Backpacking

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by iNuBBiN, Jan 10, 2011.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

So me and a friend that has been away in a different city living on his own started talking the other night at a party(havent seen him in 2 years) and he was telling me all this crazy stuff about how living on his own and meeting new people has changed the way he few life. I can see how it has changed him. Well he just started saying was that you meet the best people you can find in the worst situations. He was living on peoples couches and made friends.

Well he started talking about how now he wants to go backpacking in Europe for a few years. Not the normal I go for 2 months and when im out of money I go back home, he wants to do the kind where he would work on a crew ship for 2 months on his way over and then just pick up shitty jobs and backpack through europe thats way. Well I started trippin out because I really thought about it and I think thats really what I want to do to. I am serious enough to not go to college(or wait till after) and just go out and explore the world with him. To me that would be the coolest thing to do in life. Not do the whole college, find job, start career and settle down. But flip my life around and just go out and see all I can see. Meet different people, cultures, just see what life really is. And do this for as long as I can.

Any thoughts......?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

My dad went to school in Europe for a year I think. But he stayed for quite some time after and just roamed the land pretty much. Hopped trains, hitchhiked, walked, whatever. He said it was really fun, but I find that hard to believe lol. I think a month of that would be all I could handle.

iNuBBiN

thats what I want but I want to do it all over the world. I want to experience the beauty in life and the world that 99% of people doesnt even know it exists. We were watching this planet earth video called "Home"(its on youtube) and it just opened my eyes to how many amazing things there are to see on this planet, that nobody pays attention to because all they want is money

travz21

Yeah, well you need lots of money to travel. How do you plan on getting across the oceans or crossing huge distances over land? Plus food and lodging, which can be really expensive some places.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've considered it. Still am, kind of. It's something that probably would be on a knife edge between being fun and crap.

iNuBBiN

My friend said we could work on a crew ship for 2 months getting over there to get money and I dont need lodging that often. I could do just fine sleeping on a subway or train, even the cheapest of hostiles. As for traveling as you said, your dad use to hop trains, walk, or hitchhike.

travz21

That was Europe though. Everything is more tightly packed there. You were talking about traveling the world.

Plus, he did that 30 years ago. Maybe things were more chill back then.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

That's really a good thought.

If you really want something so badly, go for it. It's your life in the first place no one will going to stop you but expect things will be as hard as stone and not smooth always.

Visit third world countries and see what really life is. I tell you, your backpacking is more than just a journey.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011