Apocalyptica

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Moridin, Jan 4, 2015.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I see it's been a fucking long time since there's been an Apocalyptica thread on here. They have a new album coming out in April called "Shadowmaker", here's the first single (& title track)

[video=youtube;NGZo58hxG7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGZo58hxG7c[/video]

As I understand it, the new album will include vocals on every track & they will be by the one vocalist Franky Perez (unlike previous albums where they only had a few songs that included vocals per album, & those would be by various singers on each album). Perez will also tour with Apocalyptica this cycle.

Aside from that they recently released a theme for Angry Birds, called "On Finn Ice"
    [video=youtube;m_PQKd-2EOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PQKd-2EOM[/video]

So what do you think of the new stuff? What's your favourite from the old stuff?

GO!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

New track is pretty disappointing. Liked the band better as it was before.

Moridin

I wasn't keen on "Shadowmaker" at first but it's grown on me a ton. One of the main differences I find between it and previous tracks with vocal is it's actually treated like one of their own songs (it's 8 minutes long! & the instrumental is great), not like a radio single. This helps massively. Dudes voice is mixed too far out in front, though.

I do prefer them by themselves, though. Cult is my favourite album by them, & 7th Symphony would be a close second if you cut the vocal tracks (End of Me, Not Strong Enough, Broken Pieces & Bring Them to Light. The former 3 are just generic radio songs) & added the bonus songs (Through Paris in a Sportscar & The Shadow of Venus.

Also, the Angry Birds theme is fucking awesome.

EDIT: And I just realised, when this comes out it'll be almost 5 years since they released a full length album. Fuck.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Moridin

Shadowmaker has grown on me a hell of a lot.

Looking back at their past singles for the last ... fuck, since Cult, they're pretty much all "radio songs",
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptica_discography#Singles
    and Shadowmaker kicks the shit out of all of them.

If this is the "lead single" then I'm very much looking forward to the album.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Is there really any need to constantly update threads like this, Suns Of The Tundra and Scale The Summit when little to no one else but you is participating?

Moridin

Constantly? Lets break this down, shall we?

SotT thread (which you posted in), has 8 posts total & was created 3 months ago.
    StS (which you posted in), 5 posts total, created over 2 months ago.
    This thread has existed a little over a week and has now, because of you posting here, a whopping 5 posts.

Yeah, get a load of all that constant posting. (<- sarcasm, BTW.)

All three bands have upcoming albums & all three threads have enough views, and yes, replies, that I figure there's at least a couple of people interested, so I occasionally add something, (particularly for SotT as their fanbase is miniscule so it's nice to keep their name floating around).

If you think there's a problem with this take it up with the mods. Otherwise, stop clicking on threads of bands you don't like and then complaining about them.