Bands that you used to like and now are sick of,

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by sup103, Aug 22, 2003.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Well.....

There are a couple of bands.
    The Goo Goo Dolls....I really like them but the music got kind of boring...I'll relike them soon but I just need to take a break.
    I dont know if this counts as a banf...but any tribute songs get kind of boring after awhile. I mean, you get the message and love the song at first but then they can lose their appeal.

And surprisingly, as I told Chrissy, Linkin Park sometimes gets overplayed. I mean, I hear them on the radio, watch the video, and listen to them at home. Sometimes I need to listen to soo artists for awhile to really appreciate how much their music kicks ass you know what I mean?

Thats it for now....

May

May Ambient

for me it's also i don't get sick of the band i get sick of the songs. like Evanescence.. i use to love Bring me to life and whenever i hear it i have to change the channel/station/track number on the cd. but i still love Evanescence i just get tired of songs whenever it's overplayed... probably why i don't like Good Charlotte...

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

Vengaboys because back then they were so good. And they still have that one song "Vengabus" on promotion or you hear the song on a compliation CD. That last time I heard of them or any of their songs was @ my sister's wedding. ....No I take that back, that last time I heard of them or any of their songs was their video on MTV2's Most Irritating Videos.

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

on of them now has a solo single out
    and it sucks

I just want to point out one thing: a lot of you people get tired of this or that band because they're "overplayed"...which I admit some bands are, but I hardly think they can help it. If you ask me, Linkin Park is so overplayed on my MTV channels but I don't hear a single soul saying that they've got tired of LP. (Well there probably ARE people who've got tired of LP but that's why they're not on this board.) If I were any of those bands, I would feel kinda sad that I'm losing fans simply because too many of my songs are appearing on MTV. To be honest, I'd get tired of a band too if they constantly receive airplay - hence the reason why I don't listen to the radio and I change channel every time "Bring Me To Life" comes on - I'm getting sick of that song but I can never get tired of Evanescence.

As much as some people hate MTV, I probably have to thank them. If it weren't for all the music channels, I wouldn't have heard of all these great bands that I'm listening to now. Of course, every time I learn about a great band, I'd download all their songs or buy their album just so I wouldn't get hooked on that ONE song that's being played over and over again...which brings me to SOAD. I like them after they did 'Chop Suey' but that's not the only song I like them for. Sue me.

Good Charlotte - Where do people get this idea that GC is a punk band? Firstly, I don't consider them punk. It's kinda easy for some people to fall for that just 'cause they have spiky hair and tattooes but I know that's not real punk. I'd probably refer to them as 'emo' but seriously, people gotta stop pigeonholing bands and then hating them because they're in the wrong category. They're not hardcore, they're not 'rebels' and I don't think they purposefully try to live up to that image. They only look like rebels because we perceive them that way and some of us are not happy with our own peception. As for teenies...don't blame it on them. If you think Good Charlotte teenies run riot, you should come to the LPMB. As you could gather by now, I'm a GC fan. They're my 2nd/3rd favorite band after Linkin Park. I don't like them for their "poser punk" image, their looks or whatever, I like them simply because some of their songs hit close to home.

'Nuff said.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

You know what though? I don't see Linkin Park's faces all over teenie magazines because they actually turn them down - they also sound better and write better music than GC. They don't give us this image which MAKES us think they're punk-wannabes.

Dude, that's like me dressing up in a Burger King uniform, walking into Burger King, and someone asking me if I work there and me saying "No, I just like this image and love to fool people into thinking something I'm not."

Trust me - it's GC's own fault for being criticized the way they are.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I agree and you rock. ;)

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

The thread asks WHY you are sick of them now, I'm interested to hear your justification.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Good Charlotte - Where do people get this idea that GC is a punk band? Firstly, I don't consider them punk. It's kinda easy for some people to fall for that just 'cause they have spiky hair and tattooes but I know that's not real punk. I'd probably refer to them as 'emo' but seriously, people gotta stop pigeonholing bands and then hating them because they're in the wrong category. They're not hardcore, they're not 'rebels' and I don't think they purposefully try to live up to that image. They only look like rebels because we perceive them that way and some of us are not happy with our own peception. As for teenies...don't blame it on them. If you think Good Charlotte teenies run riot, you should come to the LPMB. As you could gather by now, I'm a GC fan. They're my 2nd/3rd favorite band after Linkin Park. I don't like them for their "poser punk" image, their looks or whatever, I like them simply because some of their songs hit close to home.

'Nuff said. [/b][/quote]
    Go You :) !
    I don't know how many times I have said that to people. The whole "punk" thing. They never ever have said they were punk nor considered themselves it. They will always be one of my favs also. I guess I'm overprotective of bands I like and when I saw them on tv for the first time it was odd and seeing the girl with the " I want to have your babies" shirt, just freaked me out. Half of the people I know don't even know that Billy or Paul are in the band let alone Chris or who the previous drummers were. Everything has happened so fast for them and I think they deserve every cent they are getting.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

If you wear the image, you get a label - that's how the media works.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand. Of course they aren't a punk band or 'rebels'. But looking like that is a marketing gimmick to gain popularity, not to mention money! So I don't take very seriously a band who relies so much on their image and (music videos) for popularity. And if you like the band for their music and don't care about their image, I respect that, but I'm just pointing out thats the reason many people have gotten into GC in the first place.

(good point Jawknee)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Down in front there, Otadon. I beat you to it on the first page.

Bands that you used to like and now are sick of, and why
    [/quote]

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

SOAD all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I don't think you understand. Of course they aren't a punk band or 'rebels'. But looking like that is a marketing gimmick to gain popularity, not to mention money! So I don't take very seriously a band who relies so much on their image and (music videos) for popularity. And if you like the band for their music and don't care about their image, I respect that, but I'm just pointing out thats the reason many people have gotten into GC in the first place.

(good point Jawknee) [/b][/quote]
    Holy crap, that was the best point about GC ever! Hell yeah, Odaton!

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I used to love Papa Roach. I still like them now but not as much as all the other bands around

(good point Jawknee) [/b][/quote]
    Okay, I see your point. (And yes Jawknee, I agree that LP make better music than GC). Image-wise, I think the band looks pretty normal if it weren't for Benji's spiky hair and tattoos. So for all the people who got into GC because of their image, I just wanna know - what the f**k is so special about it? I don't find it very special. Some people are just happy looking like that and even if I were to walk out into the street dressed like Benji Madden, that still won't make me a punk.

And to be honest, I think a lot of new bands rely on music videos to gain popularity these days. There are only so many ways that people can be introduced to new bands - internet, magazines, word of mouth and MTV. I don't blame them for becoming so mainstream. To a certain extent, LP have become quite mainstream too. After all, isn't that what every band wants? To get as much recognition as possible? For their music to reach out to as many people as possible?

I'd just like to know whether all the GC-critics (both online and IRL) even gave their album and EP a chance? Fair enough if you have and you don't like their type of music. I heard all their singles on MTV, then bought the album and downloaded their EP and I have to say that the songs that have NOT become mainstream sound nothing like "The Anthem" or "Girls and Boys". In fact, they are the ones I like listening to the most.

I know that a lot of people don't like GC for what they're trying to project themselves as. That's understandable...but like I said, I would still respect them if they make good music. And they do. Their music will always be, for me, a source of insight and encouragement. They don't take things for granted and that's about as cool as they can get.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Okay, now you're turning this into a "GC - Sucks or Not" topic Part 200.

I have given GC a chance with their albums and I like only one of their songs.

Let's just end the whole GC debate now.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I know you said to end the debate now, but just out of curiosity, what is the one song you like of theirs?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I know you said to end the debate now, but just out of curiosity, what is the one song you like of theirs? [/b][/quote]
    Screamer. ^_^ I think the lyrics and the way it sounds is great.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Screamer. ^_^ I think the lyrics and the way it sounds is great. [/b][/quote]
    That is the best GC song ever. Okay done with the GC talk.