Bands that you used to like and now are sick of,

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by sup103, Aug 22, 2003.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Depswa - This Time was a really good song, then I made the mistake of buying their CD. Dubya Tee Eff, that was the only good song. No wonder theyve been kicked off Ozzfest. Hopefully future releases will be better.

Evanescence - Slam on me all you want for this one, but I can no longer listen to one song by them. I remember in January when I first heard Bring Me To Life on the Daredevil trailer and it was really awesome. Then it got way too much radio play, and I got sick of that song. The rest of their CD isnt great either in my opinion. Again, im hoping their next CD will be much better.

Now its your turn.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

omg u dint evakerkjelkfjelf!!11111!!1111!!!

Sam Roberts - Look, he's a really good artist and all, but I probably couldn't listen to one of his songs and actually like it anymore. I see and hear his music all the time, and because of that, I can't stand his music anymore.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Good Charlotte - of course, I still like them and always will, but they are definitely not the band they use to be. I liked them a lot better when they weren't so "popular". I have a lot of reasons why I am sort of sick of them, but I'll just sum it up in two words: They're everywhere. :chemist:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Kid Rock - I used to like listening to his stuff, now I don't really enjoy it that much. I don't really know why.

Evanescence - Much like sup, I used to like them a lot but now I can't really stand listening to them. Now don't get on my case, but to tell you the truth, I can't stand Amy Lee's sweet little voice singing over rock music. I find it annoying.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Incubus & System of a Down:
    Incubus & SOAD with teenies go together like bread & butter. :argh:

TEENIES KILL EVERYTHING.

Don't get me wrong, I listen to them once a blue moon, just not like I used to.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Evanescence and The Darkness

I liked Bring Me To Life but nothing else by them and The Darkness, I never really liked them but they are everywhere in the UK because they're English, they even won Best Album in the K! Awards but they are total bullsh*t!

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Ditto man

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Probably SOAD and Scars Of Life.

I liked them a lot and I guess it just got boring after a while.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

Good Charlotte, for pretty much the same reasons as ECP. They're just way too overplayed.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

More or less it's the songs I can't stand after awhile, rather than the bands. Like 'Somewhere I Belong' was so overkilled on much music. So the only 'bands' I used to like that I'm tired of are like, cheesy pop boybands. :blush:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I don't really get sick of bands just songs. Like any song that's played on the radio constantly. That sucks big time >.<

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I HATE how all these people start liking SOAD after they did 'Chop Suey' and 'Aerials'. They're great songs but they're gonna put more pressure on them to go further into the mainstream. (replying to comments)

Good Charlotte - If there was any poser punk band that was created to get a quick grab of cash and attract any teenie in the vicinity it would be this band. Sorry to all who like them but I hate everything they represent. They try to look like they're 'rebels', and they fail miserably, cause its all trendy.... :rolleyes: I did used to like their first song but got over that quick enough!

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Oooh I thought of a few bands.

Green Day - I used to listen to them all the time but once they released "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" I realized they'd never be the same Green Day. *sigh* Although I was very pleased with "Warning", it just would never be the same as on their older CDs.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't really get sick of listening to any of the bands that I listen to, but I do lose interest in them sometimes and cease listening to them... and I'll only listen to them every once in awhile.

Most of the time the reason I stop listening to a band for awhile is because I can't sing along to their music. If I can sing along to a band's music, I will listen to them all the time. Evanescence, Mudvayne, Slipknot and Stone Sour are a few bands that would fall under that catagory. I can't sing along to their music, so I don't listen to them all the time even though they're four of my favourite bands.

Other bands I just take breaks from for awhile so I don't get bored of their music, like Finger Eleven, Taproot, TRUSTcompany and Staind. I listen to them all the time still, but every once in awhile I stop so that I can listen to some of the other bands that I have on my computer. I like to give them all "fair playtime."

All-in-all, I'm not really sick of any bands that I listen to, except maybe Linkin Park................................... :teehee:

Magick

Magick Ambient

Adema - I liked them a lot back in September '01 and continued to after I saw them in February with Linkin Park. I got their CD and stuff but I guess around May or June, I just realized how cliché and boring their lyrics were.

Staind - My friend got me Break The Cycle and, on the first listen, I really liked it. Like Adema, I realized how monotonous it is. Although I don't listen to them anymore, I still like a few songs.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

To everyone here who gets sick of bands/songs because of too much radio airplay, here's a simple solution.

Step 1: Turn off your radio and never turn it on again.
    Step 2: Keep your TV tuned into channels other than MTV, VH1, etc.

That's why I'm never sick of LP songs.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

you said it the best

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

System Of A Down.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Blink 182: They need to stop being comedians who aren't funny, grow the hell up and write real songs about real issues. Same with Sum 41.

Also, the Deftones. White Pony kicked ass, but their new CD is pretty crappy except for a few songs

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Bands that you used to like and now are sick of, and why