Biffy Clyro

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Infinity, Dec 26, 2013.

Infinity

Infinity *

Hey guys,

A long time ago I made a thread about this band and now they are touring the USA again! (And playing soundwave in Australia)!

Anyway, Im surprised how unknown they are in America, even in mainland Europe actually......

The 3 guys from Scotland have a total of 6 albums out.
    In order:
    Blackend Sky - listen to: 27, 57 and JoyDiscoverInvention
    The vertigo of bliss -: Liberate the Illiterate, Diary of Always and All the way down (the very best track!!)
    Infinity land -: Glitter and Trauma, Wave upon wave upon wave

The first 3 albums really feel weird..... Really alternative and alot of tempo changes
    The last 3 are more mainstream and may be more recognizeable

Puzzle -: living is a problem because everythings dies, who's got a match and Folding Stars ( a beautifull song he wrote when his mother died)
    Only Revolutions -: bubbles (dat guitar!), Mountains, whorses and ofcourse their most famous track: Many of Horror
    Opposites -: modern magic formula, victory over the sun, the jokes on us, a girl and his cat and black chandelier

Also if you want to know how they are live, check out their Reading headlining performances of this year: AMAZING! And also Wembley concert dvd from 2010 if I am correct.

I hope you guys discover this band and grow to love them as I do!

P.S. Sorry for not posting any YouTube vids but that shit is hard on a IPad haha

Viper224

Viper224 Well-Known Member

Only found out about them because they're on the soundtrack for NHL 14. I don't know them too well, but I like these songs:

[video=youtube;myc_RViTHhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myc_RViTHhY[/video]

[video=youtube;1XrvdDRHwvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrvdDRHwvo[/video]

[video=youtube;JrbMNBNMksk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrbMNBNMksk[/video]

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Their a fantastic band. And to think I used to hate them at one point!

Infinity has summed up their discography well in the first post. BIFFY Are Lot more mainstream now that what they used to be, but that shouldn't put you off, as a lot of their new music is still excellent, just more accessible to newer listeners. The band is still experimenting slightly on their latest a album but their is a noticeable difference to their older stuff. If you like more alternate and more eclectic rock, the first 3 albums you'll enjoy.

The band experimented more with time signatures, song structure and vocal melody back then making them sound a lot more introvert and unique. But their new stuff is just as good in different ways. It sounds more confident and strong and their musicianship hasn't faltered one bit. Although they don't do as many experimental songs, their newer music experiments with more strings, brass and choir which gives the band a huge sound that compliments them we'll.

I'll be interested to see where they go on their next album as they can't get any more bigger than what they are now.