AUDIO: Previously Unreleased Hybrid Theory 6-Track Internal Demo CD (May 8th, 2000)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 15, 2012.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Even better, we'll also get those 10 new demos in LPU12. I'm very impatient to hear those :)

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Nice! I'll give it a listen.

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

When listening to LPs demos, I haven't found one that I like better than it's final album version, but it's incredible to listen to and pick out the difference, wonder who said what and wear to make it happen. Though, I did have to change after the Dust Brothers ending.

And the bit about Mike's absence, and whether that's just the state of the demos or the "Get Me Gone" scenario is an intriguing question. It's slightly frightening to wonder what the band would have been like if the label got their way.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Wow, these are really awesome! Thanks!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What makes this weird is how the date on the CD appears to conflict with the date of another CD. The "Unmastered Studio Finals" came out a day before this CD was apparently pressed (May 7th vs May 8th) and yet the songs featured on both CDs are dramatically different from eachother and have different names.

It's weird.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I think the "Studio Finals" has the european date. 5/June/2000

Derek

Could potentially be it. Would explain a lot.

jFar920

jFar920 Well-Known Member

I also noticed that, but I didn't want to say something and feel stupid if someone else pointed it out

The June 5th date does make a lot more sense, since David Kahne Mix was released June 2nd and sounds a lot more like the Studio Finals. But why would a US CD have that date style? Or was it not from the US?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    Derek

It's weird, it has McDermott's contact information (suggesting it should be US date format) and yet the audio on the CD is in stark contrast to what was on the Unmastered CD. Confusing as fuck.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I wanted to say "5/JULY/2000".
    At least is how I always thought, since I'm european :p Never read the date in the US format.
    And the David Kahne Mix has a strange fact on it. The date on the cover is "June 2, 2000" but on the CD it is 5/01/2000 :obama:

EDIT: maybe the date on the David Kahne Mix is 6/01/2000 and not 5/01/2000. That makes sense, assuming that the cover was printed the day after

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    erasus

erasus Well-Known Member

Love how the name is spelled with a simple black marker :) thx for this

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

One Step Closer has no vocal input from Mike on the studio version. Clear as day on the Rock Band acapella.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Your all giddy now but watch, some of these are going to end up on LPU12 and then your all going to bitch.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

haha i don't think we will get much HT related because that's what we have most of. I hope for that one left MTM b-side or whatever, some ATS demos, some LT demos, a medley studio version, and one Meteora demo with Vocals

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

You're absolutely right! Why don't we all get a head-start on all of the bitching and just start now? :rolleyes:
    Seriously, thanks LPA and Ginger for this awesomeness!

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I knew I wasn't crazy when I said I didn't hear Mike on OSC. Thanks for clearing this up!

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I know alot of ppl dont like Meteora but we havent got alot of Meteora demo's with vocals just faint and figure 09 i think those are the only 2.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

yep those are the only ones, and I don't want previous versions of the song either. there has to be at least one song with vocals that like didn't make the album or something, that's what I want.

Spidey

Spidey Member

First of all, i want to tell you that i've been following this site for like 2 years. And finally i decided to register in order to take part in the forum. Also i've listened to these HT demos and it was really fun to hear some changes in these songs compared to what the end result is that we have. So i've been reading this page and also others and i wanted to point out that i don't know if Mike is going to respond in that thing that he was talking about in "Get Me Gone", but it's a relief indeed that LP decided to take a different path from the one that the label, critics and probably many fans wanted them to take. I'm not going to open the whole "Meteora is a copy of Hybrid Theory" topic again, i've seen it many times, i just want to say that i've been wondering this: If Meteora was different and not so safe as an album as we have seen in the latest LPU demo cds, does that mean that also all the other albums that came after it would be kind of different due to the evolution coming faster? Are we ever going to take a respond to that from the band? Just imagine if MTM would be kind of different in spots. Let me also say that i love this album and i'm not dissapointed with it, it's just curiosity of how different things were going to be for this album and for the other two that came after it.

20. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Awesome :)