Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by HypnoToad, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

New enemies:

[​IMG]

There is new info out as well about the new episodes. The gang will get new costumes. Book 2 will be called 'Spirits'. They're bringing in two writers from Avatar to work on Season 2, so Bryan can focus more on design and art. More info can be found on the interwebz!

EDIT:

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Comic...Book_2_Spirit_Details_New_Characters/33795088

[video=youtube;V2Ws3wOZFZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ws3wOZFZs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Korra's Dad (20 year-old)

[​IMG]

Korra's Uncle

[​IMG]

Slightly different Korra outfit

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I came.

3. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Glad I could help with that.

I'll just drop this here...

[thumb]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74hv7SZuu1rso3dfo2_1280.jpg[/thumb]

[thumb]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74hv7SZuu1rso3dfo1_1280.jpg[/thumb]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Adult Katara and Adult Zuko! FINALLY!

I'm disappointed in the lack of Suki and Mai.

5. Calvin

Calvin The rhythm projects 'round the next sound... LPA VIP

Have you read the comic books that came after the original series? There's some weird goings-on with Suki, Mai and Zuko.

6. Minus

The Promise? Yeah I read them as soon as they come out.

I don't think anything will come of it though. A lack of Sokka/Suki means Sokka/Toph, which means that Tenzin and Lin are/were dating cousins.

Also, Book 2 Animatics, anyone?

[youtube]lDaqbIBC_ts[/youtube]

7. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

My only source for this statement is Facebook, but rumor has it Korra is signed on for at least a fourth season.

8. Minus

Um, yeah. Way behind there partner. It'll be 2 seasons, but 4 books. Or possibly 3.

9. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Oh whoops. :lol:

10. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

So, with the new necroposting rules... this is okay, right? Anyways:

[video=youtube;0B3ARCk0-pI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0B3ARCk0-pI[/video]

Excited yet?

11. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Yes and very yes. Hnnnnnng

12. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

So, what'ya think of the premiere?

I liked the new episodes. But Korra was annoying the shit out of me with her bitchy behaviour.

Liking the new setting, the animation (although clunky at times) really looks great, especially during battle scenes. You can tell at times that a different animation studio has worked on this, but given the new setting, it doesn't bother me too much.

The backstory of Korra's father was great (you can tell where she gets her arrogance from) and her uncle is also pretty awesome. The interaction between Bolin and the twins is pretty solid as well, although I'd like him to be less of a Sokka clone. Mako's character has been improved a bit, so that's positive.

The spirits are also pretty cool. And every scene Tenzin-related was just great. Overall, liking what I've seen so far, really curious where they're gonna go with this.

13. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

So the last post in this thread was for the start of the PREVIOUS season... unacceptable!

14. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Season 3 has been pretty amazing. Obviously, SPOILERS AHEAD

Studio Mir's back (YES), Korra's finally acting her age (YES), no more love triangles (YES) and a badass group of villains.

I really wonder what their endgame is. They wanted to kidnap Korra back in the day so they obviously need her for something. These 4 also have great chemistry and kind of remind me of "Team Avatar" in that they look like 4 very close friends.. which is pretty interesting, since they're villains.

I also have this weird feeling that some characters will be killed during this season. I honestly thought they were gonna kill off Zuko in ep 4, when the villains released "Combustion Woman" from her prison, just to show how ruthless they truly are.. but that didn't happen. Still, I have this feeling shit is going down. Although, I must say, this could be me that's gotten used to characters being in constant danger (thanks GoT..).

The family issues with Lin are interesting as well. Makes you wonder who the dads are. Lin's sister kind of has a dark skin tone so... fuck knows, Sokka might be involved.

Mako and Bolin have been great so far, especially now with their "new brother" Kai. I wasn't sure how to feel about Kai, but he's turning into a pretty interesting character. He kind of reminds me of Aang, in a way.

The Earth Queen's a bitch. But she's entertaining. Still, she's probably gonna start a war. And with Republic City being Korra-less, things might get ugly there.

Kya was kicking ass during her fight with Zaheer as well, good to see what she's capable of.

Can't wait for next week's ep 6 and 7.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[​IMG]

16. Minus

IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE ENTIRE SERIES OF LEGEND OF KORRA, DO NOT READ OR CLICK ANYTHING ON THIS POST. INVISIBLE TEXT BETWEEN EACH LINK.

NOW REMEMBER, THIS IS ALL ANIMATED WITH INTENT. EACH BEAT, EACH EXPRESSION, EACH GESTURE WAS PLANNED WHEN IT COMES TO CARTOONS.

Proof #1
    Asami is the one that Korra leans on after the horrible press conference at the beginning of Book 3.
    Proof #2
    Asami unconsciously moves closer to Korra when she steps away.
    Proof #3
    The bonding moment in the car. Korra even mentions that she's never had a girl friend before. Obviously at that point it means something else (slightly), but the framework is there, establishing trust and a deep friendship.
    Proof #4
    Korra lifts Mako into a tornado to impress Asami.
    Proof #5
    Korra tries to find an excuse to stay in Ba Sing Se longer. Asami swoops in to save the day. Notice how Korra is constantly darting her eyes towards Asami for assistance. Then that smug grin she gets when Asami delivers.

Also previously they had fought Earth Kingdom bandits together and Asami helped Korra vent by getting kicked and punched (albeit wearing pads).
    Proof #6
    Look how worried Asami is when the guard says Korra will get no water. She goes from serious to worried REALLY fast. Look at those eyebrows.
    Proof #7
    Korra smiles and looks at Asami for a tad bit too long before turning to Mako. He is over halfway through what he's saying before she turns to pay attention.
    Proof #8
    Korra is meditating in Zaofu. Asami watches over her body. Clear parallel to Katara watching over Aang's body and P'Li watching over Zaheer's. Lovers always stand guard. In addition, look at the stance in which she's sitting. Worried as fuck. Further, she totally pulls a move that most guys (and most girls, probably) have pulled before. She grows concerned, and reaches her hand to rest it on Korra's knee. Then Korra turns to face her. And Asami very smoothly (but not really in context) moves her hand to under her own leg.
    Proof #9
    "We're with you Korra." Then a super subtle Asami nod. That was completely unnecessary for the animators. But it warranted enough importance that Asami, not Mako or Bolin, silently agreed with what Tonraq and Suyin are saying.
    Proof #10
    Immediately after, Mako and Bolin are arguing. Fairly loudly. Asami is completely lost in thought, arms wrapped protectively around herself and looking ridiculously worried. For whom, I imagine?
    Proof #11
    Asami looks more worried for Korra's well-being than Mako, her ex. Hmmm.

And those are just the SUBTLE moments in Book 3. Not the blatant ones. Need I go on?

17. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Please do. I want more of this.

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

What he said.

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I highlighted the entire post and clicked all the links. I have only watched season 1 of Korra so far.
    :)