Any one like Usher or ne hip-hop??

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by xXLPGurlXx, Jul 23, 2004.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Guys like Usher, Eminem, or Twista, who actually has some rapping skills, are fine for me to listen to. But then you get these guys like Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, 213 whose every other word is "ho" or "biatch" pisses the hell out of me, especially when the tune isn't even good either.

I just heard 213 (Snoopy Dogg, Warren G, Nate Dogg) on TV the other day, and I changed the channel right after they started out with "I told you she's a hoooooooooooe". :rolleyes:

And Will, that's a kickass avatar.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

The closest thing to rap that I listen to is Linkin Park, Crazy Town, and 311. I hate rap, atleast the stupid kind that raps about hoes, rims, chicken & beer. Most 'rappers' today just want to be rich. Most 'rappers' today can't rap. I don't get why people like 50 Cent, I really don't. He mumbles. His 'raps' are lame. He got shot in the head or whatever so people love him, and all the girls think he's hot which is annoying. A lot of lyrics are negative towards women, and even though I must say I like a lot of the videos they make...it doesn't make it right. And it's the stupidest thing, IMO, when rap artists make up their own words or phrases. Fo` shizzle.

R&B can be OK...like uh...actually I don't like R&B...not the genre, just what I've heard. It's not my thing. I also don't like listening to every 15 year old girl who thinks she can sing and is writing lyrics abour her boyfriend breaking up with her, or cheating on her or something. It's been done just like everything else, except thats annoying, cause I really don't care if... FeFe ... or whatever the hell her name is ... wants somebody to leave! right now! I don't care, I don't.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

One word:

Canibus

Best.Rapper.Ever

(IMO)

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

One word:

Canibus

Best.Rapper.Ever

(IMO) [/b][/quote]
    :lol: Who the hell is canibus!?

$pvcxGhxztCasey

:lol: Who the hell is canibus!? [/b][/quote]
    The best rapper alive. Here's a sample of his lyrics from Poet Laureate II:

That's only the second verse, too. :p

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

The best rapper alive. Here's a sample of his lyrics from Poet Laureate II:

That's only the second verse, too. :p [/b][/quote]

*Gets the dictionary out.*

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Canibus has to read Dr. Seuss books once in a while to remember what simple rhymes are like.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I used to like rap but I don't anymore. I don't like it because they have samples that keep repeating and eventually get stuck in your head with lyrics that mostly talk about very inappropriate sexual things and their personal lives.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

All of you talk about how you hate rap because of the personal issues they rap about and the hoes and whatnot. Well let me ask you a question?

Do you go out of your way to find the very best in rap? Because you're not going to be able to judge any type of music if you just listen to what's in the mainstream, guys. You have to go out and search for the good stuff, because it's not just going to pop up on MTV (except Ma$e. He's on MTV :whistle:).

So yeah. Get Kazaa. Go to a record store. Search for the good stuff. Don't let the mainstream rap fool you. Although there are plenty of decent/good mainstream rap artists. :teehee:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Your right. I've only heard the mainstream rap and it was silly for me to give my opinion on a whole genre without taking some time to search for some rap that I would like. Can you recommend any rap besides Canibus. I'll check his music out. :)

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, my reason may be wrong but it's simple. I just prefer to hear rock music with loud guitars which is why I don't like hip hop music. For me, it doesn't really involve the lyrics. I don't like the style and how they act either but that's just me.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Glady, my friend. :p

If you want some mainstream, check out Twista & Kayne West. Granted Twista raps about some of more cliche things in rap, but to hear the way he raps is well worth it.

The Ghetto/Getto Boyz are pretty good. Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta is a class song, IMO. The beat is nice, too.

I can't really reccomend any underground just yet, because I'm still digging for the good ####. But like I said, some mainstream is good. The Ghetto Boyz & Canibus aren't exactly underground, but aren't exactly mainstream either. Twista & Kanye are mainstream now. Coolio's Gangsta Paradise is nice. :lol:

When I find some more good ####, I'll tell you.

EDIT: A friend who is big into Underground Rap told me to check out Atmosphere and Sage Francis. So check them out, too.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Your right. I've only heard the mainstream rap and it was silly for me to give my opinion on a whole genre without taking some time to search for some rap that I would like. Can you recommend any rap besides Canibus. I'll check his music out. :) [/b][/quote]
    MC Lars - He sampled Brand New and raps about Edgar Allan Poe and how English people view Americans.

Zack La Rocha - He was in RATM...

Sage Francis - He had a part on one of Bad Religion's songs, and it sounded pretty good to me.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Was De La Rocha's CD released? Only song I can find is March Of Death and Battleflag.

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop/r&b ect...
    I can't stand Usher.. all of his songs sound the same and.... his music is just.. sickening (to me). The only thing good about Usher is "Yeah".
    B2K... I don't like. I thought they would last longer but thank God they split up. :whistle:
    ATL? :blink: ... never heard of them.
    Even if I "go out of my way to find the very best in rap" I still won't like what I hear.
    The only rapper I like is Eminem. His lyrics have meaning and I really like what he says. I'm not dead crazy about him, but he's cool.
    And, yes I like The Beastie Boys, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park... yeah that's about all.
    I'm not saying I hate rap/hip-hop/r&b, I'm just not into that kind of music... it's not my style. Even if you showed me the best rapper.. I still wouldn't become a fan because I'm just not into that kind of music.
    What I do like is Rock. Yes.. the very best.. in my opinion. :innocent:

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I like Kanye West, Eminem, D12, Amerie, DMX, Black Eyed Peas, The Beastie Boys, and acts like that, but those Gangster bitches and hoes rappers I can't stand.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

I like all kinds of rap, hip-hop and R&B... but that's just because I'll listen to any music that's on the radio/tv/whatever. Mainstream crap is good to me.

(Which can obviously be seen in my sig. :lol: )

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's getting delayed an awful lot...

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

oh yeah! damn! i forgot cypres hill! i like them as well by the way.

note to self: cypres hill cd.

TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Theres alot of Hiphop and rap that I like and alot of that I hate.. Same with all types of music. some rappers i like are... Eminem and Nelly... I like the way they sound and Em's lyrics are usually pretty deep ( you may disagree) . I like some alot of Usher's stuff too. But I prefer LP over them all!