ATS Pre-Listening Fan Notes 08/30/10

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

A pre-listening event took place today for LPU members to hear A Thousand Suns. Here is a fan "first impression" review from Evan Montgomery. Spoilers Ahead.

Firstly, Waiting For The End will be Linkin Park's next single.

-------------

1. The Requiem - This song is funny because it's actually Mike singing. I'm not saying what he sounds like, but when you hear it and think "Mike Shinoda" you can't help but laugh.

2. The Radiance - Interlude, kind of meh.

3. Burning In The Skies - This song. This song caught me from the start. The lyrics are real deep (to me) and I still remember them: "Swimming through the smoke of the bridges I have burned / Dont apologize / I'm losing what I don't deserve"

4. Empty Spaces - Another interlude. Sounds of crickets and marching and gun battles (like civil war)

5. When They Come For Me - I don't remember this song much but Chester had some amazing lyrics going on in this song.

6. Robot Boy - A really strong song. Mike sings in this one and its kind of like hes yelling at a little kid.

7. Jornada Del Muerto - An interlude. Kind of depressing because I was looking forward to this song a lot.

8. Waiting For The End - The next single. Kind of forgot about this song now though. =\

9. Blackout - Dear god. Chester screams his face off in this song. Its amazing. The last part of the song is awkward though on first listen. It transitions into a different sound and you think its the next track, but isn't.

10. Wretches And Kings - Oh dear lord. If you don't play this song at max volume then you can't judge it. Mikes rapping is ridiculous. Chester's singing is ridiculous. This song will MELT FACE LIVE.

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love - Another interlude. This one is of a speech by MLK which gets more distorted as it goes on which leads into...

12. Iridescent - This is one of my favorite songs. It has some epic drumming (think Across the line / TLTGYA build up drumming) along with some sweet chanting, I guess? Really drew me in.

13. Fallout - Another interlude, but this one I liked. Mike took Chester's lyrics from "Burning in the Skies" (the lyrics from above) sang them, then distorted his voice. I thought it was cool.

14. The Catalyst - Lol you know.

15. The Messenger - Starts with acoustic guitar, then Chester singing with acoustic guitar, then some piano?

Thanks to Evan for sharing his thoughts. Follow Evan on Twitter here, and read the full blog post here.

Please feel free to share your experience if you attended this event in our comments section.

Source: Evan's Blog

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

I really wanna hear Burning In The Skies and Wretches and Kings.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm loving that line from Burning In The Skies. I cannot wait for this album.

tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

I really wish i did not read this, but it was so tempting to read lol. And now I am just dying to listen to the album more than ever!

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

LOL

Thanks to the guy who's memory was erased afterwards :p

But seriously, we need more of these notes though. These comments seem to be made like to an entirely different album then Ana's listened to ;)

THANKS FOR MAKING NOTES AND POSTING!!!

m3te0ra m4n

m3te0ra m4n Well-Known Member

Good. Everyone in there had diffferent views of the CD. Just dont take anything Ive said into consideration? You NEED to go into it with an open mind.

Joe

I've actually avoided most of it, not bad to say I posted it. :lol: It's not very often we post fan reviews, but with the lengthy discussion in the shoutbox with Adam and others, I felt I'd create the thread for people to talk about the album! Especially with it nearing so close.

Nameless

Nameless Well-Known Member

i bet Evan is on fire right now :D

m3te0ra m4n

Im trying to chillax right now before I sleep :D CANT WAIT until the Laser show!

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I want to read a real in-depth review about this album at some point. Shouldn't be too long now...

I can't wait until September 14th.

Joe

...you could say he's burning in the fires of a thousand suns. :shifty:

...yes, I said it. :lol:

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Ohhhhhh god I shouldnt have read that. I want it now more than ever :(

blahblah123

blahblah123 Member

Based on your opinion, do you think the hype A Thousand Suns has been getting is suitable for the quality of the album?

m3te0ra m4n

In my eyes it lived up to it. Especially on the second round of songs. I think with each successive listen youll find you will like it so much more.

Joe

I know you said you saw the lyrics booklet, did you get to see much of the art inside of it? and did it look as badass as we expect it to look if you did? :lol:

m3te0ra m4n

Oh man the art is so crazy. The lyrics in some parts are like doubled then printed sideways. The whole art concept for this album is radically different.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Could you actually compare it to any previous work from the band or is it a completely new Linkin Park?

Joe

Sounds awesome. I can just imagine what you mean and I know it's going to accompany the album really well. Can't wait to see the whole CD & packaging.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Darn, 2 weeks are like 2 months now...

m3te0ra m4n

Its different. Though most of us came to the conclusion that the ATS album art represented the CD well.

Correct. The lyrics booklet was pretty amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.