BID vs LGM (2012)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Arjun, May 25, 2012.

?

Which is the better song?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2012.
  1. Burn It Down

41 vote(s)
    38.3%
  2. Lies Greed Misery

66 vote(s)
    61.7%
    Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

which song you think is better? Burn it down or Lies greed Misery.Even if you dont like both vote the one which was better.

For me its LGM because its energetic, fast paced and on the aggressive side.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Aint nuttin but LIES GREED MISERY

Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

My good taste of music says "Lies Greed Misery"

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I would go for BID cuz it's more LP-ish than LGM.
    Second reason is I'm not sure whether I like LGM because of its style or because it's LP.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

LGM is more unique

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I kind of hate to say it, simply because it was kind of a disappointment being the first thing to come out since A Thousand Suns, but I really do think that "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song. I've been trying really hard today in terms of allowing "LIES GREED MISERY" to grow on me, but it's not. It's an interesting juxtaposition of pseudo-dubstep and glitch electronics with Hybrid Theory-esque vocals and lyrics, but it's not a good song. It honestly kind of enrages me, and I think it's largely because the music doesn't sound as angry as the lyrics do. Some people pull off that kind of inter-contradiction really well, and Linkin Park has too (see Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks," as well as "Waiting for the End"), but this song did not do it well. It sounded off and honestly, it sounded a lot like noise. I think I would have liked the instrumental on its own.

With that said, "BURN IT DOWN" is the better song largely because it's not a bad song. I actually think that despite it being a complete rehashing of everything Linkin Park's ever done, it's still a well-constructed song. If anything, the band is displaying that it can make good singles that would appeal to almost every fan and that they have their general long-term structure down. While I don't like it because I've been hoping for something as groundbreaking as A Thousand Suns (but I know it's not realistic for me to believe that'll be the case considering that we've already heard two songs (almost three or four, including "TINFOIL" and that verse from "UNTIL IT BREAKS") that really don't seem all that groundbreaking), it still is a decent song. It's well-written and I like the instrumental to it. It's not their best, but it's not their worst. It's certainly better than "LIES GREED MISERY."

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Not sure. BID is better to sing along to and is longer but LGM is just so awesome! Can't wait for the rest of the album. One thing that is weird about Lies is the lyrics are angry and pissed off while the music sounds cheery and up beat

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I personally prefer LIES GREED MISERY, but I agree with exactly what you've written here, which sucks.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

this.

ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Lies Greed Misery is more fast paced than the "fast paced" song. Fastpaceception.

jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

I prefer LGM I think, it's just a lot more interesting to listen to imo, despite its length. That's not to say I don't like BID though :p

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I like BID but it's too single-esque

So I vote for LGM, which is awesome!

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

same was with blackout. this contradiction between the tune and lyrics is what makes both LGM and Blackout awesome songs.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey, I just met you
    And I'm still sleepy
    But I think I like'em
    Both equally

And this doesn't look right
    I'll break decorum
    Isn't this topic in
    The wrong sub-forum?

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Because I'm so pumped for Lies Greed Misery, I'd probably just say I like it more, but... if I really think about it, I like Burn It Down better.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I have to say LGM here. BID is a little generic and LGM adds a Hybrid Theory-esq vocal track (Add roots here) with a fresh modern electronic style. I just have to get used to the chorus.

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Burn It Down, imho.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think that is the initial reaction especially if you listen to a low quality rip of the BBC airing. The chorus vocals and instrumentation don't appear to mesh well at first listen. You kinda go Huh? What?

After a second listen and a much better (CD quality actually) MP3, the chorus is actually really good :D

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

LGM.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm really not sure, I really do like "Lies Greed Misery"'s instrumental a lot. I'd prefer if there were no vocals on it. It doesn't sound like a rehash of Meteora or Hybrid Theory, instrumental wise.

On the other hand, Burn it Down also has a good instrumental but it reeks of similarity to The Catalyst, New Divide, Blackout and What I've Done thus it loses a lot of originality. So, if it were just an instrumental I'd have a hard time not comparing it to those songs. That's not something I think I could love... The lyric of the verses are good but the chorus and rap parts are just quite corny. Which kind of defeats the verses, I guess.

The song structures of both tracks are about the same. Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus. Standard HT and MT structures, thus quite boring after the gem of A Thousand Suns.

Which one is better is hard to say but if I had to pick an instrumental I'd pick LIES GREED MISERY.