Battle Symphony Lyric Video - Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 17, 2017.

Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Rob doing live drums.
    Mike doing keys and pads.
    Phoenix doing bass (it is here, for sure).
    Joe doing samples and fills.
    Brad doing electro-drums, just like Chester on Wretches & Kings and Blackout.
    Speaking of whom ... he's doing vocals.

6/6
    Didn't I miss the backing vox from Kiiara? :halfkappa:

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

Pretty cool and chill lyric video, loving the nature cinematography(although it makes it feel like a travel commercial video haha. Not that those places don't look nice to visit)

Honestly I wouldn't really mind that, even if I was initially disappointed with 'Heavy', it'll be the redeeming factor and I might enjoy it more later. Will still be cautiously optimistic tho.

Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this lyric video. It's so pretty.

Sasuke and lpfaneki like this.
    Tony Fields

What I'm going to write now is just an expression of my own opinion without forcing anyone to accept it, brace yourselves :D

I'd prefer trusting Adam and Mike. Linkin Park's latest three albums had weakier songs (in my opinion, of course) released before the whole record.

Off ATS we've heard The Catalyst, Waiting for the End and Wretches & Kings before release, but Burning in the Skies, When They Come for Me, Robot Boy and - surprise! - Jornada Del Muerto were way better.
    Off Living Things we've heard Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery before the whole effort, but this album's besties are Roads Untraveled, Castle of Glass and Until It Breaks.
    Off The Hunting Party we've heard GATS, UIG, Wastelands, Rebellion and Final Masquerade. Still, All for Nothing, Mark the Graves, Drawbar and A Line in the Sand are much better.

This whole thing shows me that I will be really surprised when One More Light comes out. So I'm excited.

ciao_fiv and Kareem Saad like this.
    Non-Pattern

Just read it and I have to agree. Granted that I have been critical of the 2 singles(mostly just Heavy), it makes me a bit sad to see him typing all this out just to justify and clarify what they are doing in a sincere manner.

The_Hands47 and Iopia like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Regarding this point also, you don't know who did what on the track just from hearing it - another good example of this is "Blackout".

In addition to this, there've been LP songs in the past where not every single band member contributed writing, most notably "High Voltage", "My December" and "Breaking The Habit".

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Man, I am so tired of the "there's no other band members on this/why didn't they use a real bass/guitar" vs "Rob/Dave/x member is clearly playing the live instrument here" and all such arguments. The fact is, we can't know for sure (until a BTS or official word) what's being played live, who came up with what, etc. Why does it matter? We should all be able to agree that one person can make a full-sounding track, that sounds like it has live instruments whether it does or not.

It's pretty obvious that people are trying to say they'd rather hear the tone of live drums/bass/guitar when they make this critique, so pointing out the fact that the member performed it/came up with it is a pretty useless retort. I wish people would drill down to describing what the tone/feeling of what they hear instead of simple things like "needs more guitar" and "wish it had 'real' drums", those converstations always seem to spiral into example-pointing arguments that don't really prove anything. And yeah, of course not everyone is musically inclined enough to understand that Brad is clearly still playing guitar in Heavy, and that there's live drums/bass, but at least those who reply who do understand such things should explain it and not just be like "there's clearly guitar here idiot"

PS, I'm not directly commenting on anything I see above this post, just kind of a general feeling I get from multiple posts about Heavy and Battle Symphony.

Tony Fields

yes, I know. I tried to imagine the live version of the song

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I was adding to what you said, my post wasn't actually aimed at you :)

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Both videos did have a proper video later on though. Well GATS had that video game thing, but anyhow.

Also I have been seeing comments on youtube that said something along the lines of "Please LP come back" and I am replying to them (mostly Copy and pasting) "They are. They just released a new lyric video called 'Battle Symphony'. You should check it out." I love how upset they get and try to tell me that "this is not LP. This is pop music." then I go. "Yes pop music by Linkin park." Gets me fired up.

EDIT:

has this clip been posted yet?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Kareem Saad likes this.
    HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I gotta say, lyrics don't mean that much to me in the grand scheme of things. One of my favorite LP songs is Skin To Bone, which has lyrics a 12 year old could come up with. When I listen to a song I'm listening first to the production/instrumentation, then I listen to vocal style (one of the things that keeps me from loving Heavy is that I hate how Chester sounds on it), then finally I listen to what an artist is actually saying.

Heavy and Battle Symphony aren't bad songs to me. The fact that they're pop doesn't matter to me (I love pop music tbh). However, I do think that they're just a bit too generic as far production goes. But like I said, they aren't bad...and knowing that musicians typically choose the weakest songs on the album to be the first couple of singles, I still have high hope for One More Light.

Ree likes this.
    Non-Pattern

While I don't reply to them, i too find it hilarious. :lol: Some of the comments, esp on those nu-metal covers, are just too cringeworthy.

Stu

Stu Can't be outmatched or outdone

Got to say I enjoyed 'Heavy' but 'Battle Symphony' is a way better song. The Intro Instrumental is interesting but the instrumental overall is nice. Chester's voice is nice. Rob on the drums again makes the song interesting. Overall a better song i think

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I LOVE IT!! Brilliant song, heard it last night on a certain well known website I'm sure you can guess which

Great lyrics, great tune, no complaints. Something about it reminds me of something familiar but can't place it, which is even better as I get to listen to it more.

However why on EARTH is this not going to be a proper single with a release and a video? It stands head and shoulders above Heavy in every single way. Don't agree with that at all.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Nice, I love these environmental shots, especially the drone footage.

Kareem Saad

Kareem Saad Active Member

May be they think the upcoming songs are even better (Mike and Adam mentioned that today).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's incredible how many talented musicians we have on these boards! They're so skilled at music that they can instantly tell just by listening to a song, exactly how much effort was put into it, and what band members appeared on it. I thought I was okay at music but DAMN, I'd kill to have that kind of musical ear!

Tell me your secrets guys. I need to know how to be able to tell all these things just by listening to a song. That's an impressive talent!

zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

The lyric video really suits the song imo. It would be nice if this song would receive (if at all) a simillary toned music video. Despite the fact i'm not into the song so much it's nice to hear some positive stuff from guys boosted by positive video.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

...I can't even. :lol:

Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Lol:lol:
    Tbh the drums are processed very well and good production is involved. People who say that it could have been done in 2 mins have no idea about how music is composed and produced.