Avenged Sevenfold: Republican And Proud

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You know what, I like some of Avenged Sevenfold's music but after reading this I don't like them as people whatsoever. It's not even the fact that they're pro-bush that annoys me but it's the fact that they're completly slamming alot of talented bands who do have quite a good anti-establishment message, if they don't like that kind of thing then why the hell would they go on the warped tour when they know damn well that most of the bands on the bill are gonna be punk-rock/anti-establishment bands.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Unless that isn't the whole article or the interview was edited in such a way, it would have been nice if he had presented more of his own views instead of basically slagging off democrats.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Artists just shouldn't show their political views like that.

It's okay to have an image but this is just trying to get attention.

They now want to be considered pro-bush because apparently too many other bands are anti-bush so that isn't special anymore.

I like their music but this is just stupîd...

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

He didn't just bash Democrats, if you read it closely enough.

He says that Republicans are excessively closed-minded while the democrats are a bunch of idiots that follow Michael Moore...which isn't too far from the truth. A lot of the younger voters today are heavily swayed by the media and they'll believe anything they read or see. Hence why bands like Green Day or people like Michael Moore are so outspoken about their views. They want to sway the vote. Calling all democrats idiots was a bit far, sure, but a lot of people are idiots.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Wow, I just lost a lot of respect for them.

Dean

I did notice that, but the rest is more or less mindless democrat-bashing. Besides, if they have shirts as described then they probably aren't as open-minded as they might fancy themselves. Chances are people wouldn't get that impression if they saw one, anyway.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
    Christopher

Yeah, me too.

@BuriedxTragedy: I think Green Day or Micheal Moore are actually doing a good thing.

Asspecially Micheal Moore, he's making people realise that there's something wrong with our world.
    He isn't bashing anyone like Shadows did, he uses humour which has always been used to point out mistakes.

It's impossible not to choose sides but it isn't impossible to respect people's opinion or view about things.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I am neither democrat nor republican, and this affects me in no way, due to the fact I listen to the music, and could care less what their views on politics are.

Some of you are "special," seriously.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I may not be in the middle, but you bring up the best point out of them all. Most of you people on here hate A7X anyways, so why the hell would it matter for their political views. So what, they're republicans. Since you people all think W. is fucking Adolf Hitler, you lose respect.

To me, it's all about the music, and it should stick that way.

*AloneInHerDarkRoom*

*AloneInHerDarkRoom* Well-Known Member

I've known A7X was Republican and pro-bush for a while. If everyone can speak about their political views, why can't they.

Dean

While I agree that someone's opinion of a musician shouldn't necessarily affect their opinion of the music itself, they are nontheless entitled to their opinion of that musician as a person. I thought Shadows made himself out as quite a twat before I read this, but I like A7X as musicians to an extent.

Luke

You know, it is possible to just enjoy their music and hate them as people, just like my position with many bands such as Guns N' Roses and Rammstein.

I'm not really a democrat or repulblican either however I slant more towards democratic views because I think the republican party is full of rednecks, Cowboys self-loving assholes and idiotic people such as Condoleza Rice, Arnold Shwartzanegger (who, in my opinion only became governor of california because people liked the idea of The Terminator running a US state) and Dick Chaney who are so far up Bushes ass that it's hard to tell when one starts and the other ends. Now I'm not saying the democratic party is a godsend or anything but if it came down to it and I was a US citizen and the right age to vote it would be the democrats I would vote for simply because they aren't as hellbent on fixing a society for themselves as they are for fixing a society for the people.

The concept that A7X needs to grasp is that bands like Green Day and other punk-rock bands who send out an anti-establishment message aren't saying they hate Bush because he's republican, the whole point of anti-establishment is not liking any political party until it suits the fit of a non-corrupt party there for the people and no such party exists America (that I'm aware of) because each party has its flaws. Do you think they'll say on stage one day ''VOTE DEMOCRATIC!"? They wont. They badmouth Bush because he became president and has been trying to finish off where Daddy left off ever since. There are a million points that could be brought up to say just how crap of a President Bush is but I wont go into that.

The point of punk and punk-rock is to send out a message of rebellion no matter what political party is running the show. A7X obviously just think these bands are out there whining because the republicans got in and now Bush is in charge, well they need to fuck off and do a little more research before they go off and start badmouthing alot of extremly talented bands, if they don't like it then fine, they can take their band and start the World Republican Tour.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

They're still an amazing band and that's all that matters.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I could possibly see hating GNR as people, but what's wrong with Rammstein.

Will

He thinks they're Nazis. :rolleyes:

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Exactly, if you don't believe in freedom of speech for people you despise, you don't believe in it at all. I pretty much can't stand Avenged Sevenfold, but if Rage Against The Machine can burn American flags and play outside of large presidential conventions (not that I have anything against that all) then Avenged Sevenfold should be able to praise that thing in our White House.

On the other hand, I don't think they're doing it for a real cause, but moreso just to add to their image - "Oh look at us! We're Avenged Sevenfold and we're huge rebels because we actually like Bush! We're so hardcore and cool and non-conformist! America! If you don't like them, die!"

Ok, I realize I exaggerated, but yeah, you know.

Will

Your exaggeration's probably got more truth to it than you think.

Christopher

Amen. I completely agree with you.

It just bothered me, they're fake. Just saying they like Bush to add to their image.

(That's what I understood out of this interview anyway...)

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A bunch of kids who hated Bush after American Idiot came out have burned Avenged Sevenfold's cd.

Why can't we just listen to music, even if it has a political agenda, as a listener, and not care about a band's poltical views.

Luke

When did I say that?

I don't like them as people because of the use of dildos they use onstage at festivals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.