'Believe Me', This Is It

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

When Linkin Park gets back with a new album and a new tour and if they consider performing a Fort Minor song, I could definately see them playing "Believe Me". The song sounds really awesome. Can't wait for the rest of The Rising Tied.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

its similar to one of the loops but its not note for note.......at least I dont think its the same....

Even if it were...its legal cause that stuff is royalty free.....but Im pretty sure its not the same sample

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

its similar to one of the loops but its not note for note.......at least I dont think its the same....

Even if it were...its legal cause that stuff is royalty free.....but Im pretty sure its not the same sample [/b][/quote]
    Mike uses Pro Tools on a Mac, so it's reasonable to assume that he has Garage Band software too. The loop sounds pretty much identical to me but I don't see a big deal about it since it's a music production program anyway.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Well...he did bring an orchestra in didn't he? Maybe he had them rerecord something similar to that loop for the cd because he liked the sound?

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Well since this is the first single...he could be doing what eminem does...first single a catchy radio friendly song to get the attention of the masses and then hit them with the more underground stuff? Who knows, but this song is different, nobody was expecting a song like this. Thats why I like it.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

I know what you're saying and I hope that is the case but it could be like Eminem's last 2 albums where the rest of the album is radio friendly music. I think everyone who likes rap wants Eminem to return to a Marshall Mathers LP and before stlye and the same goes for Fort Minor where we want the more underground sound for the rest of the album. Just my opinion..

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I know what you're saying and I hope that is the case but it could be like Eminem's last 2 albums where the rest of the album is radio friendly music. I think everyone who likes rap wants Eminem to return to a Marshall Mathers LP and before stlye and the same goes for Fort Minor where we want the more underground sound for the rest of the album. Just my opinion.. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you. Eminem has been complete crap lately save Mockingbird. I like the song but..... when he said "different from today's hip hop" I immediately thought "underground". Underground rap aka HTEP style is the opposite of today's rap. His still to me is still in the "radio friendly" genre of rap. Nothing wrong with that. I just wasn't expecting 5 Mike's to bust out in harmony. lol

Unplugged

Unplugged Well-Known Member

Woow it's different like other of mike's solo songs but i sound catchy ;) pretty cool

NickelNine

I just saw this image on the Fort Minor boards. Warner Music Germany has the single being release November 11th and this is what it will look like:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I'm crediting kay86 on the FM.com boards for this information.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Got the rip. I'm not too upset about the "pop" aspect of it. I never really thought Fort Minor would be a true hip-hop project. I mean, not many people will buy into straight up hip-hop. You have to have some mainstream appeal, and I praise Mike for realizing that.

That said, the chorus sucks a large amount of balls.

NickelNine

:lol: I love it!
    But I agree with everything said above it.

Psycho69

Psycho69 New Member

That song is dope.

The song, especially the hook reminds me alot of Swollen Members.. sounds like a hook Moka Only would do.

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I like it very much. :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Does anyone else think SOB is outperforming Mike on some of these FM songs, lyrical and flow-wise?

I'm liking "Believe Me". "Petrified" is still my favorite.

minor park

minor park Banned

I do...SOB is just flowing nice and smooth..also on the rip of it at the end of the song does anybody here mike saying"so look here is the deal" maybe that part of the next song?

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

minor park

minor park Banned

does anybody know where you can get that chain from

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.