Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Maggot, Jul 5, 2003.
My top five iz:
I can't think of five lol.
I'll just name one.
Fieldy of Korn. To me, he is the absolute best.
He rocks the hell out of the bass!
EastCoastPunk-Fieldy is good,but not so good as Ryan o f Mudvayne!
Tye Zamora-what band are they playin' in?
Deftones and Foo Fighters I believe.
deftones and alien ant farm
Here's my top 5:
1. Flea (RHCP)
- A master at his instrument. Can create amazing basslines to anything from ballads, funk/rock, and alternative rock. Has some great solos too.
Best modern rock bassist. Listen to 'Blood Sugar Sex Magik' and see what I mean!
2. Tony Levin (King Crimson/Peter Gabriel/Liquid Tension Experiment)
-This man's a legend in the rock world. I have yet to hear much of this guy, or he'd probably be first. His stuff with LTE is extraordinary!
3. Ru-D (Mudvayne)
-The best metal bassist out there, period. The best thing I like about him is even though there is can heavy riffage you can still hear him and he does so awesome basslines besides.
4. John Myung (Dream Theater)
- An excellent musician, with some amazing bass stuff, but he is overshadowed by the likes of guitarist John Petrucci and drummer Mike Portnoy. He also is too low in the mix and sometimes you can't hear him!
5. Sean Anderson (Finger Eleven)
- Just listen to him on their new album! He can play that bass very well, and he is always a presence. Does the intros to songs like 'Good Times', 'Therapy', and 'Conversations' with the drums.
Flea. Flea is the ultimate ruler of the bass. Metallica's new bass player isn't bad either.
Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Sam Rivers (Limp Bizkit)
His name's Robert Trujilio!
Robert Trujilo used to play for Suicidal Tendencies and Ozzy Osbourne. He was the only worthwhile performance, in my opinion, on St. Anger. (He played great and did intros to some songs and did a professional job on St. Anger, but (IMO) the bad production, weak lyrics, and no solos by Kirk Hammett not to mention Lar's sound (like he was banging on trash cans) caused the album to be a huge blunder for Metallica.)
rob isn't on St.Anger it's Bob rock playing the bass on St.Anger
I was just about to say that, thanks.
Besides me,(I wish) i would have t o say the best bass player is by far Flea.
Separate names with a comma.