it is, that Linkin Park will never release it onto the radio. So stop saying "I WANT BREAKING THE HABIT AS THE NEXT SINGLE!" because you should know it wont happen in this lifetime.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I WANT BTH 2 BE A SINGLE!!! MIKE WOULD LOOK KOOOOOT IN DA VID!!!! HE DOES A FANTASTIC JOB N THA SONG!!!1111OMG!!!

J/P.

Anyways, I dont think BTH is a poppy song. Just because something is soft doesnt mean its poppy. It's too emotional and a lot of kids wouldn't know what to think of it - because they wouldn't know what it's about. Sort of like By Myself - the song seems pretty easy for us to figure out but a lot of people don't understand it because they can't relate.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I agree with you Derek but just imagine if it did become a single becoause I remember Mike telling us that Linkin Park doesnt have 100% control over what song they want to release out next. He said that In The End its all up to Warner what song turns video but I dont think BTH will be the next video and it better not be Easier to run :angry:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The fact that the structure's similar doesn't bother me too much, though.

Will

I agree with you Derek but just imagine if it did become a single becoause I remember Mike telling us that Linkin Park doesnt have 100% control over what song they want to release out next. He said that In The End its all up to Warner what song turns video but I dont think BTH will be the next video and it better not be Easier to run :angry: [/b][/quote]
    You complain a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.