AUDIO: "Issho Ni" - Listen to the New Linkin Park Instrumental

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I don't see why people care so much. They are putting something out to make some money for people in need. As long as people donate it doesn't matter how good the music is on the CD.

Plus, the instrumental is definitely not poorly made. It's just a basic lull you to sleep song with a strong ending. There's plenty of stuff worse than this. At least it's soothing.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Travz nailed it. Its for charity. Who gives a fuck if its good or not. Whether or not someone pays 10 shouldn't depend on if the song is good. The donation should be done based on goodwill.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Linkin Parks donation to Japan will be remembered. This song will probably not be. But who cares its a Charity Cause, Not LPs next big album.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I myself enjoyed it a lot. A very ambient track, and the "ahhs" at the end give it a nice touch. It would be nice to see some sort of lyrics added to the track, but I feel it holds its own nonetheless.

As far as some of the comments I read, it would be nice to hear some kind of real explanation other than "meh" or "yawn". The track was done in a week, meaning it's not going to be perfect, and it was made for a great cause.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

In all honesty, I don't see why people are even discussing why this song would even be bad when it was made for the Relief of Japan. This song wasn't made to blow our minds and be a masterpiece. I think that if it indeed was made for this special occasion, that it was meant to be a slow song that incorporates the emotions of this issue. Nobody wants a heavy fast paced song for something that we should be mourning for. Personally I actually quite enjoy this. It's to me, Linkin park's departure from the almost negative feel of ATS. Though I know this is wishful thinking, this may be just a little tiny taste of what's to come. If this is indeed a newly made song, I could see Mike and the crew putting in some of their new creative energy into this song. And you know what???? I'm loving this. So keep it coming!

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're absolutely right, I myself donated to my national Red Cross' fund for Japan without getting any music or anything back, but we are still allowed to discuss the quality of the song, are we? :D

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I too donated (I could easily have found this song without donating)

Me, along with others, are just stating for the record what we think of the song itself. Nobody said we were expecting something big. I don't think anybody on this forum is dumb enough to have had high hopes for the quality of the song. I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to comment on the quality of a Linkin Park song on a Linkin Park forum.

I'm thrilled that my favorite band is going through these efforts when other big artists aren't really stepping up the plate quite like this. It makes me proud to be a fan of them.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Wow! I really love the slow buildup. I don't know why, but it moved me, especially the 2nd half. Words would have totally ruined the effect. I like that it's an instrumental. Plus, it awakened my dead muse for a particular story i was writing and need to finish like ASAP or else fail. Thank you Mike Shinoda.

Final rating = :thumbsup:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're welcome.

-m

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;kTLpdo7ilMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTLpdo7ilMs[/video]

lakoniasm

lakoniasm What do I type here?

A good solid song that has more symbolism which makes it a huge song...Gonna donate soon :) great job lp

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

First listen I wasn't sure about it btw. I've grown to love it on re-listens.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He said "masterpiece", not "something that's pretty good considering".

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I had the best experience on my headphones opposed to my speakers. I can't say I love it by any means, but it's alright (and may I add, LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME given the conditions).

They should play it live at their next show.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

The LP fan in me is forcing me to like it... Can't like that happen.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I like it a lot. Minimalist production, and very Japanese (intentionally or unintentionally). This is a calm and composed track, no cheesy vocals. The beats are just right and not too aggressive. The end gives a very hopeful vibe. For a second there, I thought this song was a hidden track in Kid A. :)

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Very NIN mood to it. I thought it was pretty badass, due to the situation I have a feeling it is supposed to be stripped down, but uplifting nonetheless. Apparently "stripped down" = terrible, lazy and boring in this place. I also love the fact that people are comparing it to Radiohead/ NIN etc, then saying it's lazy, high expectations much? I rank this up there in the top 3 instrumentals and the awesome Muse-esque Fuzz Factory distortion throughout only adds to it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Short instrumental tracks put together at short notice for charity = serious business

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

What is this trying to prove? That they can make a masterpiece in a week?

1.) Is this really a masterpiece?
    2.) Do you know how long this even took?

{L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

Great cause, weak instrumental. Love the effort though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.