Avenged Sevenfold: Republican And Proud

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

He did say "typical", as in "stereotypical".

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I'm going to make the best point of this thread.

Many of you are commending the punk movement for their anti-government stance during any presidency, but let me ask you this... Isn't it more "punk" to support Bush since Bush supporters are the MINORITY, by FAR? Even if I don't agree with their views on some things, it takes balls to go out and say you're a Bush supporter, especially during these times.

They're the rebels.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's why he was re-elected, then.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all. Bush wouldn't have been re-elected if the majority of the public wern't republican supporters therefore Avenged Sevenfold are just going with the crowd instead of seperating themselves from it. They're not rebels, they're sheep.

To be honest the fact that they're republican only phases me a little, what made me lose alot of respect for them is their complete disrespect for many talented bands.

So no I'm afraid that wasn't the best point of the thread :lol:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I think what Detri meant is that in the rock world, republicans are the minority, whereas democrats are the majority.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

as soon as you add a label and start defining what punk is, it loses it's meaning. just be yourself. have your own opinons on politics.

just because you support or hate bush dosn't make you punk. it's what you really believe is the right thing.

so what if avenged sevenfold supports bush. that's there political opinons, you're not going to change them by complaining. get over it.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

What's the approval rating for Bush, like... 25%?

The only reason he was elected was due to the fact that the Democrats had a no-name, pisspoor candidate in the last election.

Throw Hillary Clinton in the race in 2004 and we'd have a female president right now. Running Kerry was like placing a lab rat into the presidential race, and what's messed up is that he wasn't far behind Bush... lol.

Casey: Exactly. How many bands have lyrics bashing the republican party? Tons...

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

Here here.

So what, A7X likes Bush.

And alot of bands I can think of (NIN, Ministry, Green Day, NOFX, Eminem, etc etc) are bitching about Bush every chance they can get.

I understand when he was first elected, fine.

But he's going to be in office until January 2009.

That's 8 years.

Isn't 8 years a bit long to bitch about a friggin leader, who is only one in a few leaders who have sucked royally?

So what, they're Republican.

Whoopty-friggin-do.

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

Amen.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Whoever said that it doesn't matter a band's political preference, all that matters is their music hit the nail on the head. Who gives a crap what the band supports. You don't have to believe in a band's political message to like their music.

Also reading through the thread makes it easy to see where LPA slants. I think it's funny that you all condemn Avenged Sevenfold for saying anti-Bush/Republican bands are just doing it to be in vogue yet you all say Avenged Sevenfold is supporting Bush/Republicans just to do the same thing. I guess it's a lose/lose situation for them no matter what since they're Republicans.

I listen to more bands with extremely liberal beliefs than I listen to bands with even moderately conservative beliefs. Does this matter? No, because I like the music and could care less where they stand politically.

Liking or disliking a band for their political persuasion is like hating one of your parents for wearing an ugly shirt. Not only is it stupid, it's a matter of opinion.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

/thread

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

As much as I fucking hate their music, he has a point. Why was Green Day pandering to a bunch of middle school kids who had no grasp on the political landscape of the country and even less power to change it?

Luke

That's your opinion, it doesn't reflect the truth whatsoever though I'm afraid. Do you really think that Green Day actualy meant to get such an enormous revenue from Teenage audiences? They put their music out to everyone, yeah including teens, but not just for teens. Also you might wanna re-read the quote as Shadows didn't mention them once.

The fact is that at the end of the day if he did indeed mean to include Green Day in the mix then it's gonna be Green Day who gets the last laugh as they're the ones who's music is much more popular worldwide (even before American Idiot), they're the ones who's 'American Idiot' album made them so much god damn money that they could retire tomorrow, they're the ones who are getting a message out to people and they're also the ones who don't go around bitching in interviews how they're upset that there's not enough bands that believe in what america stands for.

They're also not the ones who were dumb enough to go on the warped tour, a prodominant punk-rock tour, and start going on about shit that was the complete opposite of what the tour is all about. Un-fucking-believable...it's like Elton John turning up at Ozzfest :lol:...slight exageration but it's somewhere along those lines.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
    Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, the Warped Tour wasn't a Democratic party fundraiser.

I really don't like sticking up for A7X, well.. because they're a patheticly horrible band... but they're not in the wrong here, unless you disagree with their political view, and that's a whole other topic, so..

Luke

Do you not read my posts in this thread? The warped tour is prodominantly full of punk rock acts. Punk rock=anti-establishment=not in favour of any political party.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Let's not overgeneralize. ;)

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I love you for that comment :lol:

Ant

Ant Ambient

With all due respect, most of the people in this topic are overgeneralizing with what they say. Sterotyping, overgeneralizing... same thing :)

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

You're right, but I can't see many people in this thread condemning the band's music because of them being republicans. Like I said before, people are entitled to their opinions of musicians as people and as musicians, but both should be kept separate more often than not.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Just like all metal = satan worshippers, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.