BATTLE SYMPHONY - Opinion Poll

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Brandon, Mar 14, 2017.

?

BATTLE SYMPHONY - Opinion Poll

1. 5/5 - I loved it! One of the band's best songs!

8.3%
  2. 4/5 - They've done better, but still awesome.

44.4%
  3. 3/5 - I liked it, but I have mixed feelings about it.

31.9%
  4. 2/5 - Weak. Not really interested.

12.5%
  5. 1/5 - Horrible and forgettable.

2.8%
  6. 0/5 - I fucking hate it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

(I'm ripping off linkinloch's Heavy opinion thread, cause I like data and I like consistency.)

linkinloch likes this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

It's about what I thought of Heavy; 'I understand what you're going for and can kind of appreciate the idea, but the execution isn't terribly well done.' A solid "meh".

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Ok, so now after one day and some more listens, i start to like this song (catchy stuff ya know :bradwink:) . the chorus is great ( :worship: Chester's voice :worship:) but the verses are a bit boring,
    and i wished the bridge was way longer. but i still think this song could easily fit in the first half of LT.
    So I really hope those two songs are the only upbeat poppy songs on the record. 3.5

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Compared to Heavy I love it, but I do still have mixed feelings about the "LP goes pop" thing. I'm pretty sure that sounds contradictory, but its my opinion.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I really like this song. I think I like it more than Heavy. With that being said it really doesn't feel very much like a "Linkin Park song" if that makes sense but honestly I think that's a good thing. The optimism in the lyrics is really fresh and the instrumental sounds unique within LP's discography. I think seven albums into their career it's good for them to explore new sounds in their music.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I give it no more than a 3 at this time, though my opinion may change once I hear it more. I allowed myself only one leaky listen. All others will be after the official release.

As for the song itself, I like the vocals and lyrics, though the lyrics especially do not fit the up-tempo, somewhat happy vibe the instrumental gives off.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Lyrics are a step forward from Heavy and the vocals are fantastic, however the instrumental is so uninspired and full of current commercial music cliches - the snaps, the main synth that doesn't really do anything, that pausing before the final chorus. Not to mention the song's climax is pretty much nonexistent, which is something Linkin Park have mastered for the last 20 years.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I'm probably the only one who thinks, Battle Symphony is much worse than Heavy. I actually thought Heavy was a solid or even great pop song. Battle Symphony starts off well but gets boring within the first listen.

Avo likes this.
    Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I just noticed myself feeling this way recently too actually. Heavy really started growing on me, and I do think it's a damn good pop song. One of LP's best. The instrumental, the melodies, the dynamics, and the progressive build- all of these aspects are top notch for me. Battle Symphony, while being a good song, doesn't do as much for me as it did when it initially came out.

Sasuke likes this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

While Battle Symphony is like a 6 or a 7 for me, Heavy is an 8.
    I do understand why people generally seem to enjoy Battle Symphony more, but I just find it a bit - well standard. I do love the vocals and the more somber "symphonic" moments, but I really think the instrumental lacks some more surprises and stand out moments, which Heavy actually has plenty of in comparison (despite popular opinion).
    Not a bad song, through.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

4/5. I'm in love with this song and I can't stop listening to it. I JUST CAN'T! :WTF:

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I haven't really liked any Linkin Park music since Minutes to Midnight but I gave this song a listen. Didn't capture me, I don't have a desire to listen to it again. So I went with weak and forgettable.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

While I don't dislike these two new songs and there are things I like about them, I honestly can't see myself listening to these much outside of full "OML" playthroughs. There's not enough there to make me want to come back to them individually.

It's kind of how I felt about a lot of THP. Which is a bit concerning towards how I'll feel about this album as a whole, but I'm still holding out for some tracks that I'll really enjoy. I did like the "Talking to Myself" live clip a lot, so that's one track at least.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's just okay for me.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

MUCH better than Heavy, I feel it should've been the lead single. Though I guess the reason Heavy was because of the line "why is everything so heavy?" which makes sure people know straight away this isn't THP, however getting concerned about seeming lack of Mike. Hope this doesn't turn out like MTM if ya know what I mean.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

General update: I did an average from both the Heavy and Battle Symphony polls.

Heavy averages out to a 3.02, so it's pretty much right at the "I liked it but I have mixed feelings" spot.

Battle Symphony averages to 3.48, so right in between mixed and positive.

Rhel

Rhel Member

Gave it a 3/5, it's not a bad song...
    I actually like heavy better though. It feels a bit more... intense I guess. Plus I actually think Kiiara and Chester harmonize pretty well.