Anybody Watch The Mtv2 Playback Thing?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Magick, Jul 27, 2002.

Magick

Magick Ambient

I wanted to watch it to hear all of the tracks off Reanimation, but I missed like the first 20 minutes. I caught "P5hng Me A*wy" and everything after that, though.
    But let me say, the videos they played during the music were absolutely weird, the vid for "P5hng Me A*wy" was gross. :wacko: But some vids were bearable, Joe made an appearance in some of them, so it was cool. ^_^

Anyone else watch it and/or have any comments?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

what did the vids look like?
    i didnt watch it, i dont have mtv2 :angry:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Oh, jeez, they were just.. :blink: Let me describe the "P5hng Me A*wy" vid to you.. there's this really fat man sitting at a table in what looks like a basement. He's cutting up this huge slimey thing, and there's someone inside there, I think. And in the end, the fat man tears away at his skin and then he's skinny. :huh: Another one of the videos showed a woman in the woods by herself, everything was really green, in the end, I think these twig-like things were wrapping around her. Mmm.. lemme tell you one more.. the "1stp Klosr" vid was at this kid's party. And I think a guy who was supposed to be the father of the kid was really angry about something, while his wife (I think) was outside having fun, acting kind of drunk, I think. And the kids at the party were just hitting this piñata. :unsure: And I was just like wtf are up with these videos. :p
    Aww, sorry, you didn't miss out on much at all, you're better off just buying the album than watching what I just explained. :D

Last edited by Magick at Jul 27 2002, 04:15 PM

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Don't have MTV2 either, but I heard Mike, Motion and Kurt were riding in a LIMO! what's goin down in there LOL

Magick

Magick Ambient

That was probably in one of the vids I missed. :(

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

The guys said it was for a low budget in the end so you probably missed it then :(

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

ah, i saw them, they were all tight, word up...but P5hng Me A*wy was quite disturbing, dude its WAY worst than papercut :blink: [i was scurred]
    i liked Enth E Nd though, i thought it was kool it didnt seem so low budgety to me, Omi :lol: Heh, but did anyone see the PPr:Kut vid? i thought it was hilarious!... i also saw many familiar locations, seems like most of them were filmed in L.A. OoOh, i loved them all but P5hng Me A*wy was scurry :(

Magick

Magick Ambient

I easily forget, which one was PPr:Kut? :huh:

Last edited by Magick at Jul 27 2002, 08:21 PM

Bn/Thg:930

Bn/Thg:930 Guest

Can somebody post what all of them were like?

CinnamonSpider

exactly, i wouldnt be able to explain all of them, there were too many videos and to remember for what exact song it was played for...i wouldnt be able to do that...but i sure do remember PPr:Kut, okay it was the video with the ppl in the dark room with a greenlight being flashed at them [i'm assuming it's nightvision?] and they would juz sit/stand there in the dark, some of them would dance some would juz stand there and then after about 10 secs they would twitch and scream :lol: i guess they were being poked or somethin? dude, i dont know what they were doing to them but their reaction was funny! tha one that was really funny, was this lady that was juz standing there and captions on the bottom said "am i going to get naked here? :) ....ok" hahaha, i loved the video! it was soo funny to me

Last edited by SubconsciousMelody at Jul 28 2002, 02:12 AM

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Oh, jeez, they were just.. :blink: Let me describe the "P5hng Me A*wy" vid to you.. there's this really fat man sitting at a table in what looks like a basement. He's cutting up this huge slimey thing, and there's someone inside there, I think. And in the end, the fat man tears away at his skin and then he's skinny. :huh: Another one of the videos showed a woman in the woods by herself, everything was really green, in the end, I think these twig-like things were wrapping around her. Mmm.. lemme tell you one more.. the "1stp Klosr" vid was at this kid's party. And I think a guy who was supposed to be the father of the kid was really angry about something, while his wife (I think) was outside having fun, acting kind of drunk, I think. And the kids at the party were just hitting this piñata. :unsure: And I was just like wtf are up with these videos. :p
    Aww, sorry, you didn't miss out on much at all, you're better off just buying the album than watching what I just explained. :D[/b][/quote]
    if you think about the video of P5hng Me A*wy though...it kinda fits. in the song, it talks about being something ur not, changing for someone and not being true to urself. and in the video, the man is pretending to be fat(lol) and at the end, he realize's he needs to be himself, so he shedded the fat and became his regular, skinny self. lol

ummm...i dunno if that makes sence to anyone else?? :unsure:

CinnamonSpider

:eek: whoa, i like the way you think ;) that's kinda what i was thinkin. but there was some sort of cycle as you noticed that the 'skinny man' was about to eat another cocoon type shyts towards the end, so he was going to take another form? soooo, this dude was takin on different personalities
    basically it's 'Stop Pretending' theme

but i'm thinkin that theres another meaning towards the eating aspect :unsure:
    dude, but that vid was sure damn creepy :blink:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

:eek: whoa, i like the way you think ;) that's kinda what i was thinkin. but there was some sort of cycle as you noticed that the 'skinny man' was about to eat another cocoon type shyts towards the end, so he was going to take another form? soooo, this dude was takin on different personalities
    basically it's 'Stop Pretending' theme

but i'm thinkin that theres another meaning towards the eating aspect :unsure:
    dude, but that vid was sure damn creepy :blink:[/b][/quote]
    well...i didnt actually see the video, i thought up what it was about from what Magick posted..

CinnamonSpider

oooh okay, hMm, seems like not many ppl on here got to peep the Playpack shyt :unsure:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Ohhh yeah, I remember that one; that was one of the few I actually liked. ^_^ I would watch the video and wait for each time the person would twitch, hehhe. :p Did you catch Joe in there? He twitched, too. :lol:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Hmm.. that sounds about right. :) I hadn't thought of that. I still don't get that slime thing, though. :unsure:

CinnamonSpider

Ohhh yeah, I remember that one; that was one of the few I actually liked. ^_^ I would watch the video and wait for each time the person would twitch, hehhe. :p Did you catch Joe in there? He twitched, too. :lol:[/b][/quote]
    :lol: yep i saw him in there!
    mann, i can watch that video over and over again and laugh my ass off everytime i see them twitch! :lol: i'm so :wub: with that video! :p

LPchick4ever

LPchick4ever Ambient

ooohhh i didnt see joe! :(